Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

I love how Sonic looks, but the antenna looks so darn off to me.

Yes I know that's how he looks in Colo(u)rs, but still...

The antenna would look better in his back point up like a shark tail maybe? Still freaking awesome though!

makes me think of the tails doll from sonic R

say out of curiousity, this is a question for the 3d hub mod maker, what is the hubs map file? is it a map file?

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

I love how Sonic looks, but the antenna looks so darn off to me.

Yes I know that's how he looks in Colo(u)rs, but still...

Is it because of the little red ball on the top? I just can't seem to find a way to make it look decently shaded/lighted/shadowed. Unless I figure something out, it's always gonna looks really out-of-place like that. D=

The antenna would look better in his back point up like a shark tail maybe? Still freaking awesome though!

That Robot is an actual character from the Sonic series. It is the playable character in the Sonic Simulator from Sonic Colors. I even used the parts from its Sonic Colors 3D model to make the mod. However, the Super Form, the Classic Form, and the Classic Super Form were made-up by me.

Just wondering, are there going to be any .aax files for the Game Land results music included? I've already made some myself to go with this, but I guess it's worth asking so I can just delete the ones I have if your own are going to be included.

Speaking of music, does anybody know which .cpk the 1-Up/Anniversary jingle is located in? I'm having trouble finding it, since it's not blatantly standing out. It certainly isn't the misleading "EMBB075_1up_wav" jingle, or even the "20th_logo_Master20101228b_wav" jingle (ingame one lacks the ring noise at the end, so I'm assuming this is only used for the Anniversary logo), and I really don't feel like dumping and converting every .aax file.

Just wondering, are there going to be any .aax files for the Game Land results music included? I've already made some myself to go with this, but I guess it's worth asking so I can just delete the ones I have if your own are going to be included.

Speaking of music, does anybody know which .cpk the 1-Up/Anniversary jingle is located in? I'm having trouble finding it, since it's not blatantly standing out. It certainly isn't the misleading "EMBB075_1up_wav" jingle, or even the "20th_logo_Master20101228b_wav" jingle (ingame one lacks the ring noise at the end, so I'm assuming this is only used for the Anniversary logo), and I really don't feel like dumping and converting every .aax file.

This mod won't be including any in-game music until I start messing with the stages. Remember, I still have to do a couple more things with the models, and re-implement the recolors.

Also, for future reference, there is no reason to make AAX files of Colors songs (besides the DS-exclusive songs.) Sonic Colors uses AAX files. In fact, the game land title screen music heard in my latest video was a .wav I made out of the official AAX. (I have all of the resources from Colors, BTW. Songs, sounds, textures, models, etc.)

To answer your other question, and assuming you're trying to change the sound that plays whenever you get a 1-up, you won't find it within the game's songs. It's a sound effect, so it should be within one of the game's .csb files instead. And I don't mean the ones with the same names as the .cpk files containing songs.

Me too. How did you get the models on the title screen and transition to the White Space Zone?

Kinda hard to explain. I can assume the title screen can't handle models that lack Sonic's materials and/or Sonic's bone structure. I made sure that these models retain both, so it seems that the game doesn't crash.

As for the transition, also hard to explain. When either Sonic jumps down and begins the stomping animation, they are still using the 3D model for about a second. Then the game switches to a set of textures.

I recorded a video of the whole transition, then took screenshots of the 4 frames (as in video frames) shown before the textures are swapped in. I then created new textures based on the screenshots.

Kinda hard to explain. I can assume the title screen can't handle models that lack Sonic's materials and/or Sonic's bone structure. I made sure that these models retain both, so it seems that the game doesn't crash.

As for the transition, also hard to explain. When either Sonic jumps down and begins the stomping animation, they are still using the 3D model for about a second. Then the game switches to a set of textures.

I recorded a video of the whole transition, then took screenshots of the 4 frames (as in video frames) shown before the textures are swapped in. I then created new textures based on the screenshots.

Huh. Interesting! So, say importing Shadow on the title screen wouldn't work? (Not like I would anyway, too much effort and I'm busy.) Also, about the Colo(u)rs music thing: We can take the .aax right out of their .cpk and rename 'em and plop 'em in? That's awesome. I'd love Game Land's music in the game! Plus, new ones can be made for Green Hill Zone or City Escape because aren't they just 8-bit remixes?

Thanks for the answers!

Oh, okay! Didn't actually know that Colours also used .aax files, so I'll hunt those down myself later. And rats to the other thing; I imagine digging around in the huge SFX library of the game is going to be even more daunting, plus the fact that no tools have been provided within these modding threads for playing around with that specific filetype, so I guess I'll just deal with the usual sound.

Huh. Interesting! So, say importing Shadow on the title screen wouldn't work? (Not like I would anyway, too much effort and I'm busy.) Also, about the Colo(u)rs music thing: We can take the .aax right out of their .cpk and rename 'em and plop 'em in? That's awesome. I'd love Game Land's music in the game! Plus, new ones can be made for Green Hill Zone or City Escape because aren't they just 8-bit remixes?

1. Sonic Colors has 1 CPK that has all of its files (besides the cutscenes, which are in a separate folder of the ISO.)

2. I've already gotten a few of the Sonic Colors AAX songs to play in-game, such as Terminal Velocity and the Final boss theme.

3. Keep in mind that I have all of the files from Sonic Colors, and I know how most of them work.

4. I was actually planning on making 8-bit remixes of the Generations songs. I just have to learn how to make remixes first. And I have to find a Sega Master System soundfont (The Game Land songs are based on the Sega Master System's sound processor.)

Anyways, I think that's enough questions for me to answer within a single day. (Nothing against any of you. I just tend to go crazy if I'm getting overwhelmed with questions... D=)

ok, so I have 2 things, first off, fleet update, now includes egg carrier '06(thanks to melpontro, and to bandicootG for putting it into object for me), proably won't have much ships than it has now, unless I can get some GUN ships as its already pretty huge really, the only other thing is a illusionary ships, and isolated island(angel island) in the background, and this will already be bigger than the original, not only does it have more swordfish carriers, but it also has multiple tracks from the second egg carrier

eggfleetupdate.jpg

and silver shadow(it took me quite a while to get the battle working with him in it, oddly enough, it also changed his text entry textures as well, so thats a bonus, as I had to change his textures in BSD.AR.00, BSD.AR.01, shadow.ar, and EVshadow.ar, and that took quite a while to find all of) and I do wish I knew how to put this all in a spoiler

2012-06-07_00012.jpg2012-06-07_00023.jpg2012-06-07_00014.jpg2012-06-07_00011.jpg

For the past few days I've been learning the ways of SGLvl and how to import custom levels into Generations. Today, I am proud to show you the fruits of my labor.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my latest project, REGGINATOR GENERATIONS.

I plan to replace every stage with this in the future.

Download

/latee3joke

• Thumbs Up 3

New Update:

http://forums.sonicr...ndpost&p=691747

Local/World Translation, Previewing Boxes, Snapping to Paths, and plenty of other tweaks to help usability. Making layouts should be much easier now.

Oh man Dario, love the knot display. Also to answer whoever asked before, the White Space files are called 'pam000.ar' and 'pam001.ar'. They're in bb2.

Thanks, thats helpful, I was after them, I plan a major overhaul for them in my knuckle's Chaotix mod.

Also, thegameexplorer, having any luck with those conversions?

and thanks for the sonic GLVL update, now if only I could get this model I am doing as a favor ingame....

since I know how now I will do future pic groups in a spoiler

Completely undermining JoeTE's comment, the jingle is in SNG19_JNG.cpk

I know that because I have been porting SA2 Music and stuff to Generations.

Thanks, thats helpful, I was after them, I plan a major overhaul for them in my knuckle's Chaotix mod.

Also, thegameexplorer, having any luck with those conversions?

and thanks for the sonic GLVL update, now if only I could get this model I am doing as a favor ingame....

since I know how now I will do future pic groups in a spoiler

I kinda was busy for a few days, I'll come up with a DL soon.

thanks, you can pop it in that message I sent you, and I am willing to toy with combining mad space and metoer herd myself as well, so if yyou want to include a max scene, and or .3ds file I would be grateful

and thanks,, a LOT, I owe ya one

Completely undermining JoeTE's comment, the jingle is in SNG19_JNG.cpk

I know that because I have been porting SA2 Music and stuff to Generations.

If you mean the file in it that's named "EMBB075_1up_wav", then that's the same one I mentioned before: it's not the actual 1-Up jingle,

that people assumed was going to be the 1-Up jingle for Modern back when the first demo came out, and ended up never being used. It was the very first thing I tried changing, before converting it to find out what it actually was.

I think originally with that paticular sfx that it was going to be used as SA1's 1up theme (since I think thats how it was named in the Dreamcast track files) but was replaced. Somehow it allways ends up in every other game (SA2 it was the congrats theme, SADX it was mission complete theme, etc.) but everybody remembers it as that. I guess that they were going to use it for a 1up sfx but again dropped it.

• Thumbs Up 1

smile.png Hello! smile.png

I am new here, and I make mods, I need help(no an assistant) for a project: if you can, could you answer my questions?

Question 1:

How to remove the voice of sonic (a little as classic, while keeping the song of the effects)

Question 2:

How to add "elements" on sonic? (A little as protections or other things in this type(chap).)

Question 3:

How to modify the aspect of the nose of Sonic?

Question 4:

How to modify models?

Question 5

How to modify / to create a level?

And, finally, a last question, without report(relationship) with my project (or then a little):

How to make quite rings " Lightdashable "?

Thanks to you!

( I specify that my questions concern modern sonic)

To JoeTe and Dario FF : you make incredible things! happy.png

Edited by Mecha 2.0

Can someone give me a detailed tutorial on how to use cpkredir if i want to use several mods at once?

Can someone give me a detailed tutorial on how to use cpkredir if i want to use several mods at once?

There is a help file that comes with cpkredir. You should check that. It's named "cpkredir.txt". It's detailed enough to understand how to use multiple mods.

Edited by sayi50

There is a help file that comes with cpkredir. You should check that. It's named "cpkredir.txt". It's detailed enough to understand how to use multiple mods.

I tried what is said but it didnt work :(

Basically after extracting the contents of cpkredir.rar into your Generations directory. Just put your cpkredir compatable rom folder into mods folder. After that open up modsDB.ini

1) increase the number of "ActiveModCount" according to amount of the mods you're gonna add.

2) At the [Main] section add an ActiveMod to identify the mod you're gonna use

[Main]

ActiveModCount=2

ActiveMod0="Default Camera Position"

ActiveMod1="Wave Ocean"

ReverseLoadOrder=True
3) Go to the [Mods] section and use the given ActiveMod name to identify the path for the "mod.ini" file in your newly added mod folder

[Mods]

Default Camera Position="Def_Cam\mod.ini"

Wave Ocean="Wave_Ocean\mod.ini"

in the end, your modsDB.ini file should look like this

[Main]

ActiveModCount=2

ActiveMod0="Default Camera Position"

ActiveMod1="Wave Ocean"

ReverseLoadOrder=True

[Mods]

Default Camera Position="Def_Cam\mod.ini"

Wave Ocean="Wave_Ocean\mod.ini"

Be careful though, some mods just don't like each other and sometimes the order they are loaded matter too so if something goes wrong, change the order of the mods.

I have no idea how to use older mods or create your own mod.ini for a mod so I can't help you there. I should look into it though.

Edit: To disable the mods just add ";" before the line their respective ActiveMod line. In ini files ; means comment so you basically comment out the initiation.

Edited by sayi50