Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

We might want to wait before trying to rip SA2 levels because seperating geometry from collision and vice versa is very tidious work, it could take HOURS!. I hope Main Memory adds seperate export for collision soon...

The game explorer, look at the tut again, it said how to export each one seperately

New Update:

http://forums.sonicr...ndpost&p=691747

Local/World Translation, Previewing Boxes, Snapping to Paths, and plenty of other tweaks to help usability. Making layouts should be much easier now.

Sweet. This update managed to fix the other problem I was having with model imports (aka getting crashes or a jumbled mess when importing models over certain NPC's.)

SuperSilverWIP.png

Though, now there is a major error with one of his materials and a few weight errors I have to deal with. Thankfully, the weight errors are barely noticeable (and the noticeable ones weren't hard to fix.)

The material error is definitely problematic though (See the lights on his hands + anklebands + wristbands? You can see a few errors in the wrist/ankle band light transparency. The hand lights weren't showing ANY transparency correctly, so I had to edit the lights into Silver's hand textures to make them look decent.) I can assume that any other materials using opacity textures will have similar problems...

Otherwise, everything looks perfect. =D

ok so TheGameExplorer, go to 2:27 on the tut, what you do is have only the invisible geometry visible THEN you delete it, then export it for the stage only model, do the same with visible to get the collision

and JoeTE try copying the settings from the original material

*snip*

The color problem is likely related to vertex coloring. Since we don't have a way yet to make Max export out vertex coloring and read it back from the exports there's likely to be inconsistencies in that regard(Sonic used for example some light vertex coloring, as in [.9, .9, .9, .9]).

How to make quite rings " Lightdashable "?

Depends, feel like changing every single ring in the stage to a lightdash ring?

No,not manually, just change the value of a normal ring to a lightdashable one.

(Is That possible ?)

If not, I'll take any solutions.

Edited by Mecha 2.0

No,not manually, just change the value of a normal ring to a lightdashable one.

(Is That possible ?)

If not, I'll take any solutions.

I don't think its possible. I think every ring in the stage has a separate value, but I might be corrected on that.

Well, if it's not, is there an other way ?

And, there is no answer for my questions ? Isn't That possible ?

Edited by Mecha 2.0

The game explorer, look at the tut again, it said how to export each one seperately

I've watched it very carefully, but it is more work then you think especially since you have to do it twice and it's even worse with stages like City Escape since large stages have TONS of objects.

BTW I've found a bug in Sonic GLvl

When I clear the geometry, import a scene it works just fine.

But I found out that it was to small. So I cleared the geometry again, and imported the scene. And it just crashes.

Basically after extracting the contents of cpkredir.rar into your Generations directory. Just put your cpkredir compatable rom folder into mods folder. After that open up modsDB.ini

1) increase the number of "ActiveModCount" according to amount of the mods you're gonna add.

2) At the [Main] section add an ActiveMod to identify the mod you're gonna use

[Main]

ActiveModCount=2

ActiveMod0="Default Camera Position"

ActiveMod1="Wave Ocean"

ReverseLoadOrder=True
3) Go to the [Mods] section and use the given ActiveMod name to identify the path for the "mod.ini" file in your newly added mod folder

[Mods]

Default Camera Position="Def_Cam\mod.ini"

Wave Ocean="Wave_Ocean\mod.ini"

in the end, your modsDB.ini file should look like this

[Main]

ActiveModCount=2

ActiveMod0="Default Camera Position"

ActiveMod1="Wave Ocean"

ReverseLoadOrder=True

[Mods]

Default Camera Position="Def_Cam\mod.ini"

Wave Ocean="Wave_Ocean\mod.ini"

Be careful though, some mods just don't like each other and sometimes the order they are loaded matter too so if something goes wrong, change the order of the mods.

I have no idea how to use older mods or create your own mod.ini for a mod so I can't help you there. I should look into it though.

Edit: To disable the mods just add ";" before the line their respective ActiveMod line. In ini files ; means comment so you basically comment out the initiation.

It doesnt work :(

well thanks for putting the time and effort into it thegameexplorer, this is a great aid to me, but if you arent up to it, I can do it

and you did get the list of levels I would like right?

(abd deleting every thing in view is tough? is it because you have to select everything seperately?)

oh, and on a final note, I was wondering, could you possibly get all of shadow's levels converted for me too? they are low priotity though

oh, and please check the message I sent you on here(it is the envelope on the top right), and if you arent up to putting them through sonicglvl I will take em in .3ds format, or max scene(depends on which version you have), and again, thanks

Nope.

Uh, you can make all rings have the light dash properties with ease in SonicGLvl. It's one of the easiest things to do, actually.

First, select any ring.

Second, select all of the same type. (under the edit menu)

fxv1hu.jpg

Third, set IsLightSpeedDashTarget to true.

11t1rwz.jpg

And then, you just save and there you have it!

It doesnt work sad.png

Well, that's how I use mine so I can't help you since I don't know why it doesn't work with you. I guess you'll have to wait until someone else posts a solution.

When I repack terrain geometry in SonicGLvl 0.5.4, It does nothing. The meter goes and stuff, but in the folder that I told it to use there is nothing.

EDIT: I followed the tutorial a couple pages back. (minus the SA2 level) Then when I repacked the the terrain geometry and set a custom directory, It didn't use the directory I specified, but according to my extracted bb files they were changed instead.

EDIT2: I tried it again, but the first time I didn't use the "..." button to choose the directory. If I use that it works.

Edited by SuperRiderTH

I should award you guys the "Best Bug Reporters Ever" trophy.

Add some info in what you were doing... or even post the log. Anything helps more than "it doesn't work".

EDIT: Read your edit. Why not just leave it on the default path it gives you then? I don't see why you need to change it. tongue.png

Edited by Dario ff
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uh, you can make all rings have the light dash properties with ease in SonicGLvl. It's one of the easiest things to do, actually.

First, select any ring.

fxv1hu.jpg

11t1rwz.jpg

First, select any ring.

fxv1hu.jpg

11t1rwz.jpg

Ah, I thought someone would call me out on that.

I wasn't sure myself.

Well, that's pretty cool, but what is SonicGLVL and How I use it ?

Lol?.....

The problem is with the SA2 stages is that you have to delete EVERY FUCKING SINGLE OBJECT!!! MANUALLY!!!!

I've searched for a solution to split them in Max until around 3 AM.

God, THERE IS NO FUCKING PATTERN IN IT!

I'm going to try again...

BTW Does someone know how I can merge Sonic Colors stages without making my pc lag? Because seriously, the stages are fucking big.

Well, that's pretty cool, but what is SonicGLVL and How I use it ?

Sorry for sounding like an ass but... Google it, would be a lot more quicker instead of asking and waiting a response here. Or you can simply go 20 pages back and start reading there, something that I tend to do a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

excuse me but, I have a dae. model of modern metal sonic but There is no way to convert it into a .model file? he also is rigged and ready.