Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

I'm using 3DS Max 2009 32 bit on Windows 7 and 2 problems occur randomly:

1: Max just instantly closes without any notification.

2: The Max script window shows up and I get an unknown system exception error window which repeats a few times and after that nothing happens.

This happens when importing Sonic's model, while it works on Super Sonic just fine. I find that very weirdhelplq.png

Edited by thegameexplorer

Woo!

"Long time no see!"

So, I've been gone from Generations hacking for a while.

Before this, I reread 20+ pages of Stage mods and Model imports, soooo... I decide to have a crack at it.. The results = sad.png

Warning: I may sounds stupid here. XD

So, let's start with stages. So, I attempted (the key word here is attempted) to try and port a stage from Mario Kart into Generations, and board through it (Neat idea, isn't it).

I did the object placement and the geometry:

sanic3.png

But the collision went downhill, not matter what I try, Shadow/Sonic will just fall through the level. sad.png

I used the correct settings and 3DS Max 2011 (with Havok 2010.20 (or something)).

Onto another failure, the model imports...

sanic2.png

No, this is not the Free Riders model, this is an edited Generations model I made using parts from Sonic Rider's Sonic model.

Tried porting it in-game... Well...

sanic.png

The results speaks for itself.

This is without the custom animations, should I've made custom animations? I figured I wouldn't need it since this is just an edit of Generations' model.

An update on Shadow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk000u25LBg&feature=youtu.be

New Rank animations, I tried to avoid animations that "erratically hops from one to? another" so instead I chose to simply make Shadow step from his result look pose and to a pose. Have I improve? That's up to you to decide.

:3

Edited by BoomBoomFP
  • Thumbs Up 4

I love how people use my Double Dash tracks!

For the model, I suggest using JoeTE's tutorial on the previous page.

Edited by thegameexplorer

ok so update, here is a pair of WIP pics of my mecha-knuckles(archie)[still needs tons of texture work, and I might redo the torso, and part of the arms and legs that I havent done yet] he is going to be one of the allies in knuckle's chaotix mod, for the first group of levels, I am going for a retro/archie feel, I have a slightly modified plan for the first boss, though I will state who it is later, and I was considering adding for fun as an enemy swatbots, so here are the pics

metalknuxwip1.jpgmetalknuxwip2.jpg

this is what happens when knux turns into a robot to fight an evil roboticized sonic, he and mecha sonic accidently got pulled into the inbetween zone by metal sonic who thought they were both allies

also, I am thinking of modifiing vector into his original appearance from knuckles chaotix. also, once I have mighty, I will make a loading screen background, that if I can I might try turning into the opening page

Edited by Mandobardanjusik
  • Thumbs Up 2

ok so update, here is a pair of WIP pics of my mecha-knuckles(archie)[still needs tons of texture work, and I might redo the torso, and part of the arms and legs that I havent done yet] he is going to be one of the allies in knuckle's chaotix mod, for the first group of levels, I am going for a retro/archie feel, I have a slightly modified plan for the first boss, though I will state who it is later, and I was considering adding for fun as an enemy swatbots, so here are the pics

metalknuxwip1.jpgmetalknuxwip2.jpg

this is what happens when knux turns into a robot to fight an evil roboticized sonic, he and mecha sonic accidently got pulled into the inbetween zone by metal sonic who thought they were both allies

also, I am thinking of modifiing vector into his original appearance from knuckles chaotix. also, once I have mighty, I will make a loading screen background, that if I can I might try turning into the opening page

How Did you do That?

What is your modding logiciel ?

Oh,and for the voices,they aren't removables or changeables ?

Edited by Mecha 2.0

For the model, I suggest using JoeTE's tutorial on the previous page.

My tutorial is about speeding up the rigging process, not how to actually make an imported model work correctly. There are quite a few other things I haven't talked about yet...

Onto another failure, the model imports...

sanic2.png

No, this is not the Free Riders model, this is an edited Generations model I made using parts from Sonic Rider's Sonic model.

Tried porting it in-game... Well...

sanic.png

The results speaks for itself.

This is without the custom animations, should I've made custom animations? I figured I wouldn't need it since this is just an edit of Generations' model.

You could try sending that model to me. I've done a few successful imports of models based on Sonic's Generations model (both the Classic and Modern ones), so I can probably fix that up and make it work.

Because we post too fast and people don't like reading 3 pages of questions.

• Thumbs Up 2

^ Ha!

Speaking of which, what's going on with Bridge Zone? Would love to see the progress on that!

Because we post too fast and people don't like reading 3 pages of questions.

Everybody is shoving their projects in our faces.

It's like I said people, finish one project before working on another.

For instance; Mandobardanjusik, weren't you working on a Silver Sonic mod?

And iiazurenovaii, work on ONE STAGE AT A TIME, you're overloading yourself with different maps.

Speaking of which, what's going on with Bridge Zone? Would love to see the progress on that!

Exactly. We haven't heard anything on that. Most likely because it was forgotten over newer projects.

And 2000 messages. Yay. Who will claim it?

Okay, back on topic.

Edited by The True BlackHawk

well, silver sonic was a pet project, not a main project, I am currently working on a main mod, thats what you have been seeing, silver sonic is not my focus

there is also a reason I go by the title 'maveric modeler' I take advantage of when I have motiviation to make progress to what I am up to

Edited by Mandobardanjusik
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was hoping to get post 2000, but post 2001 is nice too. XD

Oh,and for the voices,they aren't removables or changeables ?

Besides having your post looked over, I can assume not many people here even know how to change the game's sounds. I'm one of the few who knows how to change sounds, but I'm not very good at teaching others how it all works...

Sonic's voice clips are changeable. I don't remember which file his voice clips are stored in, but I do know that they are stored within .csb files, which are found within specific ar.00 files.

To give an example of what you need to do, you'd need to unpack the .csb files using a program called CSB Unpacker (the same one used in music modding.) You then have to make new .aax files of the sound effects (and they MUST have the same samplerate. I'm probably the ONLY person here who knows how to see which samplerate any aax files use.) Then you can use CSB Unpacker to re-pack the edited AAX files into a new CSB, then place the csb back into the ar.00 file...

That's only a basic rundown of what needs to be done. Going over the exact details, skills, and tools needed would take forever...

EDIT: For the past few hours, I'd been having a few issues with the whole Alpha-Translucent mesh support in the new SonicGlvl. After messing around with EasyOgreExporter (I'd been using OgreMax) and some texture compression types, I managed to get the translucency to finally work on this model (Heck, using EasyOgreExporter fixed the minor rigging issues this model had whenever I used OgreMax)

2012061600001p.jpg

However, there's now a new problem... Various parts of him are now way too shiny... Keep in mind that I'm using the exact same .material files from the original Silver model... It's as if the non-diffuse maps are aren't as subtle looking as they are in the original model...

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 4

nice, I am still having the issue of having the model I export as a mesh, then to model, crashing whenever it loads ingame

[media=]

Dude seriously stop cock teasing us with these videos. blackhawk showed us you have started 3+ projects already, why don't you just slow down and just work on 1 so maybe sometime by the end of this year we can see a stage release from you.

• Thumbs Up 7

Suddenly I feel like a cop.

well, silver sonic was a pet project, not a main project, I am currently working on a main mod, thats what you have been seeing, silver sonic is not my focus

there is also a reason I go by the title 'maveric modeler' I take advantage of when I have motiviation to make progress to what I am up to

Has someone thought of trying to replicate or extract the Generations Engine to use as SonicGDK or is that some sort of felony?

I was going to suggest that, but we would need to add a lot of things. Extra Animations, Grind Rails, Enemies, etc. I don't it would be a felony, as it would basically be a fangame, and as long as we don't sell it, we should be fine. Personally, I would love to it if I knew uScript. Using the Unreal Editor isn't that hard. It's a lot better than using Sonic Blitz. If you're willing to take a shot at it. Then I can give you something.

I was going to suggest that, but we would need to add a lot of things. Extra Animations, Grind Rails, Enemies, etc. I don't it would be a felony, as it would basically be a fangame, and as long as we don't sell it, we should be fine. Personally, I would love to it if I knew uScript. Using the Unreal Editor isn't that hard. It's a lot better than using Sonic Blitz. If you're willing to take a shot at it. Then I can give you something.

I was just pointing out the idea, I'm not intent on doing it since I don't even have know how to do such a thing...

I just thought it could be nice and a good addiction/substitute to Blitz & GDK.

I was hoping to get post 2000, but post 2001 is nice too. XD

Besides having your post looked over, I can assume not many people here even know how to change the game's sounds. I'm one of the few who knows how to change sounds, but I'm not very good at teaching others how it all works...

Sonic's voice clips are changeable. I don't remember which file his voice clips are stored in, but I do know that they are stored within .csb files, which are found within specific ar.00 files.

To give an example of what you need to do, you'd need to unpack the .csb files using a program called CSB Unpacker (the same one used in music modding.) You then have to make new .aax files of the sound effects (and they MUST have the same samplerate. I'm probably the ONLY person here who knows how to see which samplerate any aax files use.) Then you can use CSB Unpacker to re-pack the edited AAX files into a new CSB, then place the csb back into the ar.00 file...

That's only a basic rundown of what needs to be done. Going over the exact details, skills, and tools needed would take forever...

EDIT: For the past few hours, I'd been having a few issues with the whole Alpha-Translucent mesh support in the new SonicGlvl. After messing around with EasyOgreExporter (I'd been using OgreMax) and some texture compression types, I managed to get the translucency to finally work on this model (Heck, using EasyOgreExporter fixed the minor rigging issues this model had whenever I used OgreMax)

[image removed]

However, there's now a new problem... Various parts of him are now way too shiny... Keep in mind that I'm using the exact same .material files from the original Silver model... It's as if the non-diffuse maps are aren't as subtle looking as they are in the original model...

You're not the only one, I use audacity to view to original frequency, and after that I set the project's frequency according to that. Mostly 44100 or 48000.

I believe voices were 48000 but I forgot.

You're not the only one, I use audacity to view to original frequency, and after that I set the project's frequency according to that. Mostly 44100 or 48000.

I believe voices were 48000 but I forgot.

I haven't tried it yet, but with the right tools you should be able to change the sample rates at will. tongue.png

csbclxh7.png

(Screenshot of a work in progress UTF/CPK/CSB editor I started.)

Edited by Korama

Dude seriously stop cock teasing us with these videos. blackhawk showed us you have started 3+ projects already, why don't you just slow down and just work on 1 so maybe sometime by the end of this year we can see a stage release from you.

He's posting videos of work that other people are doing, isn't he? Green Forest and Metal Harbor are being seperatly done by two seperate people, while Mission Street and Windy Valley are the only actual ones done by one person and are being worked on at different times.

Looking forward to that CSB editor! Would love to be able to play around with the SFX... and finally change that 1UP jingle.