Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

Thaks,but,when I lunch the program, I can't place any object from the toolbox,is that normal ?

I've searched,but I don't find answer...

Of course, I've loaded chemical plant,but I can interact just With the placed objects.

It's #cpz200.ar.00 the good file ?

And I don't see any floor.

Except the objects, There is just a White lign.

May I do a screenshot ?

Edited by Mecha 2.0

You need to select something from the category menu and press Create Object... I thought that was intuitive enough.

Also Terrain should've loaded up if you answered yes in both Prompts when loading it.

He's posting videos of work that other people are doing, isn't he? Green Forest and Metal Harbor are being seperatly done by two seperate people, while Mission Street and Windy Valley are the only actual ones done by one person and are being worked on at different times.

They're from different people?

You need to select something from the category menu and press Create Object... I thought that was intuitive enough.

Also Terrain should've loaded up if you answered yes in both Prompts when loading it.

When I say yes to both, it makes me many text box.

And,the box menus feels like cuted,I'll do a screenshot.

Jesus christ, your English est horrible!

He's probably using Vista, which results in having tons and TONS of errors.

So i've repacked the CSB and there is no sound at all. What have I done wrong? They are all the correct sample rate.

Jesus christ, your English est horrible!

He's probably using Vista, which results in having tons and TONS of errors.

So i've repacked the CSB and there is no sound at all. What have I done wrong? They are all the correct sample rate.

Hey, I'm not a english,so I CAN't Write very well, or I speak in French.

Anyway,I'm not on vista,I'm on windows seven.

So,I'll do a Screenshot later.

Edited by Mecha 2.0

You're probably missing the Expand CAB utilities, I can't really help with that since it should already come with Windows 7. You should clear your cache folder in the editor after you get them. (For the sake of testing, open a command line and type expand, see if it gives you a working program or a file missing error).

And the menues error is due to using a custom style on your OS with different font size. I'm not sure how to force a different style by default on the program, so you'll probably have to go back to the regular text size.

Edited by Dario ff

He's posting videos of work that other people are doing, isn't he? Green Forest and Metal Harbor are being seperatly done by two seperate people, while Mission Street and Windy Valley are the only actual ones done by one person and are being worked on at different times.

If that is the case, this he should be telling us its from different people that way we wouldn't be chewing him out. I'm doing the same thing over at Retro but I'm at least telling people that its from suchandsuch instead of just posting a video.

well, also, Ray TFS's mesh is done, it just needs rigging, but doing that will do me no good, if I cant export correctly, I have ogremax, and sonicglvl, and havok(which I dont think I actualy need right now, as I am just replacing the mesh, not the animations). I have a model that I completely rigged, and I converted, however when I try loading it ingame it crashes when it trys to load the model, so would anyone mind telling me any special ssettings that are needed, and what files I actualy need to alter/replace/add in the AR to replace the model, and add the materials and textures? if so then, I will be able to finish one thing quickly, and then ray the squirrell is an easy finish.

As I always say, the only causes for crashing are either missing bones or missing materials. Keep in mind you HAVE to add the unused bones to the skin modifier, yes, that includes the root bone, the reference bone, etc. They're all neeeded.

My tutorial is about speeding up the rigging process, not how to actually make an imported model work correctly. There are quite a few other things I haven't talked about yet...

You could try sending that model to me. I've done a few successful imports of models based on Sonic's Generations model (both the Classic and Modern ones), so I can probably fix that up and make it work.

Suggestion for SonicGLVL:

Add the possibility to view collision.

That's not easy at all. I have to learn how to use the Havok SDK for that, so unless you want to increase by 40mb more the download with dependencies as well. I realise it'd be a useful feature, but your request isn't needed since it was already proposed many times... Implementing it just takes a lot of time, which is what I lack at the moment.

EDIT: Also I'm pretty sure any model glitches like that are just due to badly setups for exporting of your own. If JoeTE can do it correctly, I'm pretty sure it should work. I don't think anything broke between the latest updates regarding to that(unless he can confirm that something did).

Edited by Dario ff

You guys remember that I made the Sonic Simulator Robots show up on the title screen, right?

It seems that when replacing any model, the best bet is to make your models use the original materials, bones, and similar sub-mesh distributions as the original model (aka the one being replaced.)

To show this off, I made new models by replacing Sonic's head with Super Sonic's head, and keeping everything else the same. I assigned the original Sonic's materials to the Super-form heads, gave them similar sub-mesh distributions, and I fixed the rig and normals. The following screenshot shows just how well the models work.

2012061700012.jpg

The best part about these altered models is that they work perfectly during the actual gameplay and even in cutscenes. Heck, this new Modern "Super" Sonic model is working better over Sonic than the original Super Sonic model ever did.

2012061700018.jpg

2012061700014.jpg

P.S. - I decided to try changing Modern "Super" Sonic's boost animation. Besides some odd issues with his lower left quill (which is only acting weird whenever a custom animation is in use), the animation works perfectly.

2012061700020.jpg

EDIT: Also I'm pretty sure any model glitches like that are just due to badly setups for exporting of your own. If JoeTE can do it correctly, I'm pretty sure it should work. I don't think anything broke between the latest updates regarding to that(unless he can confirm that something did).

Besides some parts being shinier than usual (most likely due to that vertex coloring stuff you've mentioned before,) I've only had a few minor errors. However, they only happened because the actual models and .scene setups were bad. Whenever everything IS set up properly, the .mesh to .model converter works perfectly.

Edited by JoeTE

Loving your classic supersonic btw Joe.

So can we see a random cutscene of the 2 supersonics?

EDIT: Oh, an infomation update on Dude's Sonic Adventure DLC:

After all of this time, I have FINALLY gotten a water shader to not be completely opaque. Also, alphamapped grass is working now thanks to dario's update of sonicglvl:

EmeraldCoastWater.png

grassisworking.png

About the water, They're different water shaders completely. One was working the other wasn't. I will be making it less bright obviously, this was just to show that I could actually do a see-through texture and show off the coral modeling I spent forever working on.

Edited by goku262002
  • Thumbs Up 4

I don't, because bahhh green eyes! They just look wrong to me. Classic Sonic, including his super form, needs simple black eyes.

(And before someone brings it up: no, Super Sonic never had green eyes in the original 2D games. A few random pixels in some tiny sprites don't count. The bigger graphics such as endgame poses and savegame pic always show him with black eyes.)

But apart from that, great job on the models, Joe.

I understand. Now that I think about it, I can assume Sega DID want Super Sonic to have green eyes in Sonic 3. But then they decided to stick with the Black eyes, but forgot to remove the Green eyes from the sprites.

I also was beginning to think the Modern Sonic styled green eyes were somewhat odd looking on Classic Sonic (especially when not in side-scrolling modes,) so I changed them.

blackeyes1.png

blackeyes2.png

blackeyes3.png

Loving your classic supersonic btw Joe.

So can we see a random cutscene of the 2 supersonics?

I'll probably upload one tomorrow. biggrin.png

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 2

[media=]

Here's my Windy Valley Beta 2. I'm not sure if I showed Beta 1, but whatever. tongue.png I would love some feedback on this.

I got some great feedback from thegameexplorer on my Beta 1 video, but it was marked as spam for some odd reason. I had to "View all comments" to see it. Thanks for the feedback, thegameexplorer.

Download: http://www.mediafire...vol5d4tvqif51w1

Edited by Sky The Destroyer
  • Thumbs Up 6

hello I have a special news but for me

discovered how to edit the models in generations works great

I am a grateful person

thanks to

DARIO FF

BANDICOOT G

thegameexplorer

The True BlackHawk

JoeTE