Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

That actually made me port it for some reason.

EDIT: New page sucks.

Still doesn't work after using OgreMax, wtf?

I could send you the files Joe, pm ofc. Otherwise people would steal it.

Edited by thegameexplorer

Here's what I did.

- Use "Model Importer-Updated 6-07-2012.ms" on the "export_scripts" folder to import "chr_Sonic_HD.model"

- Go to the OgreMax menu and export the scene.

- Opened up SonicGLvl and converted the .mesh to a .model(p.s: I did this on another folder because I didn't want to overwrite Sonic's materials, but I wouldn't recommend doing this if you actually have new materials).

- Copied the .model to a clean copy of Sonic.ar.00, repacked.

It worked with no noticeable problems, other than the loss of RGBA vertex paint, which we will see how it can be converted from Max to Ogre later on.

Edited by Dario ff
  • Thumbs Up 1

oh and you do need to make an ARL if you ADD anyfiles, if you just replace files it doesnt matter. the ARL is like the log of files, if a material or texture exists in the file and is needed by the model that does exist on the file it will cause the game to crash

• Thumbs Up 1

To whoever was making the Pyramid Cave mod I think you'd be intrested in this: *AwesomeStuff*

I don't know if it's already affiliated with the project but if not you should definetly ask him if you can use it smile.png

You really shouldn't have changed it because one guy said BAAAWWW GREEN EYES!!. release both, black eyes for whatshisface over there and green eyes for the rest of us.

Bad idea bro, we've got a strict no fancharacter policy here. don't show it off if I were you.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still doesn't work after using OgreMax, wtf?

I could send you the files Joe, pm ofc. Otherwise people would steal it.

Edited by JoeTE

goku262002 personally liked the Modern Sonic-styled Green eyes, and was assuming I changed them solely because of what you said. I didn't. I changed them because I was starting to find the eyes to look odd on Classic Super Sonic.

I thought you already made that perfectly clear in your previous post. My previous post was an obvious reaction to goku262002's cheeky tone, so I don't know why you chose to reply. You're a modder, so it's your prerogative to change anything you want in the game, whether people like it or not. You could give SS pink eyes for all I care. I was simply stating that I didn't like it, and as you pointed out yourself, that black is the "canon" eye color.

Hyper Sonic was exclusive to Sonic 3 & Knuckles, and most people remember both forms having Green Eyes in that game. Especially since people see the sprites with the green eyes more often than they see the larger sprites with black eyes.

I'm old enough to have played S3&K on the actual hardware. You know, a Mega Drive connected via crappy RF cable to a smallish CRT. And I'll be damned if I ever noticed any green pixels in Super/Hyper Sonic's eyes back then. ;)

To whoever was making the Pyramid Cave mod I think you'd be intrested in this: [media=]

I don't know if it's already affiliated with the project but if not you should definetly ask him if you can use it smile.png

^YannickJason here. Feel free to use this for stage mods. It's esscentially what I made it for. smile.png

Edited by Yannick
  • Thumbs Up 4

I thought you already made that perfectly clear in your previous post. My previous post was an obvious reaction to goku262002's cheeky tone, so I don't know why you chose to reply. You're a modder, so it's your prerogative to change anything you want in the game, whether people like it or not. You could give SS pink eyes for all I care. I was simply stating that I didn't like it, and as you pointed out yourself, that black is the "canon" eye color.

I'm old enough to have played S3&K on the actual hardware. You know, a Mega Drive connected via crappy RF cable to a smallish CRT. And I'll be damned if I ever noticed any green pixels in Super/Hyper Sonic's eyes back then. wink.png

Well, I've always had a hard time realizing whether people truly get what I say unless they tell me straight up. Without proper context, I always assume the worst. D:

I guess seeing you bring it up after I already did the compromise confused me. That, and the post you replied to was the one that made me decide to make the compromise in the first place. Since I had already settled everything, I honestly thought you were annoyed at the post.

I still over-reacted a bit, so I'm going to go back and tone down what I said.

However, the fact that I am getting tired of the eye color debating still stands. It all started because of my mod, and I just want it all to end.

(This last part is directed towards everyone here) Seriously, please stop arguing / debating over which eye color I'm using in this mod. I want as many people as possible to be happy with it, which is why I changed his eyes to be semi-green, but mostly the (canon) black.

GUISE IF WE KEEP BITCHING ABOUT THE EYECOLOR WE'LL BECOME LIKE SONIC RETRO D:

(EDIT: I was cracking a joke at how touchy Retro is sometimes. I'm not insulting them.)

Ok guys, it's just an EYECOLOR. Discuss something worth discussing over. It's Joe's mod for pete's sake.

If it bothers you that badly; You have the TOOLS, CHANGE IT YOURSELF after Joe releases it.

Now let's discuss something else.

Edited by The True BlackHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1

For the record, I like the "Black eyes with a slightly green tint" mod best. I think it just looks nicest.

Looking at this topic always gives me a headache. Are we gonna turn this into a thing that I have to keep an eye on? 'Cause I'd rather not and if you guys would be so kind as to not get worked up over shit like this, it would be really be appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looking at this topic always gives me a headache. Are we gonna turn this into a thing that I have to keep an eye on? 'Cause I'd rather not and if you guys would be so kind as to not get worked up over shit like this, it would be really be appreciated.

I think it'll calm down by now anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Keep an "eye" on. *snicker*...

I don't give a damn about eyes though. Sonic Generations felt too short to me so I'm looking forward to all the level releases.

• Thumbs Up 5

sa2snc.png

I finally got that working (Thanks Dario, JoeTE and all others!)

Does someone know how I can remake textures to HD and make good normal maps using photoshop?

I'm going to work on Pyramid Cave now.

Edited by thegameexplorer
  • Thumbs Up 8

nice bandi

hey thegameexplorer I sent you a message can you please reply

sa2snc.png

I finally got that working (Thanks Dario, JoeTE and all others!)

Does someone know how I can remake textures to HD and make good normal maps using photoshop?

I'm going to work on Pyramid Cave now.

I now love you .

Well, to get rid of the whole eyes fiasco, and since I haven't posted in a while, I'll leave this here.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZKTZDJ1Ur0&lc=CsRJOjxmGgRrRHSy6WHFwdP19RJpUOlmEbBirBwHVfM&feature=inbox

only if you could make those the Sol emeralds.. Edited by iiazurenovaii

Well, to get rid of the whole eyes fiasco, and since I haven't posted in a while, I'll leave this here.

*video*

I still need to make a better Burning Blaze model for you. With proper materials and better bone renaming. biggrin.png

Speaking of videos of mods...

http://youtu.be/A_H2R0O1EhM

Just a preview of stuff being included in the 4th release. Shows off the Title screen, character bios, gameplay, Super Silver, altered animations, and Hyper Sonic. Plus some of my thoughts via annotations.

• Thumbs Up 6

I still need to make a better Burning Blaze model for you. With proper materials and better bone renaming. biggrin.png

Speaking of videos of mods...

http://youtu.be/A_H2R0O1EhM

Just a preview of stuff being included in the 4th release. Shows off the Title screen, character bios, gameplay, Super Silver, altered animations, and Hyper Sonic. Plus some of my thoughts via annotations.

Dat color changing boost.

Seeing all of these levels being made makes me want to give it a shot...

Except I have absolutely no idea what I am supposed to use for any of this.

2012061800001.jpg

How do you work signposts? XD

EDIT: With the new version of SonicGLvl the world exists!

2012061800002.jpg

Edited by SuperRiderTH