Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

Thanks to JoeTE I was able to get this working. It still needs some weight fixing mostly on the arms area. But other than that its perfect although its meant for people who have more "oommph" to their computer.

*spoiler'd pics*

Well now that is done back to some other stuff that I was doing.

Sweet! I'm glad you were able to get the materials and turbosmoothing to all work! It looks amazing (and better than it did in all of my tests with it. biggrin.png)

Sky Troops update:

[media=]

This stage is gonna be fuuuuun!

The only problem is the development is on the hush hush

You really shouldn't have changed it because one guy said BAAAWWW GREEN EYES!!. release both, black eyes for whatshisface over there and green eyes for the rest of us.

Thanks for generalizing my (mistaken) correction about classic Sonic having green eyes into another mindless classic fanboy complaint.

Thanks for generalizing my (mistaken) correction about classic Sonic having green eyes into another mindless classic fanboy complaint.

Oh your just more then welcome!

Now drop it, all of you, JoeTE said so.

That SA2 Sonic looks great! It'd look cool if you textured him to his colour in SA2, but that's just me.

Hoooly balls, that Sky Troops, that Windmill Isle, that Super Sonic, that SA2 Sonic, all of you guys rock! I wish I could give it a try, but my PC can't handle SG :/

That SA2 Sonic looks great! It'd look cool if you textured him to his colour in SA2, but that's just me.

I actually did that, but I forgot to replace the textures :P

I actually did that, but I forgot to replace the textures tongue.png

Haha. If you release, just remember.

Thanks to JoeTE I was able to get this working. It still needs some weight fixing mostly on the arms area. But other than that its perfect although its meant for people who have more "oommph" to their computer.

2012-06-18_00017.jpg2012-06-18_00014.jpg2012-06-18_00013.jpg2012-06-18_00012.jpg

Well now that is done back to some other stuff that I was doing.

This is looking great too! Can't wait to play this. I still have Windmill Isle act 1 installed.

sa2snc.png

I finally got that working (Thanks Dario, JoeTE and all others!)

Does someone know how I can remake textures to HD and make good normal maps using photoshop?

I'm going to work on Pyramid Cave now.

Would it be feasible to tweak his quills to make them look more like SA2 Sonic's?

chaoac02.jpgchao00.jpgchao01.jpg

Edit: Typo

Edited by Dere

....If everyone wants it to look exactly like SA2 Sonic, why not just import SA2 Sonic? Or is that impossible?

These imports are great and all, but can we maybe start making the stages like Melpontro's Sky Fortress?

• Thumbs Up 7

Sky Troops update:

*snip*

This stage is gonna be fuuuuun!

...how? Literally everything in that video is just "hold boost", and the rest of what he's shown off isn't much better...

e: I'm bored so I'll explain my problems with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgUEhzlv2UI:

0:00-0:11: Just boosting and tricking. I can't complain too hard about having a running start, though.

0:15-0:20: Rail. Boost. What gameplay?

0:27-0:35: This whole section is basically just homing attacking, with some jumping over of spikes if you don't have the prescience to see the HA chain coming.

1:09-1:11: Back to the start. If the collision detection for those platforms on the left is anything like their visible model, I would not for one second trust boosting on them to go well. The right side platforms are also basically useless; there's no situation in which that 10-ring is going to be worth the time (and I know he mentions a red ring will be above it in another video, but once you get that, that side is useless).

And the level is overall heavily automated and is comprised of narrow paths over a pit.

Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 4

Don't forget who's doing an actually good import. : P

rFbld.jpg

fIg9b.jpg

I haven't done an update video because I don't want to spoil some of the design decisions we took for the level... You might be visiting China in less than a month tho. (Retro's hacking contest deadline is on July 20th)

You really mean it? China here I come! And, are you doing Eggmanland? It would be hard and ulikely but great too!

• Thumbs Up 1

My Gosh! Adabat! Finally!

How's it going Dario? Adabat is the must beautiful level of all three Unleashed-like games.

How is the Sonic Unleashed animations porting coming along? tongue.png

And why is Sonic standing on the dragon instead of running? (I think it's related)

Edited by thegameexplorer

Adabat is one freaking laggy and broken motherfucker.

I have some ideas on how to go about fixing it tho. Some blending materials are broken, that's easy to fix. The biggest problem it has is how it manages the terrain loading/unloading. As in, it's not optimized AT ALL. It only takes one run that you start lagging so hard through the level that it's at barely 12 FPS(and it's definitely a resource management issue, because previous sections also lag if you replay the stage).

The other prominent issue you might remember is the teleporting that's needed, which is not present in Generations. My idea for a workaround is using a fake CPZ Pipe object with a defined path and a stupidly high velocity, which will take Sonic in 1 frame to the other side of the stage. I have no idea how well this will work, but it gives me some hope it can be done.

Not to mention Adabat is one of the stages with the most amount of custom objects from Unleashed. Doors(which can be recreated via ObjectPhysics I bet), crushing roofs/floors, lots of shit. It's definitely quite the marathon and a really intense stage, but it's too bugged nigh to unplayable at the moment.

Dragon Road is currently under heavy tweaking. It can already be fully played, it just needs polishing in various areas.

After you finished all That, Will you do the night stages With classic sonic as you mentioned it ?

If yes, Will you make it More like a werehog ?

Edited by Mecha 2.0

I just backtracked. tongue.png

EDIT: Ninja'd. Also the night stages are just an idea tossed out, but they're not a priority at all.

Edited by Dario ff

I may have a suggestion for Something:

A level swapper, the utility converts all the files to the newly chosen stage like ghz - sph sph - ghz

Don't forget who's doing an actually good import. : P

fIg9b.jpg

I haven't done an update video because I don't want to spoil some of the design decisions we took for the level... You might be visiting China in less than a month tho. (Retro's hacking contest deadline is on July 20th)

OH I'm going to need a new pair of clothes. That is just fucking awesome. My favorite stage of all time in Sonic Generations (through hacking) but I can't play it because I don't have the PC version nor a PC strong enough to run this game.

Melpronto's next preview:

Honestly, he should have delayed this preview. The first part looks worse than Unleahsed's Boost to Win (I don't actually think Unleashed is Boost to Win) and then we have an upper path which he hasn't programmed and then a forced quick step section (he could have thought of unique ways like for example, quick step at the end when the sky troops fall?) and then three rails which lead to nowhere for now. But still he is doing an awesome job. I don't think I can ever do that. Good job and I am just giving feedback.