CanofEpicSauce

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

Well, to get rid of the whole eyes fiasco, and since I haven't posted in a while, I'll leave this here.

*video*

I still need to make a better Burning Blaze model for you. With proper materials and better bone renaming. biggrin.png

Speaking of videos of mods...

http://youtu.be/A_H2R0O1EhM

Just a preview of stuff being included in the 4th release. Shows off the Title screen, character bios, gameplay, Super Silver, altered animations, and Hyper Sonic. Plus some of my thoughts via annotations.

I still need to make a better Burning Blaze model for you. With proper materials and better bone renaming. biggrin.png

Speaking of videos of mods...

http://youtu.be/A_H2R0O1EhM

Just a preview of stuff being included in the 4th release. Shows off the Title screen, character bios, gameplay, Super Silver, altered animations, and Hyper Sonic. Plus some of my thoughts via annotations.

Dat color changing boost.

Thanks to JoeTE I was able to get this working. It still needs some weight fixing mostly on the arms area. But other than that its perfect although its meant for people who have more "oommph" to their computer.

*spoiler'd pics*

Well now that is done back to some other stuff that I was doing.

Sweet! I'm glad you were able to get the materials and turbosmoothing to all work! It looks amazing (and better than it did in all of my tests with it. biggrin.png)

You really shouldn't have changed it because one guy said BAAAWWW GREEN EYES!!. release both, black eyes for whatshisface over there and green eyes for the rest of us.

Thanks for generalizing my (mistaken) correction about classic Sonic having green eyes into another mindless classic fanboy complaint.

Thanks for generalizing my (mistaken) correction about classic Sonic having green eyes into another mindless classic fanboy complaint.

Oh your just more then welcome!

Now drop it, all of you, JoeTE said so.

Hoooly balls, that Sky Troops, that Windmill Isle, that Super Sonic, that SA2 Sonic, all of you guys rock! I wish I could give it a try, but my PC can't handle SG :/

I actually did that, but I forgot to replace the textures tongue.png

Haha. If you release, just remember.

Thanks to JoeTE I was able to get this working. It still needs some weight fixing mostly on the arms area. But other than that its perfect although its meant for people who have more "oommph" to their computer.

2012-06-18_00017.jpg2012-06-18_00014.jpg2012-06-18_00013.jpg2012-06-18_00012.jpg

Well now that is done back to some other stuff that I was doing.

This is looking great too! Can't wait to play this. I still have Windmill Isle act 1 installed.

sa2snc.png

I finally got that working (Thanks Dario, JoeTE and all others!)

Does someone know how I can remake textures to HD and make good normal maps using photoshop?

I'm going to work on Pyramid Cave now.

Would it be feasible to tweak his quills to make them look more like SA2 Sonic's?

chaoac02.jpgchao00.jpgchao01.jpg

Edit: Typo

Edited by Dere

Sky Troops update:

*snip*

This stage is gonna be fuuuuun!

...how? Literally everything in that video is just "hold boost", and the rest of what he's shown off isn't much better...

e: I'm bored so I'll explain my problems with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgUEhzlv2UI:

0:00-0:11: Just boosting and tricking. I can't complain too hard about having a running start, though.

0:15-0:20: Rail. Boost. What gameplay?

0:27-0:35: This whole section is basically just homing attacking, with some jumping over of spikes if you don't have the prescience to see the HA chain coming.

1:09-1:11: Back to the start. If the collision detection for those platforms on the left is anything like their visible model, I would not for one second trust boosting on them to go well. The right side platforms are also basically useless; there's no situation in which that 10-ring is going to be worth the time (and I know he mentions a red ring will be above it in another video, but once you get that, that side is useless).

And the level is overall heavily automated and is comprised of narrow paths over a pit.

Edited by Diogenes

Don't forget who's doing an actually good import. : P

rFbld.jpg

fIg9b.jpg

I haven't done an update video because I don't want to spoil some of the design decisions we took for the level... You might be visiting China in less than a month tho. (Retro's hacking contest deadline is on July 20th)

You really mean it? China here I come! And, are you doing Eggmanland? It would be hard and ulikely but great too!