Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

This was about a week ago, but it looks like someone else (finally) decided to take a crack at an Amy model swap:

This was about a week ago, but it looks like someone else (finally) decided to take a crack at an Amy model swap:

Mod video

Am I only one who thinks that Amy thinks Shadow is Sonic and chasing him/trying to stop him so she can jump on him? Also:

Amy. Breakdancing. 'nuff said.

The materials kind of look really bland. Can't you use Sonic's original materials? Or is he using them and I just didn't notice it.

The materials kind of look really bland. Can't you use Sonic's original materials? Or is he using them and I just didn't notice it.

I think he is.

Sonic's fur is looking bland because his diffuse is painted in 1 color. The materials for the shoes look bland because the original model used vertex colors so I had to printscreen and paste the colors and apply them to the model.

I'm almost finished with my SA2 mod, but why are his eyes so fucking shiny? I'm planning on doing the same to Super Sonic and Shadow too so its far from completed yet.

BTW, does anyone know how I could make the homing attack afterburn like in Unleashed? I would really like that.

Edited by thegameexplorer

Sonic's fur is looking bland because his diffuse is painted in 1 color. The materials for the shoes look bland because the original model used vertex colors so I had to printscreen and paste the colors and apply them to the model.

I'm almost finished with my SA2 mod, but why are his eyes so fucking shiny? I'm planning on doing the same to Super Sonic and Shadow too so its far from completed yet.

BTW, does anyone know how I could make the homing attack afterburn like in Unleashed? I would really like that.

I saw your post, but my reply somehow messed up so it doesn't show up.

No, I'm not going to do that since it isn't really noticable.

Not noticeable, you say:

sonics.png

You can clearly see that SA2 Sonic's quills are arched downwards in comparison to Generations Modern Sonic's more straight ones. Granted, the Gens Sonic pic isn't a screenshot (as I don't have the software required to screencap the game), but he looks like that in-game.

Edited by Dere

Not noticeable, you say:

sonics.png

You can clearly see that SA2 Sonic's quills are arched downwards in comparison to Generations Modern Sonic's more straight ones. Granted, the Gens Sonic pic isn't a screenshot (as I don't have the software required to screencap the game), but he looks like that in-game.

...You're eh... The only one that cares about this, friend.

• Thumbs Up 9

Not noticeable, you say:

sonics.png

nowfuckoff.png

Happy now? Now fuck off please, and make your own mod if you don't like mine.

(I forgot the fix the legs on this one, I'm sorry for that)

Edited by thegameexplorer
  • Thumbs Up 1

...You're eh... The only one that cares about this, friend.

Are you being serious? Sonic's quills ARE supposed to be arched. His blue head with arched quills coming from behind is iconic, and depicting them straight is just wrong. Just look at Sonic Team's logo:

1096122Sonic_Team_Logo.PNG

Heck, look at Sonic X's logo:

SonicXLogoIcon1.png

This was true before and after Sonic got his Sonic Adventure redesign. Would you say "Nobody cares" if I posted a photoshopped pic of Classic Sonic that depicted his quills straight?

nowfuckoff.png

Much better, thank you.

Happy now? Now fuck off please, and make your own mod if you don't like mine.

Yessir.

Edited by Dere

Thems the breaks, sorry. You got youtube to showcase your fancharacter stuff we honestly just do not give 1 shit what so ever.

Well, thanks for putting that in a "nice" way. (-.-)

To make things clear, most of the people here know how to do more than just model swaps / recolors / minor animation edits / music hacks. And most of us don't like fan characters unless they have a decent amount of thought and originality put into their design an execution.

Mind you, I've created a few fan characters back in the old days. I used to be a sprite artist, and I'd make various fan characters. Some official-character sprite graphics I've made would go on to form the basis of many other fan characters, a few fan-forms of official characters (such as Fire Sonic from Super Mario Bros. Z.) and being mistaken for official graphics and used as an achievement icon in an officially licensed XBLA port of an unrelated Sonic game... (Man, I never get tired of bringing that up.)

I've also used some non-official design choices on some of my models. I've even made a fan-form of an official character in the form of a recolor and used it in place of a boss. Even then, I still put some effort into making them look good, and I treated them like I should. They were just aesthetic choices, and a silly parody in that boss recolor's case.

Trust me, I know how you feel. Just know that not everyone likes fan characters, and that most of the people frequenting this thread don't like them very much.

P.S. - I see you've also been making/using mods for Super Smash Bros Brawl. I've been a Brawl modder for quite some time. I've even released a few of my mods on Brawl Vault.

Also, I'm probably the only one here who knows that your avatar is a recolor of Spex130's Human Sonic model import.

Thanks, now I feel better about it.

Also, your right, my avatar is a recolor Spex130's Human Sonic model import.

Btw, do you know how to (im)port models into SADX?

Botched SA2 Model

I think a Generations Ring probably has a higher poly count than that.

Edited by Dario ff

I thought I was the only person in the planet that didn't like Sonic's quills since the unleashed redesign...

well that's my take on Sonic's model:

2lmw0h0.png

Made him taller, put the quills down and fixed the rather derpy facial expression...

thats it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice for you, now go complain how bad the redesign is at other forums but not here. I'm done with this discussion.

• Thumbs Up 3

Nice for you, now go complain how bad the redesign is at other forums but not here. I'm done with this discussion.

What, he can't display his work and explain the reasons behind his changes to Sonic's model here?

What, he can't display his work and explain the reasons behind his changes to Sonic's model here?

No, he's saying to stop bugging him about sonic's quills, The most unimportant topic in a modding topic EVER!

• Thumbs Up 9

I still can't get over how laughably bad this is! (I think it's intentionally wonky) XD

I thought I was the only person in the planet that didn't like Sonic's quills since the unleashed redesign...

well that's my take on Sonic's model:

2lmw0h0.png

Made him taller, put the quills down and fixed the rather derpy facial expression...

thats it.

The quills look quite nice, actually. Someone on Tumblr has a young daughter who looked at this model and asked "Daddy, who's the handsome monster?" Haha!

Yeah, I thought this was the 'Generations Modding' topic, not the 'Complain over petty details about Sonic's perfectly fine Unleashed+ design' topic. Unleashed+ Sonic is best Sonic, anyway.

Looking forward to the Sonic with SA2 accessories mod, and especially Modern Sky Troops! Loving how it seems to be gearing up towards something awesome as you draw nearer to the Black Arms fleet, can't wait to see what they have in store for later in it and the Classic one. Hopefully there's going to be more Black Arms activity in Modern's and more Eggman activity in Classic's as a sort of clever look at Modern and Classic's different mentalities of the situation.

• Thumbs Up 3

No, he's saying to stop bugging him about sonic's quills, The most unimportant topic in a modding topic EVER!

Discussing about Classic Super Sonic's eye color or Sonic's fur color = acceptable

Discussing about Sonic's quills (something that's actually related to the model's shape rather than just colors) = a no-no

Nice logic there.

Besides Anti Alias wasn't even talking to thegameexplorer, and I only mentioned the quills because thegameexplorer was trying to make Sonic look like his SA2 version. And no, I wasn't trying to bug him, I only gave a suggestion. I'm sorry if that makes you people butthurt.

[media=]

I still can't get over how laughably bad this is! (I think it's intentionally wonky) XD

The quills look quite nice, actually. Someone on Tumblr has a young daughter who looked at this model and asked "Daddy, who's the handsome monster?" Haha!

Both that video and the girl's comment are hilarious! laugh.png

Yeah, I thought this was the 'Generations Modding' topic, not the 'Complain over petty details about Sonic's perfectly fine Unleashed+ design' topic.

Totally, the shape of Sonic's quills is unimportant and discussing about it is petty. It's not like they're one of his main and most distinctive features.

Edited by Dere

Excuse me, I have a mesh for shadow the hedgehog for SA2. everytime I export it into a .model file, it crashes SGlvl...

Discussing about Sonic's fur color = acceptable

Discussing about Sonic's quills (something that's actually related to the model's shape rather than just colors) = an annoyance to 1 or two people, but otherwise acceptable

Discussing about Classic Super Sonic's eye color (something that only affects 1 mod and doesn't matter otherwise) = ignoring the fact that the mod maker (who started the discussion), a moderator, a few respectable posters told everyone to stop bringing it up because the issue at hand has already ended

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 4