Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

I thought I was the only person in the planet that didn't like Sonic's quills since the unleashed redesign...

well that's my take on Sonic's model:

*That Elongated Picture*

Made him taller, put the quills down and fixed the rather derpy facial expression...

thats it.

Edited by Twi
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think I'll release Pyramid Cave and SA2 Sonic at the same time. Takes some time to fix up Pyramid Cave, but because I have holiday now, I have plenty of time for it.

I dislike when Sonic's quills are angled down when he is standing it just seems like down syndrome to me.
  • Thumbs Up 9

Excuse me, I have a mesh for shadow the hedgehog for SA2. everytime I export it into a .model file, it crashes SGlvl...

I thank you for using my model, it's most likely a problem with your exported scene. Be sure to have a skin modifier applied to the mesh which has all the bones added to it. Rigging isn't needed for importing, so I think that's the problem.

ok, well looks like some interesting stuff has been going on, hopefully I will have more to add soon, though no concentrated effort till I reach califorina this weekend, and I am currently working on a favor. also I do have plans to make some custom levels, however that wont be for a while yet, though if I can get around to fixing some flipped meshes on the eggfleet, I can steal some of the pieces from the swordfish for various misc stuff like it was in the original, and I have another level or 2 I plan to make from scratch along with some ports

Yeah I'm changing the subject here, Really guys I think bitching about quills is even worse then the whole eye thing.

Anyways, I asked this before but got ignored. Is there anyway to bring back the rank voices? I ask because I remember that Unleashed had rank voices but Colors and Generations didn't. I figure that since this game is built off Unleashed that it may be possible to code it back in using the 360 code or something (I don't know just talking out of my ass here).

Anyone tried yet?

Edited by goku262002

also bandi, still have some work to do, something is causing a crash on the little thing I am doing for you

P.S. - Your idea about Classic fighting Badniks and Modern fighting Black arms is one of the best ideas I've seen in awhile.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah I'm changing the subject here, Really guys I think bitching about quills is even worse then the whole eye thing.

Anyways, I asked this before but got ignored. Is there anyway to bring back the rank voices? I ask because I remember that Unleashed had rank voices but Colors and Generations didn't. I figure that since this game is built off Unleashed that it may be possible to code it back in using the 360 code or something (I don't know just talking out of my ass here).

Anyone tried yet?

I also have this question too. Why is it continually ignored? I rather hear an answer to this then some update on a low quality port

If a question goes unanswered it's probably because nobody knows the answer...

Edited by Dario ff
  • Thumbs Up 3

Are you being serious? Sonic's quills ARE supposed to be arched. His blue head with arched quills coming from behind is iconic, and depicting them straight is just wrong.

Edited by The True BlackHawk

So I'm still trying to figure out the 'how do quill' thing with my animation. I just made it flow instead of blazing wildly while on the rocket. Should it be wild and crazy or more like the force of it is pushing it back and the tips move of his quills? I'm not too sure. Thats just a little nitpick I have with it.

2012-06-20_00008.jpg2012-06-20_00006.jpg

1-1.png

2-1.png

Edit: I'm used to things being symmetrical, but it feels like this should be wild and free like wind blowing. I guess I'll change it.

...what the fuck does that even mean?

Means that those quills in the old games SA and SA2 are weird looking to me. Big woop.

Edited by Twi

Sonic looks like he's planning something else o.0

BTW I've found a way to fix the backfacing problem for now, because SALVL gives every polygon set with the same texture a seperate material, you'll end up with tons of them. What you can do is just make a copy of the geometry and make them overlap (easiest in wireframe mode) and flip the normals of the copy.

Well, it has no bones and I don't know what you mean by skin modifier

• Thumbs Up 3

If only Sonic didn't control like ass in 3D gameplay at low speed. That's why I'd rather play the original game..

Good job anyway).

Edited by ArtFenix
  • Thumbs Up 3

If you don't know shit about max, how are you even trying this?

I do but, I never rigged anything, just animated...

Wow shut the fuck up.

If I see anymore stupid arguing you can expect some strikes to be handed out. By the way this discussion about Sonic's quills is retarded and you should all feel bad for bringing it here.

• Thumbs Up 2

I am the only one who doesn't know what a "quills" is? English isn't my born language and I can't find a proper translation for quills, because it translates to "spikes", and I can't believe you guys are really complaining about Sonic's spikes =J

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 5

I am the only one who doesn't know what a "quills" is? English isn't my born language and I can't find a translation for quills =J

Sonic's spikes. His hair.

Drake.

What does that have to do with anything?

And SSMB doesn't allow one word posts unless they have relevance...or it's incredibly funny.

Edited by Enigmatus

Skipping the one word posts, that windy valley mod looks like. A very good remake of the stage. To bad it's only like part 1 of the stage and not the rest.

Since I don't have a PC for modding with right now, I'll just throw out some ideas from time to time. :3

How about Grand Metropolis from Sonic Heroes?