Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

porting from sonic heroes is extremely difficult so it would have to be custom, and that would be quite tricky

least as far as my understanding goes

Edited by Mandobardanjusik

It's hard to rip the terrain from Sonic Heroes. I think you'd have to use a 3D Ripper, like 3D Via Printscreen or 3DRipper. However, those rip at weird angles, or they'll become flat. The best thin that could be done is figure out how different Sonic Heroes's DFF format is different from GTA SA, VC, or 3's. They see if someone can make a convertor. I'm surprised no one has. Or, you could rip the levels from Blitz Sonic.

Edited by Azu

good news bandi, got it ingame, look at my steam screenshots, still have some stuff and bugs to work out

It's hard to rip the terrain from Sonic Heroes. I think you'd have to use a 3D Ripper, like 3D Via Printscreen or 3DRipper. However, those rip at weird angles, or they'll become flat. The best thin that could be done is figure out how different Sonic Heroes's DFF format is different from GTA SA, VC, or 3's. They see if someone can make a convertor. I'm surprised no one has. Or, you could rip the levels from Blitz Sonic.

Uhh dude, 3D ripper dx has an fov function in the importer for 3ds max that allows you to fix that. You could always try 3dviaprintscreen.

Well i saw this guys video not paying attention to the textures but when his Character goes Super, Is that a custom animation to resemble that of Sonic 06 Super?

Edited by iiazurenovaii

Uhh dude, 3D ripper dx has an fov function in the importer for 3ds max that allows you to fix that. You could always try 3dviaprintscreen.

I never knew. Although, from what I hear. 3D Ripper DX doesn't work in Win7, at least not the 64bit. Or was it games what's not in DX9. Well, Sonic Heroes is in DX9. I'll have to try it. 3dviaprintscreen rips flat as well. At least it did when I tried to rip Sonic 4 from Dolphin.

I never knew. Although, from what I hear. 3D Ripper DX doesn't work in Win7, at least not the 64bit. Or was it games what's not in DX9. Well, Sonic Heroes is in DX9. I'll have to try it. 3dviaprintscreen rips flat as well. At least it did when I tried to rip Sonic 4 from Dolphin.

Sonic 4 rips flat on every 3d ripper because how it's rendered (except with gameassassin). 3D ripper works only with games that use direct x 6 to direct x 9 and it doesn't work on any 64 bit system.

Not related to Generations entirely but I think we have found the lost theme song!

ITS RELEASED!

• Thumbs Up 5

Sonic 4 rips flat on every 3d ripper because how it's rendered (except with gameassassin). 3D ripper works only with games that use direct x 6 to direct x 9 and it doesn't work on any 64 bit system.

Well, that blows, I have Win7x64. Guess I could give 3dviaprintscreen one more go..

Edited by Azu

Not related to Generations entirely but I think we have found the lost theme song!

[media=]

ITS RELEASED!

I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT IT'S NOT WORKING

• Thumbs Up 1

I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN BUT IT'S NOT WORKING

Go to iTunes and enter in the stuff and all... then when downloading, you throw the money or credit cards. :D

We really need more voice mods. Like in cutscenes.

By the way what ever happened to that Silver mod? With the flying, current voice, and new hacking methods, I think he'd look pretty badass.

it would work in some, but not all, due to some vids being premade, while some are rendered ingame

The audio for each cutscene is 'prerendered' as well, so changing it would involve having to pull apart the single audio file for a cutscene (music -and- voice files together) and rebuilding the whole thing. Know this for a fact, since my computer can barely run the game as it is and the audio completely desyncs for every cutscene, never waiting for a character to start talking or anything.

Besides, what could you possibly replace the cutscene voices with?

The audio for each cutscene is 'prerendered' as well, so changing it would involve having to pull apart the single audio file for a cutscene (music -and- voice files together) and rebuilding the whole thing. Know this for a fact, since my computer can barely run the game as it is and the audio completely desyncs for every cutscene, never waiting for a character to start talking or anything.

Besides, what could you possibly replace the cutscene voices with?

I 'unno. Was just thinking of the possibility.

Someone could rebuild the whole game's story.

Edited by The True BlackHawk

thats kinda what I am doing with knuckle's chaotix, as it takes a similar but different story path(its a custom mod story, but canon levels and characters), though I was thinking I might just have to render new prerendered cutscenes, or use storyboards

Probably a bit debateable about what there is to expand on, mind. Though, it would be great if it was possible to add more cutscenes into the game at whatever points we wanted, as long as they were at least animated and just lacked audio! An experiment for the idea could be recreating the cutscenes from Generations 3DS where Classic learns the Homing Attack and Modern gets lighter shoes for the Stomp, and making them trigger when you get the Homing Attack and Power Stomp skills.

Probably a bit debateable about what there is to expand on, mind. Though, it would be great if it was possible to add more cutscenes into the game at whatever points we wanted, as long as they were at least animated and just lacked audio! An experiment for the idea could be recreating the cutscenes from Generations 3DS where Classic learns the Homing Attack and Modern gets lighter shoes for the Stomp, and making them trigger when you get the Homing Attack and Power Stomp skills.

Lighter shoes...?

Alright, me and Bandicoot need some help, we've been trying to put Sonic Youth in the game, but the result is a higher pitched, "squeaky version". The problem may be with the Hz, but Bandicoot really has more details then I do.

Joe, if you could be able to help, I can send the file or add you on Steam to stream it over.

I was actually doing that too, it's not very hard to get it working. Some songs use 48000hz some use 44100. Songs that have 44100hz have a 44k tag on them. In audacity, set the project rate in the bottom left corner to the needed sample and export and it should work.

Tracks that don't have a tag on them can also be replaced but you'll need to extract the wav file out of them to see which sample they use.

And god I suck at looping songs :(

Edited by thegameexplorer

I was actually doing that too, it's not very hard to get it working. Some songs use 48000hz some use 44100. Songs that have 44100hz have a 44k tag on them. In audacity, set the project rate in the bottom left corner to the needed sample and export and it should work.

Tracks that don't have a tag on them can also be replaced but you'll need to extract the wav file out of them to see which sample they use.

And god I suck at looping songs sad.png

I'm not much better.

I'll inform Bandicoot of this... Cus' I really need to catch some Zs... Yeah...

Thanks anyway.

Alright, me and Bandicoot need some help, we've been trying to put Sonic Youth in the game, but the result is a higher pitched, "squeaky version". The problem may be with the Hz, but Bandicoot really has more details then I do.

Joe, if you could be able to help, I can send the file or add you on Steam to stream it over.

I'll probably make my own AAX of it later. Of course, I'll be making sure it loops in some form without having to cut out a whole bunch of the song. I don't suck at looping songs. XD

The Samplerate (aka hz) DOES matter, as thegameexplorer said.

I've mentioned that quite often. At least for me, it helps that I have the vgmstream plugin for winamp. It lets me listen to AAX files (and I can check the samplerates and loop points by viewing the file info.)

Quick note: All songs without a 44 tag or 48 tag have a 48000hz samplerate.

P.S. - Add20M_WIMO_44LP_wav.aax has a 48000hz samplerate despite being labeled as 44100hz.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4ecq1lnr66b2ce7

There it is!. This zip includes two different loops. One variant removes everything after the 2min/45sec mark and some clever copy/pasting to make a good sounding loop. The other just plays the whole song, then the beginning part starts up again about a second before the silence at the end (Similar to the looped version of Endlesss Possibilities within Sonic Unleashed's AAX set.)

To prevent annoying samplerate decisions / errors, I made 48000hz and 44100hz versions of both loop variants. Have fun!

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 4

Well, I recently made changes to my Xblue Sonic, now instead of him being a recolour of Sonic, he's now kinda... a 'collection' of Sonic.xbluenewsonic.png

Accessories included:

-Soap Shoes.

-One of SA2 upgrade.

-Riders' glasses

-Black Knight's glove(or amour thing).

To JoeTE:

I sent you this model to have a look at, see if you can port it in-game (since you offered last time). (sent it via PM(youtube))(since you don't go on steam much).

:3

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, I recently made changes to my Xblue Sonic, now instead of him being a recolour of Sonic, he's now kinda... a 'collection' of Sonic.*pic*

Accessories included:

-Soap Shoes.

-One of SA2 upgrade.

-Riders' glasses

-Black Knight's glove(or amour thing).

To JoeTE:

I sent you this model to have a look at, see if you can port it in-game (since you offered last time). (sent it via PM(youtube))(since you don't go on steam much).

:3

I took a look. There are too many things wrong with the Armored Glove part. However, I'm sure I could handle rigging the rest of the parts.

P.S. - Speaking of 3D model ideas, here's a screenshot of something I've been messing with for the last 2 days...

ModernMetalSonicModelWIP4.png

I'm pretty sure you all can tell what this is supposed to be...

I just need to find a way to rig him to Sonic's boneset in a way that looks good (I already have a rig going for it. Everything looks good and works fine except for his shoulders, arms, and hands...)

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 7

I'll probably make my own AAX of it later. Of course, I'll be making sure it loops in some form without having to cut out a whole bunch of the song. I don't suck at looping songs. XD

The Samplerate (aka hz) DOES matter, as thegameexplorer said.

I've mentioned that quite often. At least for me, it helps that I have the vgmstream plugin for winamp. It lets me listen to AAX files (and I can check the samplerates and loop points by viewing the file info.)

Quick note: All songs without a 44 tag or 48 tag have a 48000hz samplerate.

P.S. - Add20M_WIMO_44LP_wav.aax has a 48000hz samplerate despite being labeled as 44100hz.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire...4ecq1lnr66b2ce7

There it is!. This zip includes two different loops. One variant removes everything after the 2min/45sec mark and some clever copy/pasting to make a good sounding loop. The other just plays the whole song, then the beginning part starts up again about a second before the silence at the end (Similar to the looped version of Endlesss Possibilities within Sonic Unleashed's AAX set.)

To prevent annoying samplerate decisions / errors, I made 48000hz and 44100hz versions of both loop variants. Have fun!