Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

I took a look. There are too many things wrong with the Armored Glove part. However, I'm sure I could handle rigging the rest of the parts.

P.S. - Speaking of 3D model ideas, here's a screenshot of something I've been messing with for the last 2 days...

ModernMetalSonicModelWIP4.png

I'm pretty sure you all can tell what this is supposed to be...

I just need to find a way to rig him to Sonic's boneset in a way that looks good (I already have a rig going for it. Everything looks good and works fine except for his shoulders, arms, and hands...)

Well, I recently made changes to my Xblue Sonic, now instead of him being a recolour of Sonic, he's now kinda... a 'collection' of Sonic.xbluenewsonic.png

:3

Edited by thegameexplorer

New update to Dude's adventure mod:

[media=]

Wow he's really putting a lot of effort into it, I really am hoping to see this finished.

Also, I am about to get a new pc and I really want to have generations run on it, anyone can tell me the requirements for it please?

[media=]

Hm, that's a pretty awesome mod, overall, but... eh, I just don't like Sonic's running animation there. It doesn't look right on him.

• Thumbs Up 1

*Insert amazing Emerald Coast mod video here*

Man, that's some pretty sweet level design! The perfect use of splines (especially when Sonic got to the lighthouse) remind me of the spline use in Sonic Colors (I LOVED Sonic Colors, and splines were used quite amazingly in that game.) I chuckled when I saw the giant Chopper taking the place of the killer whale. I even liked the use of the Emerald Coast Act 1 music from Sonic Generations 3DS.

It's definitely one of the most impressive mods I've seen in awhile, which is perfect for Sonic's 21st Birthday!

P.S. - I've also got a mod release prepared for today, seeing how it's Sonic's 21st Birthday and all! You all will be seeing it in about 20 minutes.

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hm, that's a pretty awesome mod, overall, but... eh, I just don't like Sonic's running animation there. It doesn't look right on him.

The running animation looks fine from the side, but from behind it looks really weird.

Alright guys. To celebrate Sonic's 21st Birthday and scramble some Eggmen (Super Sonic style), here's an updated release for my Super Sonic Generations modset!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4P_Htd8FT4

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?x782ak3sv742bpq

Yes. That is Sonic Youth playing during the boss battle. And man, it's timed perfectly with my speed-run gameplay of the boss!

Overall Change Log:

Modern Super Sonic has a better looking model via model importing.

Modern Super Sonic has a new boosting animation. His non-boost running animations remain unchanged from the last versions.

Modern Super Sonic has an altered spin-jump / homing attack animation. His quills curl up in the same way they do in Sonic's non-super forms.

Classic Super Sonic has a better looking / non-recolor model via model importing.

Both Hyper Sonics have White fur (which changs tint every second.)

Both Hyper Sonics have everything besides the fur stay in their original colors at all times.

Modern Hyper Sonic has a semi-unique boost effect with changing colors.

Both Hyper Sonics retain these changes in the Time Eater boss battle.

Both Classic Super Sonic and Classic Hyper Sonic have new eye textures. They are Black with a minor green tint.

Both Super Sonics appear on the title screen. This includes the stomping animation part.

Both Super Sonics appear in the Character Biographies.

Both Super Sonics appear in most cutscenes.

Super Silver is now a Model Import with properly positioned quills and proper light colors.

More minor HUD changes. The life icon has been changed back to its original design.

Edited by JoeTE
  • Thumbs Up 5

Alright guys. To celebrate Sonic's 21st Birthday and scramble some Eggmen (Super Sonic style), here's an updated release for my Super Sonic Generations modset!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4P_Htd8FT4

http://www.mediafire...x782ak3sv742bpq

Yes. That is Sonic Youth playing during the boss battle. And man, it's timed perfectly with my speed-run gameplay of the boss!

Overall Change Log:

Modern Super Sonic has a better looking model via model importing.

Modern Super Sonic has a new boosting animation. His non-boost running animations remain unchanged from the last versions.

Modern Super Sonic has an altered spin-jump / homing attack animation. His quills curl up in the same way they do in Sonic's non-super forms.

Classic Super Sonic has a better looking / non-recolor model via model importing.

Both Hyper Sonics have White fur (which changs tint every second.)

Both Hyper Sonics have everything besides the fur stay in their original colors at all times.

Modern Hyper Sonic has a semi-unique boost effect with changing colors.

Both Hyper Sonics retain these changes in the Time Eater boss battle.

Both Classic Super Sonic and Classic Hyper Sonic have new eye textures. They are Black with a minor green tint.

Both Super Sonics appear on the title screen. This includes the stomping animation part.

Both Super Sonics appear in the Character Biographies.

Both Super Sonics appear in most cutscenes.

Super Silver is now a Model Import with properly positioned quills and proper light colors.

More minor HUD changes. The life icon has been changed back to its original design.

You need to fix the link. It's broken.

Should look like this.

Also, would it be possible to just have Hyper Sonic?

Edited by Azu

Wow he's really putting a lot of effort into it, I really am hoping to see this finished.

Also, I am about to get a new pc and I really want to have generations run on it, anyone can tell me the requirements for it please?

Minimum Requirements;

Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP

Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 (2×2.0GHz) or AMD equivalent

2GB RAM (Windows 7/XP)/3GB RAM (Windows Vista)

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 2900

11 GB free hard drive space

Recommended Requirements;

Microsoft Windows 7

Intel Core i5 @ 2.66 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 @ 3.0 GHz 3GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / ATI Radeon HD 5850

11 GB free hard drive space

Double the sexy in one day? This calls for a party.

Edited by The True BlackHawk

You need to fix the link. It's broken.

Should look like this.

Also, would it be possible to just have Hyper Sonic?

Fixed the link in my post.

If you want just Hyper Sonic, you're going to need to do the following:

1. Use the Sonic Generations Archive Editor program to extract the files from my mod's Sonic.ar.00, SonicClassic.ar.00, and SonicSp.ar.00. You're going to need to know how to use it. If you don't have it, you can find it at http://info.sonicret..._Archive_Editor

2. Open an un-altered copy of Sonic.ar.00, and replace the following files with the ones from my mod's Sonic.ar.00:

chr_SuperSonic_HD.model

super_sonic_gm_body.material

super_sonic_gm_head.material

chr_supersonic_body01_dif_HD.dds

chr_supersonic_body01_fal_HD.dds

chr_supersonic_body01_spc_HD.dds

chr_supersonic_eye_dif_HD.dds

chr_SuperSonic_spin_dif_HD.dds

chr_SuperSonic_spin_fal_HD.dds

chr_SuperSonic_spin_red_HD.dds

chr_SuperSonic_spin_spc_HD.dds

3. After replacing those files, save it as a new ar.00 file. You do not need to make a new .arl file.

4. Open an un-altered copy of SonicClassic.ar.00, and replace the following files with the ones from my mod's SonicClassic.ar.00:

chr_classic_SuperSonic_HD.model

CSSfur.material

chr_classic_SuperSonic_skin_dif_HD.dds

chr_classic_SuperSonic_skin_fal_HD.dds

chr_classic_SuperSonic_skin_spc_HD.dds

chr_classic_SupersSonic_spin_dif_HD.dds

chr_classic_SupersSonic_spin_fal_HD.dds

chr_classic_SupersSonic_spin_ref_HD.dds

chr_classic_SupersSonic_spin_spc_HD.dds

5. NOTE: Classic Hyper Sonic will have Black eyes since he uses the same eye texture as the normal form.

6. After replacing those files, save it as a new ar.00 file. You do not need to make a new .arl file.

7. Open an un-altered copy of SonicSp.ar.00, and replace the following files with the ones from my mod's SonicSp.ar.00:

chr_SuperSonic_HD.model

super_sonic_gm_body.material

super_sonic_gm_head.material

chr_supersonic_body01_dif_HD.dds

chr_supersonic_body01_fal_HD.dds

chr_supersonic_body01_spc_HD.dds

chr_supersonic_eye_dif_HD.dds

chr_classic_SuperSonic_skin_dif_HD.dds

chr_classic_SuperSonic_skin_fal_HD.dds

chr_classic_SuperSonic_skin_spc_HD.dds

8. NOTE: Classic Hyper Sonic will have Black eyes since he uses the same eye texture as the normal form.

9. After replacing those files, save it as a new ar.00 file. You do not need to make a new .arl file.

10. Name the three new .ar.00 files to the proper names, place them into same spots they were in within my mod's folder, and delete all of the other files. Now Hyper Sonic will replace the Super form, while everything else stays the same as the original game.

Not totally related to Sonic Generations but I have been infected by a virus :(

The Parite virus in particular, which infects every exe in your whole fucking system!

So there might be some slight delay since I have to backup my stuff and reinstall Windows :(

Nothing will be lost though, just abit of delay.

So I imported Sonic's model in 3dsmax, then exported it, put it in Generations. Doesn't look very good....

2012062300001q.jpg

2012062300002t.jpg

I feel like I did something wrong here...

• Thumbs Up 1

Generating GIA for the Unleashed PC hub. THIS WOULD GO A LOT FASTER AND BE HIGHER QUALITY IF YOU WOULD DONATE. The only reason I'm going to be done with this one in under a day is because the model is REALLY tiny.

xpoAc.png

Not totally related to Sonic Generations but I have been infected by a virus sad.png

The Parite virus in particular, which infects every exe in your whole fucking system!

So there might be some slight delay since I have to backup my stuff and reinstall Windows sad.png

Nothing will be lost though, just abit of delay.

How did you get infected by a Parite Virus?

If you use Norton I'll punch you.

But in all seriousness, use Avast Free Antivirus and Spybot Search & Destroy as scanners and defense and NOTHING will touch you.

To JoeTE:

Your mod is amazing! But...

There are two questions that I settle, and I wondered if you could answer it:

Why did you return to the original HUD ? (Except the boost jauge.)

For next release (If there is one) why don't you add super Tails, super Knuckles and super Amy ?

How did you get infected by a Parite Virus?

If you use Norton I'll punch you.

But in all seriousness, use Avast Free Antivirus and Spybot Search & Destroy as scanners and defense and NOTHING will touch you.

Better punch me for NOT using an antivirus....

If you never get a virus you'll get too confident and this crap happens....

The reason also is that virus scanners kill performance in everything,

Edited by thegameexplorer

Better punch me for NOT using an antivirus....

If you never get a virus you'll get too confident and this crap happens....

The reason also is that virus scanners kill performance in everything,

*PUNCH*

Satisfying.

Anyway, Avast and Spybot don't detract a lot of performance, Avast only uses ~850 kB to ~2.500kB. Spybot uses more but is usually off, since its main purpose is scanning, Avast has MORE then enough shields.

To be precise...

FileSystem Shields

Network Shields

Behavior Shields

Script Shields

IM Shields

P2P Shields

Mail Shields

And Web Shields

It also updates its libraries automaticly and is able to do Quick, Full or Media scans.

It also automaticly checks any files you open and will inform you if it finds it suspicious.

You can also set it to work as your primary shield or secondary if you have another virusscanner that's not Spybot.

tl;dr Get Avast and Spybot. It's free.

To JoeTE:

Your mod is amazing! But...

There are two questions that I settle, and I wondered if you could answer it:

Why did you return to the original HUD ? (Except the boost jauge.)

For next release (If there is one) why don't you add super Tails, super Knuckles and super Amy ?

*Hyper Tails and Hyper Knuckles

Amy doesn't have a super or hyper form.

Edited by The True BlackHawk

The higher quality textures make it look more official.

Why thank you, but I'm not that happy with some of my textures, particularily the grass, so I'm hoping that the next video will use my newer textures.

...Oh yeah, I'm one of the two texture-guys on Dude's SA mod.

So I imported Sonic's model in 3dsmax, then exported it, put it in Generations. Doesn't look very good....

*insert 2 pics here*

I feel like I did something wrong here...