Awoo.

The Official Sonic Generations Mods Topic

CanofEpicSauce

What Super Form will you give Metal Sonic?

I mean, he's never had one. Although I could see Neo Metal or something working.

I mean, he's never had one. Although I could see Neo Metal or something working.

He has a "super" form in Chaotix.

GLVL "Invalid instance info file" Can't open any map... extremely annoying....any ideas?

I was planning on basing his Super form off of a combination of Mecha Sonic's Master-Emerald induced transformation from Sonic & Knuckles, and Metal Sonic Kai (the final boss of Knuckles Chaotix.) Both of those are the closest thing to a Super form that Classic Metal Sonic has ever had.

Of course, if Modern Metal Sonic was in the game, I'd definitely use Neo Metal Sonic as his super form.

He has a "super" form in Chaotix.

Which I've brought up a few times before as the palette inspiration for my "Hyper Metal Sonic" parody recolor.

Edited by JoeTE

GLVL "Invalid instance info file" Can't open any map... extremely annoying....any ideas?

Edited by thegameexplorer

I was planning on basing his Super form off of a combination of Mecha Sonic's Master-Emerald induced transformation from Sonic & Knuckles, and Metal Sonic Kai (the final boss of Knuckles Chaotix.) Both of those are the closest thing to a Super form that Classic Metal Sonic has ever had.

Of course, if Modern Metal Sonic was in the game, I'd definitely use Neo Metal Sonic as his super form.

Which I've brought up a few times before as the palette inspiration for my "Hyper Metal Sonic" parody recolor.

Oh, yeah, that's right. I forgot about Kai. Sounds like a good idea.

By the way, did you ever release the Sonic Simulator mod with the alternate colors available?

AND WHEN AM I GOING TO BE VALIDATED ON RETRO FOR GOD SAKES!

Heh, I'm validated on Retro. Haven't posted there much, though, so I'm still a trial member.

AND WHEN AM I GOING TO BE VALIDATED ON RETRO FOR GOD SAKES!

Quite a few people in the Pending Approval got their full memberships last night. That includes me.

So I'll post some updates for my mods in the Retro thread every now and then.

Oh, yeah, that's right. I forgot about Kai. Sounds like a good idea.

By the way, did you ever release the Sonic Simulator mod with the alternate colors available?

I haven't released a version of the Sonic Simulator mod with alternate colors yet. I'll probably get that finished sometime before July.

Anyway, here's what that Super form idea looks like:

This is mostly based off the color scheme of Metal Sonic Kai. The gray parts could stand to be a little more blue in tint, and I plan to edit the shoulders and shoes so that they use the same material as his head/body/arms/legs. You can also see I already got the text done too.

2012-06-24_00002.jpg

My overall plans for the 5th release of Super Sonic Generations is to fix a few glitches, add in this Super Metal Sonic, and add Super forms for Tails and Knuckles. Plus a few other tweaks to the animations and HUD.

very nice JoeTE, I do hope fo have some progress of my own to show too, now that I finally have some modding time, and metal sonic KAI is on my todo list, though allis take first priotity in the knuckle's Chaotix mod(say I may come to you for some help when I need super/hyper(both of his transformations are called hyper, but there is only one dif) knux, and on the other main character when I decide which I will do

*PUNCH*

Satisfying.

Anyway, Avast and Spybot don't detract a lot of performance, Avast only uses ~850 kB to ~2.500kB. Spybot uses more but is usually off, since its main purpose is scanning, Avast has MORE then enough shields.

To be precise...

FileSystem Shields

Network Shields

Behavior Shields

Script Shields

IM Shields

P2P Shields

Mail Shields

And Web Shields

It also updates its libraries automaticly and is able to do Quick, Full or Media scans.

It also automaticly checks any files you open and will inform you if it finds it suspicious.

You can also set it to work as your primary shield or secondary if you have another virusscanner that's not Spybot.

tl;dr Get Avast and Spybot. It's free.

*Hyper Tails and Hyper Knuckles

Amy doesn't have a super or hyper form.

Avast isn't free. They have a free version, which honestly sucks. I had it and it didn't catch a thing. I installed Microsoft Security Essentials and it caught every virus Avast didn't.

It only has some bad normals and seams which can be fixed, but alas I'm a bit busy right now to do it. And the lighting's gotta be tweaked a bit. We're actually planning on doing another kind of HUB, this is just a thing for the little Demo that we're cooking up for you can guess what next month.

EDIT: Chimera modeled it/ripped it initially, I just did some several rearrangements on it.

Nice! can't wait for the Dragon Road demo.

• Thumbs Up 9

In an attempt to activate the unused Spikes/Rocket skills that are listed in the skills file, I went and found out how to edit skills in the sonic.sav file. I couldn't figure out how to give ownership so to say of a specific skill, meaning trying to view a skill set with something you don't have will get rid of it, but you're free to use them as long as you don't try to customize and then save a skill set.

Sadly I couldn't find any values that gave any-time Wisps, but I found out pretty much every other skill, meaning I can do things such as give Modern Sonic a Thunder Shield(with an attraction radius of almost nothing) or Power Sneakers(Which seem to only work in 2D?) as skills. (no, Boardmaster doesn't work for Modern Sonic, it just freezes.) Skill sets start at offset A124 for Classic Sonic and A1B4 for Modern Sonic, four bytes per skill. For example, 04000000 is Power Break. FFFFFFFF is no skill.

00=???

01=???

02=???

03=???

04=Power Break

05=Sure Footed

06=Safety Net

07=Last Chance

08=???

09=10 Second Rings

0A=Athletic

0B=Time Brake

0C=Super Sonic

0D=Fire Shield

0E=Aqua Shield

0F=Thunder Shield

10=Twin-Spin Attack

11=Invincible Start

12=Shield

13=Power Sneakers

14=Long Spin Dash

15=Treasure Scanner

16=Homing Attack

17=Hercules Strength

18=Breath Holder

19=Boardmaster

1A=Ring Time

1B=Blast Off

1C=Speed Up

1D=Direct Jump

1E=Power Stomp

1F=Quick Slide

20=Acceleration

21=Smasher Bonus

22=Boost Gauge Up

23=???

24=Serial Homing

25=Auto-Gauge

26=Gauge Rebooter

27=Trick Mastery

28=Endless Boost

29=???

Nothing beyond this does anything either.

Oh my gosh never imagined they'd go to SUCH lengths! Music too! (I was sort of just expecting them to use the hub world music from Unleashed too).

Why no Cool Edge though? Did I miss some memo about that stage not being included?

Avast isn't free. They have a free version, which honestly sucks. I had it and it didn't catch a thing. I installed Microsoft Security Essentials and it caught every virus Avast didn't.

Then you're likely doin' it wrong.

I haven't had a virus since I installed it and that was 2009.

Oh my gosh never imagined they'd go to SUCH lengths! Music too! (I was sort of just expecting them to use the hub world music from Unleashed too).

Why no Cool Edge though? Did I miss some memo about that stage not being included?

Theres some problems with that stage that keeps it from being worked on. when DarioFF shows up around here again you can ask him about it.

This hub is just for the hacking contest thats coming up next month. there planning a whole new kind of hub!

Where are they going to get the Ice Stage pieces? and the ice physics?

Hey I have a question:

I'm not into modding things myself, but I was just wondering, is it possible to add more levels to the game, or only replace the existing levels?

Nice! can't wait for the Dragon Road demo.

Falk bustin out those awesome White World mixes <3

Hey I have a question:

I'm not into modding things myself, but I was just wondering, is it possible to add more levels to the game, or only replace the existing levels?

At the moment, it's only possible to edit existing levels. But I'm sure someone will find a way to create new levels in time.

*COUGHDARIOFFCOUGH*

EDIT: God, it's so quiet here.

Edited by The True BlackHawk
  • Thumbs Up 1

Where are they going to get the Ice Stage pieces? and the ice physics?

I don't know if Unleashed used triggers or something. But the #Sonic file has an ice physics section, though it's never used.