Awoo.

Sonic Glitcherations: Post any bugs you find here!

ハリネズミ

Up until today I hadn't really experienced any serious glitches, then I found a big one. If you use Time Break in Speed Highway before grabbing onto a helicopter or a rocket you can freeze the game! You are actually forced to turn off your console. (This was on the 360 version I have yet to confirm if this is 360 exclusive yet).

So, anyone else found any weird bugs? (Besides Charmy Bee). biggrin.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone has an account on the Sega forums I would really appreciate it if they could forward this thread to Aaron Webber so he can inform the development team of some issues they could rectify in another patch release. The glitches don't seem to occur too often which is good, Generations is still the best Sonic game in years! ^_^

Edited by ハリネズミ

I videotaped a weird glitch in Sky Sanctuary Act 1 where the ground disappears and at the result screen Classic Sonic is floating with the Death Egg right behind him.

The beginning of Modern Chemical Plant seems to be rather glitchy at times. I've had the camera go spastic, and one time I even fell through the floor. Doesn't happen often, at least.

Not really a glitch, but a nasty oversight in Classic Rooftop Run. If you use Ring Time when you enter the underground area, you can destroy the Egg Fighter than pushes a barrel at you. Because the barrel wont start rolling, the floor wont break and you're trapped.

I've boosted into walls and floors in both Chemical Plant and Planet wisp, forcing a reset. In Crisis City act 2 I've either fallen through one of the platforms you have to stomp on or managed to slip between the wall and the platform. Also sometimes right before the first big loop I can't do a homing attack.

In Planet Wisp act 2 after using the rocket to get the red ring that activates nets an achievement, I rocket out of the room and air boost to the left. I then go through the pole I have to bounce off of to get higher, even if I manage to stop on the platform right before it and jump on it normally. I can bounce off of it after I miss it though.

Classic Speed Highway seems very glitchy for me because it'll occasionally change perspectives when it's not supposed to, I once had ponts in the level play out through a 3rd person view.

Also I once got stuck in a big platform in Classic Planet Wisp while using the Spike wisp. I couldn't get out.

I've had the camera in Classic City Escape screw up and show Sonic from the other side. Basically, the camera was in the background pointing at the foreground.

I've also had this glitch in Modern Chemical Plant where after restarting, the game thought I was still in water. Sonic was sluggish and the sound was still muffled.

I noticed a really bad glitch with Cream in her City Escape mission where she just becomes incredibly spastastic and glitches around the player.

So I don't own Generations yet so I want to know, is it a total glitchfest? Like do the glitches come up constantly or are they few and far between?

The glitches are far and between, there are a few design oversights involving the skills that are optionally equipable but the game is in no way a glitch fest. I can say quite certainly, having played every stage and mission several times, I barely experience any glitches. However, that's not to say I haven't experienced none.

One time while playing Seaside Hill Classic, at the part with the rock chasing you, I got hit while going up a slope and suddenly Classic Sonic's angle of 2D plane was off... Like, he was turned the wrong way and the 2D Plane registered that I could only go forward and back a small bit before hitting invisible walls I couldn't bypass. I somehow broke out of it after 20 or so seconds, but it was weird. Besides that I can't think of anything major to report, except when my brother played I did observe him going through the floor once in, again, Classic Seaside Hill. I think a big part of this is since Classic Seaside Hill is so twisty-turvey but still providing a 2D plane, so when it comes to the parts where the camera adjusts and the 2D plane shifts angles, an occasional glitch can occur, as he fell through the floor as the 2D plane position was changing (so he didn't actually fall through the floor but flung off the platform before it registered the 2D plane was shifting position).

This is one I came across last night, was playing through Green Hills Act 2 and such, then i come to a part where the floor is gone, but there's still some blades of grass O.o couldn't go back after that, only forwards.

Won't let me upload picture

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Only glitch I've experienced was while I was playing Classic Speed Highway - somehow, I switched into a camera where I was looking at Classic Sonic from a 3D perspective, but looking towards his face, and whenever I pushed forward, it just took me to a screen with just the background and no level so to speak, whenever I pushed the back button, I returned to the 3D perspective and couldn't get out of this loop until I restarted the level

I glitched through Chemical Plant Act 2 by accidentally jumping off the water slide at the end, then skydiving through walls and getting stuck.

I also had graphical problems with Sky Sanctuary Act 2 and sometimes music jolting yesterday, but it's been perfectly fine today.

Somehow, 3D in 2D and 2D in 3D managed to catch up to the final release. *facepalm*

TBS, Green Hill Act 2--going all BOOST BOOST BOOST near the Waterfall Trick Pad will cause an invisible 2D wall to come out, unless you go back. Probably like Tweaking in Pokemon.

Edited by Madame Amano

Been trying to improve my time on Espio's VS mission, and I somehow ended up stuck in the wall after boosting to the first room. I was able to run all the was around to the third room before becoming completely stuck. :/

Here's a big bug I ran into several times in Greenhill Zone.

Giant_Motobug.png

:P

Honestly I haven't had many problems other then homing attack fail.

• Thumbs Up 8

If you some how accidentally rocket your way onto a spring, Sonic will remain in wisp fom and play as he normally did, but you won't be able to do anything else unless you restart.

Edited by Jetronic

I hate Crisis City. They couldn't make it without at least one glitch, could they? ;D

The Goal Ring was literally a Sonic's arm-length away. And Sonic fell through one of the platforms needed to reach it. I was quite frustrated. :P

In the cut scene, where Metal gets blown up by C Sonic's kick. Once, I replayed it, and C Sonic kicked "nothing by the air" then a random explosion was heard but no image of metal or fire XD

As of now, I ran into 3.

1. Sky Sanctuary, Act 1, near the end of the stage. I was on the path that led to the crumbling road to the right, but when I first got on there, the camera failed to turn as the platforms crumbled, I came to a dead halt and I fell. I quickly got through this thanks to spin dashing afterwards.

2. Death Egg Robot. Apparently, once you hit Phase 2, when Eggman tries to land with a bang to send you on the outer platforms, I jumped before he landed to see what would happen. He tried to repeat doing so, but somehow I ended up going through the ground when the platform doesn't even give way.

3. City Escape, Act 1. Fell through the floor on the background path in the beginning, before grinding/rolling down rooftops.

I managed to get stuck on the Shadow boss. There was a path going across over the top of the path that we were currently racing on, and I jumped up and got stuck inside of the edge of the above path, could move to the side a bit, but couldn't jump or get out of the graphic. Eventually after pausing and unpausing I fell to my death.

Somehow, I managed to stuff Sonic's face into a wall in Classic Sky Sanctuary, near the area where you can leap onto a disappearing cloud to get to two grabbable up-down lines. I spindash-jumped to try and get to the line without need of the cloud, zipped past both lines and the cloud.

Had to restart the level, couldn't get out. I could turn the direction I was facing and spindash, but other than that was immobile. Sometimes in Green Hill Modern there's a path that bounces Sonic onto some springs and you do a backflip onto the ground; sometimes Sonic will not do a complete flip and just twitch in the air before he lands...

Edited by RhikoruNa