Awoo.

Sonic Glitcherations: Post any bugs you find here!

ハリネズミ

Just has a pretty awesome glitch in Planet Wisp 1. You know how the spike wisp lets you cling to walls? It glitched and let me cling to the air! Left and right movements however I pleased. It was pretty awesome, but fixed itself as soon as I hit a wall.

I found one when I was playing through Act 1 of Seaside Hill. I don't have any pictures or video of it, but..

Towards the end of the level, I got stuck inside a wall, but eventually was able to pull myself out of it and continue the level. All of the flooring and stuff past that certain point in the level was invisible. As in, I could keep on running and stuff, but there was nothing below his feet, so Sonic was running on thin air. Suddenly, the big round thing starts chasing after you and I had to guess the times to jump as I tried to get away from it. Fun stuff.

I ran into a glitch near the end of Modern Speed Highway. Towards the end (right before you wall run on the last building leading to the final corkscrew), there's a small turn that lets the cars get off the highway and is blocked by an invisible wall. While I was playing, I ran straight into this, and before I even had a chance to turn around and go on the right path, a car went through and knocked me right through the invisible wall. Since there was no way for me to get back on the stage, I just ran forward a little and fell straight through the ground.

Sometimes in Green Hill Modern there's a path that bounces Sonic onto some springs and you do a backflip onto the ground; sometimes Sonic will not do a complete flip and just twitch in the air before he lands...

I've had that happen to me quite a few times in the demo that was at the Simon Mall tour thing (pretty sure it was exactly the same as the E3 demo). It was especially annoying since most of the time it would also send me flying backwards and not straight down. However, I haven't run into it at all in both the newer demo and the final game, which led me to believe that they fixed it. Apparently not...

Got that VS Espio bug again. It also turns out that going to the furthest point you can get to causes Espio to attack you at really fast speeds, although he can never hit you with them.

Seaside Hill, animal capsule mission. Fell through the floor and died at the first corner where the camera rotates 90 degrees.

Also, anyone else find the light speed ring dash a bit hit and miss? I've had several occasions where I swear I was within range of the rings (yes I know the Y prompt being on screen doesn't mean anything until you're up close) and mashing the Y button but I'd just fall helplessly past. In fact I'm pretty sure I've never got the one near the start of modern Planet Wisp to work.

Light Speed dash almost never works for me.

Whats also stupid is that the super Sonic transformation button is the same as the light speed dash, so if you have to use it and have that perk on, you'll transform into super sonic and then fail the dash.

Seaside Hill, animal capsule mission. Fell through the floor and died at the first corner where the camera rotates 90 degrees.

Also, anyone else find the light speed ring dash a bit hit and miss? I've had several occasions where I swear I was within range of the rings (yes I know the Y prompt being on screen doesn't mean anything until you're up close) and mashing the Y button but I'd just fall helplessly past. In fact I'm pretty sure I've never got the one near the start of modern Planet Wisp to work.

It's really finicky, but you can get it to work if you just guess a few times. The one on Modern Planet Wisp is almost impossible to do though, only managed it a couple of times, because it's actually further away from you than you think it is. It's lucky the light dash never has to be used over a bottomless pit really, and that's it's not that prevalent, as it is really precise.

Too many time now I've had a glitch act the end of C.Sky Sanctuary. Upper route, first crumbling tower. The camera doesn't turn fast enough or Sonic doesn't follow the 2D path properly, so he stops and falls.

Too many time now I've had a glitch act the end of C.Sky Sanctuary. Upper route, first crumbling tower. The camera doesn't turn fast enough or Sonic doesn't follow the 2D path properly, so he stops and falls.

You too, eh?

• Thumbs Up 2

Somehow, I managed to stuff Sonic's face into a wall in Classic Sky Sanctuary, near the area where you can leap onto a disappearing cloud to get to two grabbable up-down lines. I spindash-jumped to try and get to the line without need of the cloud, zipped past both lines and the cloud. Had to restart the level, couldn't get out. I could turn the direction I was facing and spindash, but other than that was immobile. Sometimes in Green Hill Modern there's a path that bounces Sonic onto some springs and you do a backflip onto the ground; sometimes Sonic will not do a complete flip and just twitch in the air before he lands...

I got stuck in the same place!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lx4DMaP1Ks&feature=channel_video_title[/media

Edited by KennyWolf

I boosted in Modern Rooftop Run and I flew over a building. (Can't remember what location in Rooftop Run)

I had a different glitch in Sky Sanctuary Modern. That final warp point that you have to use if you fall at the crumbling floor before the final chase up the crumbling road?

One time every time I jumped towards it, the camera would swing round 180 degrees, facing the way I came. If I used the warp point, upon arriving up above, the camera would not only stay stuck in an awkward angle, but the controls were responding as if it was in the correct place, so Sonic moved in wildly different directions from what I was pushing on the control stick.

Did it three times in a row, killing every time. 4th time lucky it just... stopped doing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a different glitch in Sky Sanctuary Modern. That final warp point that you have to use if you fall at the crumbling floor before the final chase up the crumbling road?

One time every time I jumped towards it, the camera would swing round 180 degrees, facing the way I came. If I used the warp point, upon arriving up above, the camera would not only stay stuck in an awkward angle, but the controls were responding as if it was in the correct place, so Sonic moved in wildly different directions from what I was pushing on the control stick.

Did it three times in a row, killing every time. 4th time lucky it just... stopped doing it.

And again- the reason Generations has no camera control.

in the Rival Challenge Shadow got stuck against a wall, while continuing to skate, and I was unable to hit him.

Then in City Escape I tried to skateboarding backwords and I went through a wall.

Then In Rooftop Run I was hit by a robot right before entering in the "rail from the tower" sequence, and Sonic didn't grind and just fell.

Here's an interesting bug I just discovered.

You know that part of Modern's Sky Sanctuary near the end of the act where the white platform crumbles in certain areas? If you make Modern power stomp on a non-crumbling area of that platform, his boost bar will fill up a bit for every stomp for no apparent reason. It's not as if that platform counts as destructible scenery that adds onto the boost gauge upon destruction because the platform is not being destroyed, it's staying perfectly intact with every stomp.

Pretty cool way to fill up your boost gauge if it's running low :D

I had a different glitch in Sky Sanctuary Modern. That final warp point that you have to use if you fall at the crumbling floor before the final chase up the crumbling road? One time every time I jumped towards it, the camera would swing round 180 degrees, facing the way I came. If I used the warp point, upon arriving up above, the camera would not only stay stuck in an awkward angle, but the controls were responding as if it was in the correct place, so Sonic moved in wildly different directions from what I was pushing on the control stick. Did it three times in a row, killing every time. 4th time lucky it just... stopped doing it.

I had that happen as well but the camera went back to normal after the warp point.

I also died on the crumbling tower in the classic level like everyone else was reporting. I thought I had just screwed up somehow.

Yesterday, while trying to figure out how to get the last (actually 4th, I think) red ring on Modern Sky Sanctuary, I managed to embed Sonic in one of those spinning floor discs. Picked up the 1Up and jump-dashed for the discs, same as always, and everything but the top of his head sank into the stone. After a bit of wiggling, he was close enough to the edge that when it rotated back towards me I could see his feet sticking out the bottom. Eventually I managed to boost him out, but my timing was of and he missed the lower platform and took the long drop.

More perplexing was my initial (18) attempt(s) at the Time Eater: Sonic and Sonic are at the near end of a long tunnel. Time Eater is at the far end. Screen says push [boost]. I push the button and get a nifty little bow wave, as I collect the initial rings. After several minutes of pushing various buttons in an attempt to cause some sort of actual effect, other than the bow wave and flicking the other Sonic ahead through space, or changing the screen to a side view of two golden dots traveling on a field of blue stripes, both Sonics turned blue and fell off screen. After going through my initial three lives, plus 3 Continues, I gave it up, without having ever gotten any closer to the Time Eater, let alone having hit him, and without him ever hitting me with either the so-called 'homing' attack or the hand - even though I flew straight through the hand several times. Neither side was capable of contacting the other, for 18 attempts!

Yesterday I returned to the level and beat him in two lives - I just barely ran out of rings before the final blow the first time. HUGE difference - I pushed boost and actually got closer to him! And he hit me when he swatted me! And I could actually see him when we were outside the tube! It was like I was actually playing the level instead of taking a tour!laugh.png

Just last night in Act 1 of Seaside Hill I fell through a solid floor while in an underwater passage. What?!

Oh and this one is more weird: while playing City Escape Act 2, I made a jump off of a ramp which fell short (which shouldn't be possible) and unexpectedly fell to my death...

...or so I thought! I fell, heard Sonic scream "No!", but landed on solid ground... BUT I STILL LOST A LIFE! Huh?!?!

While going for S rank on City Escape Act 2 Doppelganger Challenge, I ran into 2 glitches with the truck on 2 subsequent runthroughs. The first time I ran out of boost while evading the truck flying on its side near the end, it caught up and killed me at the same time as pushing me through the building and into nothingness.

Second time, on the bit with the extra lane to the left (just before you get the final red ring), the truck ran me over and ended up in front of me, just waiting for me to overtake, which I couldn't do as an invisible barrier formed around the truck, which I assume is to prevent you getting behind it normally.

Heres an odd one.

In Rooftop Run as classic Sonic, if you take the low path at the start, theres one point where you have to jump on two of those spike traps in order to get back to the main path. Well... just to the right is a fake wall and you can run through the building to collect an invincibility power up.

If you then go back out to the spike trap and let the spikes fall on you, you will take damage from it and loose rings, even though you have the invincibility going.

This hasn't happened before in any other Sonic game? Has it?

• Thumbs Up 1