Awoo.

Are Tails, Amy, and Knuckles friends?

Blazey Firekitty

Do Sonic's oldest friends get along with each other, or are they just forced to interact due to a mutual interest in Sonic?

I think they've known each other long enough to be good freinds with Sonic and each other.

Tails and Knuckles like eachother, Amy likes Tails and Tails likes Amy, but I don't think Knuckles or Amy like eachother very much.

Edited by Future-Hedgehog

but I don't think Knuckles likes Amy very much.

She probably should be more careful not to knock him into trees. XD

Considering we hardly see any of them interact with each other unless its connected to Sonic, I think they're only "friends" my association and mutual interest in Sonic.

Considering we hardly see any of them interact with each other unless its connected to Sonic, I think they're only "friends" my association and mutual interest in Sonic.

Amy: I shall bear Sonic's children!

Tails: No, I shall bear Sonic's children!

Knuckles: No, I shall bear Sonic's children, and we shall rule the galaxy!

*big fight*

But um, in all seriousness, I guess we can at least assume that they tolerate each other. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

I think they're friends by a mutual connection to Sonic, but they just don't get along all that well. Granted, that relationship has hardly even been touched upon at all. All the evidence we have typically points to them finding the other kind of annoying, but it's mainly played for humor anyway.

I think the main reason why Knuckles and Amy tend to not get along that well most of the time is because, well.. they're kind of similar? Same sides repel, opposites attract, etc etc. Hahaha.

They're both incredibly stubborn, hardheaded, and prone to getting violent when things are said that bother them. They're also both very overprotective over specific things.

Edited by Chooch

Ya know this is kind of a problem if the only reason these characters appear together is because of Sonic, leaves little room for development between them all.

I've always felt that Tails and Amy are pretty good friends. Some of their dialogue has hinted at it, for example in Sonic Riders. Riders also seemed to show Knux and Tails getting along pretty well. Man, I think the main thing I liked about Riders was the camaraderie between Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy. Plus they were all hanging around together at the party they threw for Sonic in Generations. I don't think there needs to be much implicitly said. I think the implication is that they're all friends.

I've always felt that Tails and Amy are pretty good friends. Some of their dialogue has hinted at it, for example in Sonic Riders. Riders also seemed to show Knux and Tails getting along pretty well. Man, I think the main thing I liked about Riders was the camaraderie between Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy. Plus they were all hanging around together at the party they threw for Sonic. I don't think there needs to be much implicitly said. I think the implication is that they're all friends.

I think the problem is that they're mostly together when the plot is happening; Perhaps if there was more casual dialogue and situation between the four, I think that would settle the problem.

Come to think of it, the strongest friendly moment I think of between the three of them was when they were all hanging out with Sonic in the hovercar at the end of Zero Gravity chatting about the Babylonian civilization. ^_^

Come to think of it, the strongest friendly moment I think of between the three of them was when they were all hanging out with Sonic in the hovercar at the end of Zero Gravity chatting about the Babylonian civilization. happy.png

I like that, I want more of that. Especially when Amy interrupted Knuckles.

I think the problem is that they're mostly together when the plot is happening; Perhaps if there was more casual dialogue and situation between the four, I think that would settle the problem.

It would be pretty awesome to open a game with a short scene watching the four of them just hanging out doing something together on a 'day off'. If not in a game, then I'd totally love some Night Of The Werehog/Sonic and Chip-esque shorts of them just goofing off together.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like that, I want more of that. Especially when Amy interrupted Knuckles.

I guess Amy can have more thoughts running around in her head than one might realize. ^_^

I think this is about the only cutscene wth these three (I could be wrong), but from what I can see there pretty much cool with each other

Edited by AceZX02
  • Thumbs Up 1

It would be pretty awesome to open a game with a short scene watching the four of them just hanging out doing something together on a 'day off'. If not in a game, then I'd totally love some Night Of The Werehog/Sonic and Chip-esque shorts of them just goofing off together.

I miss those shorts, so very much.

I definately think Knuckles is a friend of Sonic and Tails, and not just one of those characters that the hog and the fox just so happens to bump into every now and then. This is supported by the fact that many games (such as Heroes and both Riders games) actually start out with the three of them together. In Riders for instance, they are out searching for a Chaos Emerald even before the rogues show up and the plot sets into motion. And in Heroes, Tails and Knux are already together when they find Sonic and deliver Eggmans note, meaning that whoever of them recieved the note probably went out of his way to contact the other one. We all know that Sonic and tails sticks together like glue, but it sure seems to me like its common practice between them to often contact Knuckles to come along with then on their adventures.

As for how Amy ties into that group, im not sure. Tails and Knux dont seem to mind her at least, but Sonic has that tendency to dowright try to stay away from her...

They all seem to be good friends with eachother. I mean, some of them might have better relationships with certain people, like Amy with Tails instead of Knuckles or something, but the way I see it, the three of them seem to be friendly with one another for the sake of just being good friends, not because they all like tagging along with Sonic or anything.

I definately think Knuckles is a friend of Sonic and Tails, and not just one of those characters that the hog and the fox just so happens to bump into every now and then. This is supported by the fact that many games (such as Heroes and both Riders games) actually start out with the three of them together. In Riders for instance, they are out searching for a Chaos Emerald even before the rogues show up and the plot sets into motion. And in Heroes, Tails and Knux are already together when they find Sonic and deliver Eggmans note, meaning that whoever of them recieved the note probably went out of his way to contact the other one. We all know that Sonic and tails sticks together like glue, but it sure seems to me like its common practice between them to often contact Knuckles to come along with then on their adventures.

As for how Amy ties into that group, im not sure. Tails and Knux dont seem to mind her at least, but Sonic has that tendency to dowright try to stay away from her...

Talking, sticking up for each other, and how their personalities compliment the other.

I think a good example of that particular one would be the whole little group's reaction when Wave dissed Tails in Riders. They all stare after Wave, momentarily stunned. And then they react:

Amy: Ohhhh, that girl! Who does she think she is?!

Sonic: Yeah! How can she just walk in and diss Tails?

Knuckles: I know! And tinkering's all he's really good at, too!

Tails: *Seriously peeved face*

That little bit of dialogue to me is a perfect example of the supportive but teasing camaraderie their little group has.

Edited by Shadic93

I really don't care much about the Riders games either, except that the character interaction was great. Now, if they could just have that kind of dialogue and interaction in a mainstream Sonic game, I would be one happy Flyboy.

I really don't care much about the Riders games either, except that the character interaction was great. Now, if they could just have that kind of dialogue and interaction in a mainstream Sonic game, I would be one happy Flyboy.

Edited by Shadic93
  • Thumbs Up 1