Awoo.

illogical things in sonic games

savvn

Both Egg carriers just started spontaneously exploding. In Sonic adventure, the egg carrier begins to crash after the battle with Gamma. Why?

Did a single battle cripple thie ship? Is it that fragile?

In 06, there is even less reason why the ship begins to crash. Perhaps it is simple mechanical failure.

Perhaps the genius Eggman created something with a fatal design flaw.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Zero

• savvn

• Rusty Spy

• Blue Blood

If Eggman has a giant robot made in his image, why does he wait until the end of the game to use it instead of taking into "insert name here" Hill to beat Sonic on the first level?

Both Egg carriers just started spontaneously exploding. In Sonic adventure, the egg carrier begins to crash after the battle with Gamma. Why?
I always figured it was a delayed result of Sonic blowing up two huge cannons during Sky Deck.

I always figured it was a delayed result of Sonic blowing up two huge cannons during Sky Deck.

Better yet, if you look back at the huge field(presumably one of the wings) at the beginning of the 2nd part of that level, once you reach higher ground(where the launch pads for the jet fighters is), you will see after a few seconds the ENTIRE PART OF THAT LEVEL EXPLODE AND CRUMBLE BEFORE YOU.

Makes sense. Okay.

But I'm going to be annoying; what happened to the second egg carrier? :P

Why are there springs and spikes planted randomly all across Sonic's world...?

Why are there rings randomly floating around in Sonic's world?

Why are there soo many long stretches of highway suspended in the sky with loops in them. I don't think Sonic lives in F-Zero Land. The cars seen in Sonic Adventure could probably never make it through radical highway.

Why are there soo many long stretches of highway suspended in the sky with loops in them. I don't think Sonic lives in F-Zero Land. The cars seen in Sonic Adventure could probably never make it through radical highway.

VirtualRealities_1.jpg

FINALLY. A topic where I can vent my internal frustration on the concept of the Spin Dash. Seriously...HUH? How does one spin in place, creating acceleration, no less in the shape of an oval, and is able to take off in a burst of speed? While spinning seems painful, at least it's somewhat probable...GAAGH! *facedesk*

FINALLY. A topic where I can vent my internal frustration on the concept of the Spin Dash. Seriously...HUH? How does one spin in place, creating acceleration, no less in the shape of an oval, and is able to take off in a burst of speed? While spinning seems painful, at least it's somewhat probable...GAAGH! *facedesk*

Yeah, you'd think you'd basically be grinding your face into the dirt doing that.

Well, if you think about it, Sonic's speed is more than just running fast and rolling down hills. Moves like the homing attack and the boost, maybe also some minor instances like the instashield and some of the tricks, let him change his velocity without anything solid to push against. So if he can somehow apply a force to shoot himself at an enemy while in midair, in theory he could also use that force to spin himself and hold himself just above the ground. Then remove the latter and, once he gets some grip on the ground, he shoots off.

Well, if you think about it, Sonic's speed is more than just running fast and rolling down hills. Moves like the homing attack and the boost, maybe also some minor instances like the instashield and some of the tricks, let him change his velocity without anything solid to push against. So if he can somehow apply a force to shoot himself at an enemy while in midair, in theory he could also use that force to spin himself and hold himself just above the ground. Then remove the latter and, once he gets some grip on the ground, he shoots off.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Sonic doesn't seem like the type to let a lack of traction get in his way.^_^

Before even touching whats illogical in sonic games...

Blue Hedgehog?

Talking Hedhehog?

Hedgehog running faster then the speed of sound?

Hedgehog going super when using chaos emeralds?

CHAOS EMERALDS!?

Echidna climbing walls?

Flying fox?

Hedgehog who can stay IN the water longer then a human could and in a depth that could normally kill you in a matter of seconds?

A hedgehog who can cut trought metal with his body alone?

Hedgehog loosing rings instead of blood?

And so on buuuut I don't wanna have a headache....

Amy's Hammer!

Unless she has it shrinking, or animators are too lazy to include it in most scenes, or she has her own personal Transwarp storage dimension (something from Transformers Animated).

I should question how Eggman gets lots of his stuff done in time, but one could suggest he does them all cheaply, as to why they break easily.

Alright, this I just dont get. In sonic '06 the characters seem to pull emeralds out of their ass even though they have no pockets.

Ray the Squirrel is a flying squirrel so he flies. Charmy Bee has wings. Tails uses his his special tails like helicopter blades to fly, weird but okay. Knuckles glides by trapping air under his dreadlocks. That doesn't even make sense. How does hair help you fly!

Edited by Badnikz

I think the real question here is what the fuck is going on with the President's eyebrows in Sonic Adventure 2.

Bonus nitpicking:

When holding onto a crane, Tails and Eggman can still shoot in SA2 - can't remember with Tails but I'm sure Eggman uses both hands. Additionally, technically no matter how strapped in they are, they're supporting the entire weight of the mech when they do this.

When Shadow first does Chaos Control, it's incredibly showy and flashy and takes about 5 seconds. After this point on he does it instantly. A common trope of transformations and special powers in games though... same happens with the Werehog (though in that case, it might only be the initial transformation and final transformation that hurt... all the rest are smooooth sailing).

Ray the Squirrel is a flying squirrel so he flies. Charmy Bee has wings. Tails uses his his special tails like helicopter blades to fly, weird but okay. Knuckles glides by trapping air under his dreadlocks. That doesn't even make sense. How does hair help you fly!

It's just that, they don't let him fly. Parachutes don't let you fly, they trap and so you descend slowly. That's exactly what Knuckles locks do. And if you put a parachute over a fan or other source of an updraft it would float, much like Knuckles does in Heroes.

How come no one suffers from hypothermia and/or exposure in icy areas? Heck, in Holoska, Jari-Thure lampshades this when you talk to him because he says;

"You (Sonic) misunderstand the danger of this land. How come you have only gloves on but nothing else? You some kind of maniac?"

On the Egg Carrier, why does Eggman have lots of toilets in the Hot Shelter if he hasn't got a living crew to use them? Is he a toilet fetishist or something? :lol:

Why does it take Sonic and Knuckles the entirety of the Biolizard boss fight to get to the shrine inside the cannon's core? The cutscene after the Biolizard is defeated the first time shows them running up the shrine stairs when logically you'd think that they would have deactivated the emeralds by then if you take into account how long it takes to beat the Biolizard and how fast they are.

How did Shadow get his ring back in Heroes if Sonic retrieved it at the end of SA2? Maybe Eggman gave him a replacement but it's never stated if this is true.

In SONIC '06, why don't the characters who can use Chaos Control actually use it usefully? I mean, why don't they just prevent Solaris ever existing by going 10 years into the past and forcibly halting Duke Soleanna's experiment so that the Duke never dies and that Solaris/Mephiles/Iblis is never released? I know Shadow and Silver went back 10 years into the past but I find it a bit stupid how they didn't go back a little further so they can attempt to halt the experiment altogether. But then I suppose we wouldn't have a game then =P

I also found it a little odd how at the beggining of SatSR, Sonic has a cold. But then it is never actually referenced for the rest of the game until the very end with the mountain of handkerchief's wish. You'd think that his sickness would be referenced a bit more. Either that or he has a very good immune system. Or Sonic doesn't let a simple cold overshadow the fact that he's got a flame arrow of death lodged in him :P

Speaking of Satsr and Unleashed, where in the world do Sonic's clothes go when he transforms into Darkspine/Werehog? Well, Sonic's gloves get shredded visibly when turning into Werehog but then when he turns back to normal, they're back and look brand new Seems like a case of Magic Pants.

The biggest lack of logic is......how does Cream carry the combined weight of Big and Amy!? This goes for Rouge and Charmy too! Rouge is carrying 1265.512kg of combined weight in fly formation, Cream is carrying over 280kg (Can't be exact because Amy's weight has never been revealed), Charmy carries 236kg of weight and Tails carries 75kg of weight. That's a pretty hefty amount of weight for a little fox to carry. Sonic Heroes makes no sense at all :blink:

Here's another one. You can stuff Chip with as much food as you want. You can do this with Sonic as well. But where does it all go? You can feed either of them 99 pieces of food in a row if you so want to and there's no repercussions! It would be pretty nasty if there were logical repercussions for Sonic/Chip gluttony though :lol: What makes this funny is that Chip often says as one of his comments when fed that he's is still hungry, no matter how much he was fed. Does that little guy have no sensation of fullness or something? Then again, he has been asleep for millions of years =P

Edited by Verte

Why does it take Sonic and Knuckles the entirety of the Biolizard boss fight to get to the shrine inside the cannon's core? The cutscene after the Biolizard is defeated the first time shows them running up the shrine stairs.

Ahh, but why does it take you so LONG to beat the Biolizard? Maybe this shows how awesome Shadow is, beating down the Biolizard before his friends can make even make it down the hall to the Master Emerald shrine. Ultimate lifeform, baby.

I also found it a little odd how at the beginning of SatSR, Sonic has a cold. But then it is never actually referenced for the rest of the game until the very end with the mountain of handkerchief's wish.

Being transported to another world might take your mind off something like that, but you're right, he doesn't sneeze or anything. Could be the game was really a dream. Or is it that colds are not written of in the Arabian Nights?

You can stuff Chip with as much food as you want. You can do this with Sonic as well. But where does it all go? You can feed either of them 99 pieces of food in a row if you so want to and there's no repercussions!

Put this idea together with the Egg Carrier toilets question, and you have a pretty nasty explanation for that one. Also, Chip is not a normal animal. And Sonic... Maybe Sonic digests and metabolizes things before it can become waste! Sonic is so great.

Edited by Badnikz

The entire 06.

The story is so illogical with plot holes and paradoxes that it just hurts your brain.

How are they able to breathe in space?

Where does Sonic put all those rings he collects?

How does Amy age 4 years while Sonic only ages 1?

Put this idea together with the Egg Carrier toilets question, and you have a pretty nasty explanation for that one. Also, Chip is not a normal animal. And Sonic... Maybe Sonic digests and metabolizes things before it can become waste! Sonic is so great.

Well, with the ability to run at super sonic speeds among other extreme feats you'd think he'd need a hefty amount of food to fuel his hyperactive nature. Maybe his body has a hyperactive digestive system and metabolism. That could explain how Sonic never seems to be full, can down a single chili dog in a matter of 2 seconds, and over the course of his life has actually gotten thinner.

Here's something I found weird. In Sonic Riders (PS2 version, not sure if this glitch occurs on GC or Xbox as well), if you get flattened, the airboard will disappear and your character will be flat, then when he/she becomes 3D again, the airboard appears RIGHT UNDERNEATH THEIR FEET. Weirdest glitch ever.