Awoo.

illogical things in sonic games

savvn

Well, with the ability to run at super sonic speeds among other extreme feats you'd think he'd need a hefty amount of food to fuel his hyperactive nature. Maybe his body has a hyperactive digestive system and metabolism. That could explain how Sonic never seems to be full, can down a single chili dog in a matter of 2 seconds, and over the course of his life has actually gotten thinner.

Exactly. Chili dogs are TOO SLOW!

Edited by Badnikz

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Zero

• savvn

• Rusty Spy

• Blue Blood

If you touched a speed pad, how would you continue running faster? Once you touch it, you'll go fast, but once you leave it, you should be running at your normal speed.

And I don't know about you, but if I ran straight into a speed pad from the games, I'd fall and scrape my face.

Why do they call it a light dash, when you're not moving at light speed?

If you were to bounce off a spring, wouldn't you have to press down on it really hard so it could launch you?

How is it possible to jump, and then while in midair, do a home attack?

Why don't the characters gloves get dirty?

Wouldn't it be easy for air particles and dust to infect the characters eyes'?

If you're running at 300 mph, wouldn't the wind keep you from opening your eyes?

How is it possible to grind with no momentum on a zero degree rail with regular shoes?

Edited by lounge

how can shadow grind in loops in his own game? he is slow grinding in that game

How the heck do fly type charas grind in sonic heroes?

I can answer most of those.

If you touched a speed pad, how would you continue running faster? Once you touch it, you'll go fast, but once you leave it, you should be running at your normal speed.

And I don't know about you, but if I ran straight into a speed pad from the games, I'd fall and scrape my face.

Well first, sonic can run fast but it takes time to accelerate, so dash panels decrease the time it takes to accelerate and also sometimes dash panels can make you go slower. In sonic unleashed (wii) boosting makes you faster than the speed of a dash panel. Actualy, running on a dash panel is like running on a treadmil, it makes you faster but only if you can support that speed, because if you cant keep up with the speed you'll just fall off.

Why do they call it a light dash, when you're not moving at light speed?

Why do they call it a light dash, well, becuase you are moving at light speed, just look at how fast he moves through a line of rings, tell me thats not ultra fast.

If you were to bounce off a spring, wouldn't you have to press down on it really hard so it could launch you?

Well becuase the springs are probably designed to be very very very bouncy so it dosn't need that much force to make you fly.

How is it possible to jump, and then while in midair, do a home attack?

How do you do a homing attack? Well, I have also wondered about this aswell. I came to the conclusion that sonic just hurls himself into the enemy with enough force to kill them.

Maybe their gloves are coated with something?

Wouldn't it be easy for air particles and dust to infect the characters eyes'?

Maybe the sonic cast have specialy designed eyes so nothing can get in them and wind dosn't affect them.

How is it possible to grind with no momentum on a zero degree rail with regular shoes?

In sonic heroes, if you didn't have enough speed entering a rail, you would hardly move across them.

Edited by savvn

They actually did, in the opening cutscene of SatBK where Sonic eats his Chilli-Dog, Sonic´s glove gets a bit dirty, before he eats it.

If Eggman has a giant robot made in his image, why does he wait until the end of the game to use it instead of taking into "insert name here" Hill to beat Sonic on the first level?

Because his top priority is to dominate the world by intimidating and enslaving defenceless creatures. He can take care of the agressive pests later when he's covered enough ground in which to surround and trap them. :P

I should question how Eggman gets lots of his stuff done in time

This is simple and very very logical rather than illogical. First he builds a few loyal servants such as EggPawns, and then those EggPawns work day and night as a development team. (Because robots never require any food and never require any sleep.)

So the infatiguable EggPawns do all of the hard physical labour for Eggman while he sits in front of a computer day after day... And this also explains why he's so damn chubby. :D

How come no one suffers from hypothermia and/or exposure in icy areas?

Well, Tails is a fox and foxes have fur to keep them warm during the winter.

And perhaps the quills of a hedgehog are similar to fur in a way that they create a protective layer of heat around the body.

And reptiles like Vector and Espio are cold-blooded anyway. ;)

eggman.gif

Tell me how this man is able to even stand.

Easy. He created cybernetic implants for his legs which can sustain a tremendous mass on top of them. Of course, he always wears those black pants, therefore we never get to see those awesome high-tech implants. ;)

Man, those were so easy to explain. Thanks for creating this hilarious topic to amuse me. :D

Edited by DarkJedi188

VirtualRealities_1.jpg

...Holy crap...what is.. I...

Where IS that? ...are there more places like this??? And are cars allowed to attempt to go through those deathtraps??

How are they able to breathe in space?

Morever, how come Sonic and Super Sonic can breath in outer space, yet in water they drown.

Luckily Hyper Sonic came in to fix this embarassing issue...

Why does the fastest thing alive need a hoverboard?

Contest rules.

Why are the Chaos Emeralds always just chilling in the best spots for the characters to find them? They're either conveniently close by, or a special stage brings you to them. These emeralds are crazy!

Why are the Chaos Emeralds always just chilling in the best spots for the characters to find them? They're either conveniently close by, or a special stage brings you to them. These emeralds are crazy!

Maybe they are magnetic.

...Holy crap...what is.. I...

Where IS that? ...are there more places like this??? And are cars allowed to attempt to go through those deathtraps??

I facepalmed so hard that my hand glitched right through my head.

Contest rules.

The premise, I mean. SEGA could have created a different story, not one involving the use of hoverboards.

I facepalmed so hard that my hand glitched right through my head.

Give him a break, it's a pretty good edit. I was fooled. I thought it was some kind of crazy giant piece of art. Not that uncommon to find such strange landmarks these days.

Contest rules.

You know, not even that.

Why do people assume Sonic might not simply like the challenge of controlling and racing with a vehicle? Giving Sonic a car (Drift) or hoverboard (Riders) doesn't take away from his speed- It merely gives him a hobby.

Mario being a run-and-jump platform star doesn't stop him from occasionally go-karting with Bowser, for another example.

Edited by El Gran Gordo

You know, not even that.

Why do people assume Sonic might not simply like the challenge of controlling and racing with a vehicle? Giving Sonic a car (Drift) or hoverboard (Riders) doesn't take away from his speed- It merely gives him a hobby.

Mario being a run-and-jump platform star doesn't stop him from occasionally go-karting with Bowser, for another example.

Oh how I agree with this.

People seem to believe that the only thing Sonic lives for is speed. And eating. And sleeping. When really there's more to him than that. It's as if he isn't expected to have any other interests than running because of his speed. He likes speed but doesn't prize racing. He seems to like adrenaline rushes but doesn't like getting them from the rides in theme parks (He does state in the lobby of Twinkle Park that he is not too fond of places like it if you keep him still long enough). And if SatSR is anything to go by as well as SatBK possibly, he has a great appreciation for books.

Simply put, there's more to Sonic's interests than his speed fetish =P

Oh how I agree with this.

People seem to believe that the only thing Sonic lives for is speed. And eating. And sleeping. When really there's more to him than that. It's as if he isn't expected to have any other interests than running because of his speed. He likes speed but doesn't prize racing. He seems to like adrenaline rushes but doesn't like getting them from the rides in theme parks (He does state in the lobby of Twinkle Park that he is not too fond of places like it if you keep him still long enough). And if SatSR is anything to go by as well as SatBK possibly, he has a great appreciation for books.

Simply put, there's more to Sonic's interests than his speed fetish =P

I do think Sonic lives for his speed fetish, and he's going to enjoy it anyway that keeps him on the go. Be it with hover boards or just his feet. He doesn't need a board, but why not give him one for spin-offs and a few random uses? It just add a bit of variety.

I do think Sonic lives for his speed fetish, and he's going to enjoy it anyway that keeps him on the go. Be it with hover boards or just his feet. He doesn't need a board, but why not give him one for spin-offs and a few random uses? It just add a bit of variety.

I don't disagree that speed is Sonic's greatest interests. But I disagree with the general impression that that is his only hobby, his only source of entertainment. Granted, speed is his greatest source of entertainment. But that doesn't detract from the fact that he has other, much more sedentary hobbies by comparison.

I don't disagree that speed is Sonic's greatest interests. But I disagree with the general impression that that is his only hobby, his only source of entertainment. Granted, speed is his greatest source of entertainment. But that doesn't detract from the fact that he has other, much more sedentary hobbies by comparison.

We be on the same wavelength. I say he 'lives for speed' meaning that without it he's be a bored little sod. He does other things, but gets in the speed wherever and whenever he can. Just because he's bloody awesome.

• * How do Sonic and co manage to get their feet in their shoes? It only makes sense for the Knuckles' tribe and Big.
    * Sonic's mouth is contantly on his side now as part of his design. The same applies to Knuckles and Shadow, possibly a few others. How does it swicth all the time? (I know this isj ust part of design, but I like to point it out)
    * In theory, everyone should be rich considering the number of rings and thing lying about. This happens in other games with RPG like features.
    * Blaze still lights fires underwater. How does that work?
    * Building on the above, does it make sense that she's better at holding her breath than Sonic? Sure he can't swim, but she's all about flames!
    * All the Sonic-esque animals (and plenty of Robots) have super speed.

Edited by Blue Blood

On the Egg Carrier, why does Eggman have lots of toilets in the Hot Shelter if he hasn't got a living crew to use them? Is he a toilet fetishist or something? :lol:

In addition to those toilets he's also got a swimming pool up there. (As far as I can remember from playing the PC version of the game back in 2005).

Anyways, to explain this... I'm assuming that Eggman intended for the EggCarrier to serve as both a battleship and as a luxury cruiser, depending on the situation at hand.

Eggman must've been planning to invite his relatives (such as Gerald and Maria) or his other fellow mad scientists aboard the ship during a quiet day when Sonic and the pests were far away.

Really, it's the only logical explanation that I can think of.

Eggman must've been planning to invite his relatives (such as Gerald and Maria)

Well... considering they've been deceased for years, they wouldn't make the most lively guests. Oh ho ho. *booed*

But I could see him planning to invite guests aboard. I think Eggman probably has rich, cool friends that he hangs out with in his off time. He's probably always throwing parties on the Egg Carrier and Death Egg. What a card.

In addition to those toilets he's also got a swimming pool up there. (As far as I can remember from playing the PC version of the game back in 2005).

Not to mention he even has a ridiculous play area with slot machines and rocking Eggmobile rides. I never knew Eggman was such a playful spirit.

In Sonic Adventure, against the egg viper. During the course of the battle, eggman will knock away all of the platforms on one side of the stage.

Why doesen't he do that earlier, and on both sides? Cuz it would have ruined the boss fight right?

In Sonic Unleashed 360, instead of wasting time with all the snakes, why doesen't Super Sonic just chaos control across the shield? Because that would have ruined the boss fight right?

Chip is Light Gaia and for years has been a counterbalance against Dark Gaia. But how does he defeat Dark Gaia on his own? Without Sonic's help, he would have been completly dominated.

Chip in his Gaia temple form, is completly defenseless against Dark Gaia's grabs. He got grabbed four times, and couldn't do a darn thing in response each time except yelling at Sonic to hurry up.