Awoo.

illogical things in sonic games

savvn

Robotnik moved like he was filled with helium in the OVA. But for modern Eggman, I have no clue.

Well those are some pretty big hands which could be used to balance, and his feet look pretty flat and good for supporting his body. If you're wondering about the legs, well. I don't know about the legs. He's got strong knees, is all. I like the way he sort of rocks back and forth like an egg when he runs sometimes. That's a good character detail.

Ever been on a moving walk way, like in an airport? They're much slower than boost pads, but you retain the momentum from it. Sonic keeps the momentum he gets from it as well.

What doesn't make sense about them is how he's able to remain upright. If he were to walk into one of them, it should yank his feet right out from under him.

Well, technically Sonic's max speed is faster than the pad. His forward movement keeps him moving. The treadmill example was a good one. If you jump on a fast moving treadmill, you'll get your feet pull from under you. If you're jumping into a run onto the treadmill, you have a better chance of keeping your footing. Since Sonic can pick up his speed pretty quickly, I'm just assuming he kicks it into high gear when he touches the pad, so that he doesn't get knocked down.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Zero

• savvn

• Rusty Spy

• Blue Blood

Okay, how does he turn at sharp angles, sometimes 180 degrees, just by touching a pad? :P

The whole city escape level in sa2 screams illogic. Sonic does not have the mass to send all those cars flying, but it sure is fun. :P

Then the whole semi-truck thing...it barely can fit in between the buildings. Furthermore, while the chase scene is cool, there's no way a truck should be able to keep up with Sonic.

Not to mention, the massive amount of cars the truck sends flying.

Not only is all that property damage bad for GUN's PR (lots of lawsuits, what if there's people in those cars?), but the auto and medical insurance industries are going to go crazy. :wacko:

The whole city escape level in sa2 screams illogic. Sonic does not have the mass to send all those cars flying, but it sure is fun. :P

Then the whole semi-truck thing...it barely can fit in between the buildings. Furthermore, while the chase scene is cool, there's no way a truck should be able to keep up with Sonic.

Not to mention, the massive amount of cars the truck sends flying.

Not only is all that property damage bad for GUN's PR (lots of lawsuits, what if there's people in those cars?), but the auto and medical insurance industries are going to go crazy. :wacko:

Not only that, but how does a small park area lead directly into a city street that directly leads into a pair of stairs with a 30 foot wall onto more sets of stairs that lead onto yet another street.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Tails has an IQ rivalling Eggman's.

He's 8. (at least I perceive him to be around 10 post-06).

How the hell did he learn all that stuff so fast and so well?

Ontopic, one scene in 06 made me laugh.

In Sonic's story, the guys get flung 200 years in the future from White Acropolis. Why do they have to hurry to get back to their own time period? After all, to get back, they would have to be able to travel through time, meaning they could go to any date of their pleasing.

Tails has an IQ rivalling Eggman's.

He's 8. (at least I perceive him to be around 10 post-06).

How the hell did he learn all that stuff so fast and so well?

IQ is adjusted by age. Having the same IQ doesn't mean Tails knows as much as Eggman does, it's more that he has similar ability to learn, understand, and retain as Eggman.

At least I think that's how IQ works...

IQ is adjusted by age. Having the same IQ doesn't mean Tails knows as much as Eggman does, it's more that he has similar ability to learn, understand, and retain as Eggman.

At least I think that's how IQ works...

Yeah, IQ is adjusted by age... and also has absolutely nothing to do with how much information a person knows.

Someone with severe autism who can store 500 books in his head might still have an IQ of only 55, whereas someone with virtually no general knowledge could have an IQ of 130+ because of their ability to problem solve.

IQ is based on the ability to work things out, not on what is already known.

Also, all IQ tests are biased and rarely give out the same results. IQ really is subjective :P

Also, all IQ tests are biased and rarely give out the same results. IQ really is subjective :P

Are you saying Eggman is just really good at IQ tests? :P

He does fail a lot for a person with a 300 IQ.

Are you saying Eggman is just really good at IQ tests? :P

He does fail a lot for a person with a 300 IQ.

There's no doubt that Eggman is a genius. But as for pinpointing exact IQs... IQ tests really do only test how good you are at IQ tests. They measure very specific variants, and most IQ tests differ in how they do this. You can't necessarily trust IQ tests XD After all, I'm in MENSA... how do you explain THAT?

How has Eggman survived every single time he went down in a flaming exploding egg-o-matic hovercraft? It even sunk into oil and lava... seriously, nobody's that lucky. And considering it was once rare that Sonic ever faced a boss in the game that WASN'T eggman, that's a lot of flaming wreckage...

I kinda liked the comics explaination...but it takes away his humanity. Ah well.

What would you do if a close friend were in jail? You would try to find out the crime's circumstances, talk to officers, lawyers, and maybe even judges.

Not Tails! In Sa2, instead of doing any of the above, he comes to prison island and just starts blasting stuff up. :P

Speaking of people in Jail... What is the deal with those prisoners in the underground portion of Red Mountain in Sonic Adventure? ...is THAT what Knuckles does to people who come to Angel Island without his permission? And he gives them repeated lava baths? ...sheesh.

How are Sonic and co able to breathe in outer space and yet not underwater? I don't think this question has ever been answered though. XD;

Also, how come Tails already has romantic feelings for Cosmo in Sonic X, ESPECIALLY her more adult, curvy form (oo-er Tails)? He's 8 for crying out loud! Kids don't get those kind of feelings until they're atleast 10 or 11.

AND why does every single female character have to wear clothes but male characters can run naked, wild and free? I'm still awaiting the next Julie-Su or Sally. D:

How are Sonic and co able to breathe in outer space and yet not underwater? I don't think this question has ever been answered though. XD;

When it is actually shown that they can breathe in space (and while not in one of Eggman's ships that could provide atmosphere)?

It seems to me that Sonic can't breathe unless he's the invincible Super Sonic; once he loses all his rings and turns back to normal, he stops being able to breathe and he loses a life.

When it is actually shown that they can breathe in space (and while not in one of Eggman's ships that could provide atmosphere)?

Whenever he falls to the Earth from space in the games, he seems pretty unharmed from falling through the atmosphere, especially in Sonic 2.

Also.. *points at Sonic X* that's the culprit for the breathing in space issue. D: Though I guess since it's not canon and stuff, you can count it out.

Death Egg Zone, Sonic 2. Both the beginning and the end of the level involve Sonic/Tails moving ouside the atmosphere completely unprotected and with no possibility of external sustenance. The Death Egg in S&K and the ARK levels in SA2 are also debateably the case, seeing as it's never actually proven whether there's an artificial atmosphere in either of them.

EDIT: Fuck, Gabz beat me to it. The intro in Unleashed comes to mind too though, come to think of it. Not the Super Sonic bits, moreso regular Sonic beforehand and Werehog falling to the planet afterwards.

Edited by Blacklightning

Whenever he falls to the Earth from space in the games, he seems pretty unharmed from falling through the atmosphere, especially in Sonic 2.

This is true... Maybe he holds his breath until he reaches the atmosphere, and as for the water...

Maybe anthromorphic creatures such as Sonic or co. are extremely allergic to water, so when they finally have to open their mouth to breathe, they die from their skull swelling instantly and crushing their brain (or something similar)?

I always figured that space vehicles in the Sonicverse have some sort of atmosphere on the outside. Like, just in case for whatever reason someone needs to leave the ship and do maintanence on the outside.

Also, Neo; Sonic and Shadow have never used Chaos Controll to travel in time before, so likley they knew they could send themselves back a huge chunk (200 years) but not a percice one (199 years, 200 days, 43 minuetes kind of thing).

This is true... Maybe he holds his breath until he reaches the atmosphere, and as for the water...

I don't think that's what she was meant. In real life, huge amounts of friction would build up as Sonic collides with air particles as he falls into the atmosphere. It'd get so hot that he'd ignite and well, die.

In fact, IT DOES HAPPEN in one game. SA2. That's how Eggman tried to kill Sonic. The capsule that Sonic's in clearly gets hot and starts glowing as it gets closer to Earth. And the same also happens to Rouge in Mad Space. Personally, I find it hillarious. But yeah, what of Shadow at the end of the same game? And Sonic in Unleashed?

Edited by Blue Blood

Shadow is the Ultimate Lifeform, there's no reason why somthing like a million mile drop should kill him.

As for Sonic in Unleashed....hmmm...could be an aftereffect of his transformation.

I don't think that's what was mean. In realy life, huge amounts of friction would build up as Sonic collides with air particles as he falls into the atmosphere. It'd get so hot that he'd ignite and well, die. In fact, IT DOES HAPPEN in one game. SA2. That's how Eggman tried to kill Sonic. The capsule that Sonic's in clearly gets hot and starts glowing as it gets closer to Earth.

Not to mention that's what happens whenever you fall in Final Chase/Rush.

But then, wouldn't running at supersonic speeds create similar friction? He should be somewhat immune to it if he runs so often.

Indeed you are correct, Midori. I mean to mention Mad Space having the same effect on Rouge..

In Shadow the Hedgehog, Black Doom warns Shadow in the level cosmic fall that,

"If you don't find the emerald soon, you will burn up in the Earth's atmosphere."

Well Sonic in Unleashed was protected by Chip's power before he even entered the atmosphere since he saw something that was coming in the sky, yet he wasn't able to identify what or who was falling, if i'm correct.

In Unleashed the Werehog wasn't caught until he was quite near the ground. Far away enough to perform a "faceground", but nowhere near the outer atmosphere. He'd long since entrered it.