Awoo.

What surprised you positively about Generations?

Emmett L. Brown

- every single fucking thing and detail (both HD and 3DS)

yeah.

But my FAVORITE FAVORITES are:

- the "shitty friends" joke ("they are insignificant !")

- the fact there's stuff from EVERY previous game in this, even Unleashed Wii (Sonic rolling when taking a dash panel)

- ... even the Sonic Battle Emerald Beach music for the "battles" against your friends

- French voice acting got everything perfect (better than the English one IMO)

- Emerald Coast being surprisingly good, and the whale still being an ass

- every. single. thing.

well

aside from the PS3 version button lag, huh. well i got used to it, but it was dramatic at first (city escape modern ? oh god).

I never thought Crisis City Act 2 would be my favorite level and be my favorite remix. I don't like Sonic 06 or it's music, but that level has the excitement, intensity, and adrenaline rush that a Sonic level should have,

Speed Highway being absolutely fucking perfect. If I had to pick a level they did the best job on, it's that one.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is a lot. I'm with you guys with all of the above plus my own personal faves, including:

-Speed Highway, Classic. The music for the most part, very techno.

-Speed Highway, Modern. The stage, I just enjoyed every bit of it, never was fussed with it back in Adventure but here, it just feels perfect! (It really is a Speed Highway)

-Metal Sonic Boss Fight. The entire stage of Stardust Speedway BUT using the Japanese soundtrack mixing past, present and futures into it, it was so fresh and beautiful. I cried when I played that fight.

-Mighty and Ray in Wanted posters in City Escape. I don't care what form they were in appearing on this game, but they were there! They were actually on Sonic Generations!

That's all I have for now, but these are my key favourites from this wonderful game.

Oh my god the list could not be higher. I'll limit it to the biggest things.

- Classic Sonic's levels. I expected something along the lines of Color's platforming and was more than pleasantly surprised. They feel a lot like actual classic levels, something that could have been pulled out of Sonic 2 or 3. They were fast but did give you a lot of platforming and extra paths. It was quite possibly the coolest thing when I realized that yes beating GHZ could actually happen without glitching up the game, and that figuring it out was the best part.

- Holy christ the Shadow fight. A big part of SA2's final rival fight was Shadow and Sonic's special moves, and since rings are easy to get in Modern gameplay, they switched it up with the power orb things. The fight was still a race, you still had a need to stay ahead of Shadow, so you could finish him as quickly as possible. Shadow also used rings, just like you. When you finally go to finish him off, just watching the rings fly out of him in rapid succession while he stumbles is hilariously great.

- what do you mean there are skills that can extend my boost and make modern sonic faster than flipping fuck that's a thing in this game oh my god sign me the fuck up

What I liked:

-Rouge's Voice (instant boner XD)

-The Egg Dragoon Mk.2

-The other character's not being forgotten

-The final boss reveal

-The Modern take on the Classic levels

-Silver taking a level in badass

and that's generally about it that made me excited.

- the "shitty friends" joke ("they are insignificant !")

Wait...that was referencing the whole "shitty friends" message plaguing the internet? I thought it was just brushing them off as if they didn't matter to what they were doing.

What I liked:

-The Egg Dragoon Mk.2

-The other character's not being forgotten

-The final boss reveal

-The Modern take on the Classic levels

-Silver taking a level in badass

and that's generally about it that made me excited.

Wait...that was referencing the whole "shitty friends" message plaguing the internet? I thought it was just brushing them off as if they didn't matter to what they were doing.

From what little I've played at my brother's place here were the things that I liked:

- Modern Sonic had a good balance of speed and platforming

- No hair pulling QTE's

- Less bottomless pits than usual

- Classic Sonic's gameplay

- The ability to change music(a nice feature since I didn't really like many of the Classic remix of non classic era stages besides Rooftop Run)

- The challenges were pretty fun

Where to start...

- Classic running through the Dreamcast Era

- Modern in the Classic Era

- The music being even better than I thought it would be

- The intro to the Shadow battle

- The Death Egg in Sky Sanctuary... I can't take my eyes off it

- Perfect Chaos looks amazing

- Crisis City being one of my favourite levels 0:

- Classic Eggman

- Last but definitely not least... The animations of the characters and badniks are so polished and expressive. I also love details like that Eggrobo smashing through the glass in SS, the Egg Fighter with the barrel or the one at the ice cream stall, and the Egg Pawns in the backgrounds of Seaside Hill and Planet Wisp.

With such a nostalgia trip I could go on for pages about what I liked here. =P

The overall sheer amount of nostalgia fanservice. What really surprised is classic Sonic's return. From the very start.

I am also very pleased with the much improved physics/controls/level design for both Sonics. I'd say classic Sky Sanctuary has the best level design in the entire game, it matches the branching level design from the classics so well.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillScrooge

What I liked:

Not a good thing to hear before bed when you are a belly sleeper, eh?

Not a good thing to hear before bed when you are a belly sleeper, eh?

I mainly sleep on my back. But it's a good thing she doesn't have many lines in the game if you are a belly sleeper, else you be thinking about it all night long.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Hell she CHARMS even the freaking ROBOTS!... I mean what, did Eggman got bored and wanted some robot hentai so he installed some "stuff" into them?

• 1 month later...

So it just dawned upon me that I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the modern era levels. I bought this game mainly with the intention of going back to the Genesis and Dreamcast levels, and not really caring about the levels from newer games. However, I really enjoyed the modern levels, to the point where they might be my favorites in the game. The level design is good, they're the longest in the game, they're exciting and very attractive on the eyes, and all around they're just really well put together levels. I'm mainly talking about Crisis City and Rooftop Run, although Planet Wisp was pretty solid for modern Sonic as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't play the console version yet, but here's my list for Sonic Generations 3DS.

-HUGE improvement over Rush style level designs and gameplay.

-Nearly perfect Classic Sonic.

-Always thought classic Sonic was a tad ugly, but this game made me see him as super cute and child-like. Guess I just needed to see a 3D Model?

-Amazing music from the past. ( Balloon park even? )

The humor added in. My friend told me that Generations wasn't funny like Colors, and I got worried. But watching the cutscenes, I actually laughed at some of the moments in the game, especially the Eggman cutscenes.

Oh, and the new and improved Perfect Chaos. It looked pretty freakin' sweet.

The Modern Levels. Not that there was anything wrong with them before, I enjoyed Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors was good too, but..it felt like the platforming was just a bit too heavy on platforming on that one.

Sonic Generations pretty much perfected the best mix between speed and platforming with Modern Sonic, if you ask me. It was awesome, being able to dash through all these beautiful levels at such incredible speeds but, at the same time, actually have to pay attention and not just hold down the boost in order to be able to get through a level.

It's like Sonic Unleashed was too much of one thing, Sonic Colors was too much of the other, and Sonic Generations was juuuust right.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nothing as the whole game was the biggest stinking pile of shit I have ever played in my Sonic career.

Well there was one thing that surprised me positivle about the game and that was how much I got for it at trade in. I got $16 for it!

If you don't like Generations, fine. But go whine and pine about it somewhere else, it's not even been a full damn week since you've been here and some of us are already sick your mindless bitching of the game.

• Thumbs Up 9

If you don't like Generations, fine. But go whine and pine about it somewhere else, it's not even been a full damn week since you've been here and some of us are already sick your mindless bitching of the game.

And I am just as sick and tired of you and the rest of you lot's mindless bitching going on about this game like it is the greatest thing ever.

It isn't. So you lot like 4 hour short as hell games with no gameplay, horrendous controlls, inconsistant difficulty ( which seems to be a theme of Sonic Team), dire autotuned techno crap for a soundtrack and with the worst story ever in gaming and no replayability whatsoever! I don't!

They treated the classic fans with sheer and utter contempt but if your a modern fan you wont see that.

The game was crap. And I hate to tell you this but I am not alone. Many of us hate the game but don't say anything as they know of the backlash they will receive. Here try this, When I traded in my copy the woman behind the counter at Gamestation hated the game.

Sonic Colours kicks the hell out of this crap. Unleashed's daytime stages were better than this crap.

Oh and ModernHdentaiQuillFan if you can't take criticism of the game perhaps you shouldn't be here! Go and take off you nostalgia glasses and see the game for what it is utter crap off the first order.

Oh and if you want a game with nostalgia go and play Bayonetta. That has more SEGA nostalgia in it that SG can only dream off and Hideki Kamiya knows how to do nostalgia unlike Iizuka.

Getting right back on topic...

If there's one thing that surprised me about this game, it's how beautiful Planet Wisp's natural scenery looks, especially in Modern Sonic's act. I mean, yeah, it looked nice in Sonic Colors too, but you barely spent ten-twenty seconds in it before you transitions into the factory area for the rest of the zone. In the couple of minutes you spend traversing in it before you, again, transition into the factory area for the rest of the act, it really drives home the damage Eggman's doing to the planet for his selfish means. I don't know, perhaps it's just me, but for every second I spend in its gorgeous wonder, I just get the urge to stop ol' Eggbelly and try to preserve its natural beauty.

Basically, it's a Green Aesop done right... and I dig it.

Edited by Komodin
  • Thumbs Up 1