Awoo.

"I never thought a girl could be so tough!"

Blazey Firekitty

Eggman was trying to get jiggy with it.

6._Dr._Eggman.pngLAAAAAAAAAAAAADIES!

Right click. Saved.

Oh God, MUTANT CAT/EGG CHILDREN!

If I was a woman, I'd be terrified to see Eggman walking towards me.

"Hey...I never thought a girl could be so tough, want my number?"

-shivers-

Hey now. You implying that Eggman is a furry?

26.jpg

*shudders*

Swiiiiiiiing looooow, sweeeeeet chariot. Comin' to taaaaake me hooooome.

Edited by Kintobor
  • Thumbs Up 3

"I can't believe I was beaten by a girl" is, like, the #1 most overused stock video game line of all time, not counting generic military jargon. I wouldn't assign it any more meaning than 'the writer needed Eggman to say something but was too lazy or pressed for time to actually think of a thing for him to say'.

• Thumbs Up 3

I replayed Rush a little while ago. It is not actually very well-written. I think that's all the explanation necessary.

Eggman is obviously a sexist.

Nah, but I don't think Eggman has ever considered anyone other than Sonic(and to an extent Tails, and Knuckles) as a threat, I mean he kidnapped Amy three times in a row, are you gonna take her seriously? And as far as Cream goes, I hardly think Eggman even cares about her. Blaze is the only one who actively went after Eggman, and gave him significant trouble other than Sonic, so its natural that this would come off as a surprise to him.

She is the female Shadow of this series, so of course she's tough and powerful.

This is completely unrelated to the topic, but holy cripes I'm seeing this being said so much and it makes no sense. Blaze is a good bit reserved, and shy. She also happens to be tough. Shadow is antisocial, brooding, and deadly arrogant; also with the tendency to be tough. Is the fact that both are tough, somewhat quiet and frown more often than others make where Blaze = Shadow? Because that in itself doesn't make much sense.

Seriously. Blaze is the Blaze of the series.

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 9

This is completely unrelated to the topic, but holy cripes I'm seeing this being said so much and it makes no sense. Blaze is a good bit reserved, and shy. She also happens to be tough. Shadow is antisocial, brooding, and deadly arrogant; also with the tendency to be tough. Is the fact that both are tough, somewhat quiet and frown more often than others make where Blaze = Shadow? Because that in itself doesn't make much sense.

Seriously. Blaze is the Blaze of the series.

I meant thatr despite different yet similar dispositions, they are mostly the most powerful character of thier genders in terms of toughness and power.

I mean feel free to refute.

While I do agree that there is some gap in power between Blaze and the rest of the females, the way you're stating it makes it come off as "Everyone sucks but Blaze", which is bull crap.

Power wise.

Your point? Power is something that really doesn't matter in this series, and having more of it doesn't automatically make you a better character.

Regarding that Sonic Heroes manual and it's interesting statements about Eggman, i for one has always been interested in what it meant when it said that Eggman is a "romanticist". Wikipedia describes romanticism as:

"The movement validated strong emotion as an authentic source of aesthetic experience, placing new emphasis on such emotions as trepidation, horror and terror and awe—especially that which is experienced in confronting the sublimity of untamed nature and its picturesque qualities, both new aesthetic categories. It elevated folk art and ancient custom to something noble, made spontaneity a desirable characteristic (as in the musical impromptu), and argued for a "natural" epistemology of human activities as conditioned by nature in the form of language and customary usage."

That doesn't exactly sound like the ideas of a man who shows no remorse over destroying nature and turning it's inhabitants into robots...

Blaze is the female everyone, and the entire series is her daydream she's having while she's looking into a snowglobe. :3

• Thumbs Up 1

Your point? Power is something that really doesn't matter in this series, and having more of it doesn't automatically make you a better character.

He didn't say they were the best (I mean he may think they are, but that wasn't what he was saying in his post)

He just said (as far as he in concerned) that they are the most physically powerful of their respective genders.

"I can't believe I was beaten by a girl" is, like, the #1 most overused stock video game line of all time, not counting generic military jargon.

This, this and more this.

"I can't believe I got beaten by a girl" said by a non-girl ties only in lameness with "You just got your ass kicked by a girl" said by a girl.

Both of those sayings need a punch in their face.

• Thumbs Up 1

Blaze is the female everyone, and the entire series is her daydream she's having while she's looking into a snowglobe. :3

Oh God, I used to have that Fosters comic on my old computer but then I got a new one.

Regarding that Sonic Heroes manual and it's interesting statements about Eggman, i for one has always been interested in what it meant when it said that Eggman is a "romanticist". Wikipedia describes romanticism as:

"The movement validated strong emotion as an authentic source of aesthetic experience, placing new emphasis on such emotions as trepidation, horror and terror and awe—especially that which is experienced in confronting the sublimity of untamed nature and its picturesque qualities, both new aesthetic categories. It elevated folk art and ancient custom to something noble, made spontaneity a desirable characteristic (as in the musical impromptu), and argued for a "natural" epistemology of human activities as conditioned by nature in the form of language and customary usage."

That doesn't exactly sound like the ideas of a man who shows no remorse over destroying nature and turning it's inhabitants into robots...

• Thumbs Up 1

Why the flying fuck did they put that in there, anyway?

EDIT: Is that implying romanticists and feminists are evil?

No, implying Eggman is affably evil, which he is.

Or were you not being serious?

Can't believe people forgot about the stuff in the Heroes manual.

ohwaiteveryonehatedheroes Nevermind. ;w;

Everyone forgets the manuals, even Sega.

Sega, stop saying Sonic is hot-tempered, damnit, (or make the writing match.)

Among other things.

Edited by Mysterics

If there's one thing I've learned from Naruto, it's that women are men who are completely useless. So no surprise that Eggman is surprised that Blaze could do something. ph34r.png

If there's one thing I've learned from Naruto, it's that women are men who are completely useless. So no surprise that Eggman is surprised that Blaze could do something. ph34r.png

OH SNAP!!! Fortunately, this isn't Naruto and the most of the girls actually get to do something(...most of the time).

What about Merlina? She's a full fledged antagonist in a game and would manage to beat Sonic himself if the Deus-Ex Excalibur transformation didn't occur. Blaze is quite a wimp next to her in terms of efficiency.

Well whaddaya know, i learned the exact same thing from Dragon Ball!

You know what, call me racist and shit, but, generally speaking, i think the japanese are a bit more sexist than westerners. And when i say "a bit", i actually mean a lot. Which is saying something considering how sexist western society still is.

Edited by batson

Well whaddaya know, i learned the exact same thing from Dragon Ball!

You know what, call me racist and shit, but, generally speaking, i think the japanese are a bit more sexist than westerners. And when i say "a bit", i actually mean a lot. Which is saying something considering how sexist western society still is.

Japan aren't sexist at all, they're just more traditional than other societies, and traditional says that Men are the big dogs.

Which is sexist.

But that said, women are usually weaker than men. There's a dozen men that look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime, but there's considerably less women that achieve the same. Or would want to.

As for Eggman talking to Blaze, I would have to agree with Koopalmer and say he did it to piss her off. That or he doesn't put muscular women in the "Girls" category. Either one.

Edited by Mr.Awesomest

If women in shonen manga and anime are men who are useless, does that mean Krillin was a woman the entire time? XD

All joking aside, I think it's possible that Eggman has quite a bit of respect for Blaze, based on her skills, even if he does become frustrated and angry with his enemies often. I think part of the reason Blaze was so angry with Eggman(Well, aside from taking her emeralds and putting reality in danger in the first place) may have been that she's used to dealing with Nega, who hasn't, at least from what we've seen, shown any redeemable qualities...that may explain why she was so quick to want to actually kill Eggman, while Sonic only wants to stop what Eggman's doing while doing minimal harm to the man himself.

Japan aren't sexist at all, they're just more traditional than other societies, and traditional says that Men are the big dogs.

How in the world can you consider a society where "men are the big dogs" as separate from a sexist society?! A society where men are considered superior to women and/or higher in rank is exactly what a sexist society is (and for that matter, so would a society where women are the top dogs and men are considered to be below them, but such a society of course doesn't actually exist at this point in history...). Honestly, going by your logic, a society where whites rank above blacks wouldn't necassarely have to be a racist society. Sorry if it sounds like im overreatcing, but im pretty flabergasted right now about what you said there...

Edited by batson