Awoo.

Sonic's coming back to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade!

Speederino

They just showed him off. First one! *lol, Splash Hill theme* Did you see him?! smile.png

Splash hill zone. They actually played Splash hill zone as music for Sonic.

Sega and Macy be trollin.

Edited by the blu blur

DAMNIT! Was watching on abc, then switched to CBS cuz everyone was screaming and saw seasame street float...

don't fucking tell me..

I fucking missed him again!?

DAMNIT! Was watching on abc, then switched to CBS cuz everyone was screaming and saw seasame street float...

don't fucking tell me..

I fucking missed him again!?

..........................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................................................

.............................................................................................................................................................................

*eye twitch*

*storms off running*

Listen carefully, you can make out Splash Hill. Also Sonic is now officially a toy. =p Art thou mad?

And from the air.

You sir, are a godsend.

Thanks, but I just found them, didn't upload them. chances are there will be much better quality vids as the day goes on.

EDIT: People cheering Sonic's name in the second video. <3

Whoa! You're right they are, took me a few seconds to register it but yup, the crowd is chanting Sonic's name... it's like it's 1991 all over again!

• Thumbs Up 8

Wouldn't it had made more sense if they repaired the classic balloon or remade it and have it air on the parade alongside the modern balloon, since they brought classic Sonic back for Generations?

Eh, I might just be doing more nostalgia complaining.

CP from my FB. And no, don't ask, I won't give it out.

"

I'm upset that I missed seeing the Sonic Balloon TWICE!

...... and my little brother knew about it all along. And he saw it. And rubbed it in my face. I didn't think he could stoop so low!

..... thankfully I got over the anger of missing the float before I found this out. How? They showed a picture of this kid watching the parade and he's pointing and smiling. Guess what was on the screen? SONIC! ♥

Nothing warms my heart more than seeing a little kid enjoy Sonic. ♥"

I had no idea my little brother could stoop that low.

I was surprised Sonic was at the very begining of the parade, I figured he'd be somewhere in the middle.

But damn, that is an impressive balloon.They detailed this guy to the teeth. Quite a step up from the other Sonic, enemy to lamposts everywhere.

Edited by LimeTH
  • Thumbs Up 4

Did anyone else almost shed a tear? I know I did.

Given the downhills and uphills Sonic has been going through, it's great to know he's still popular enough to take part in one of the most iconic traditions in America.

The cynical part of me wonders just... how much Sega paid to be in FRONT of the line (I imagine it'd be like paying to be the first televised commercial during the Super Bowl). But to hell with it, that balloon was well-designed and awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1

Why are they using Splash Hill Zone for the parade...

Cos in crystal clear quality with thousands of people cheering... it actually sounds fucking awesome!

Still looking for some actual street level footage, I doubt we'll see much of any until later this week. I kinda like Splash Hill in this scene.

His shoes are 22ft long!

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 3

Oh well thats neat. but why that one? why not the normal mix? how strange...

Because not even Jun likes the original. =P

Really though, I absolutely was amazed at how Sonic was the first thing in the whole parade. They really were making him something significant for this parade! I mean, I guess they're just proud of how he's the first video game character that appeared in the Macy's parade and that it's his 20th anniversary. The Splash Hill mix was really good too. Unexpected (I lol'd when I heard it), but I'm glad they used the Olympics mix.. although using Generations music would've probably been the better idea.

(Also unrelated to Sonic, but I'm so proud of how Pikachu's cheeks lit up as the US first season Pokemon opener played in the background. Totally caught me off guard, I was left in awe ;_; )

Edited by Azukara
  • Thumbs Up 2

This is amazing.

&

..I love you Hogfather.

Around the :30 to :34 second mark, did I hear that young boy shout 'happy 20th anniversary?' Awww, that's so ADWORABLE...

Okay, I missed it yesterday. But the footage here is definitely good. Especially the street level one.