Awoo.

An Immortal Glass Cannon.

CrownSlayer’s Shadow

Shadow's physical strength is offset by his relatively weak mental state. Sonic is incredibly cool under pressure and never changes his personality, while Shadow is full of grief and angst, and is often too busy contemplating his life to get things done. He's very indecisive at times. If you took him to a psychologist, imagine all the things he'd be diagnosed with!

Shadow's physical strength is offset by his relatively weak mental state. Sonic is incredibly cool under pressure and never changes his personality, while Shadow is full of grief and angst, and is often too busy contemplating his life to get things done. He's very indecisive at times. If you took him to a psychologist, imagine all the things he'd be diagnosed with!

So...mental instability is his weakness? Wonder what would happen if we put a Dementor near him...

>:3

Edited by Enigma2

I figure Shadow like this. He's like a Chaos Battery, but his inhibitor rings prevent him from using up more then a certain amount of energy, so he does not become physically weak from consuming too much energy. With this restriction, he can't use anywhere near the full extent of his powers, therefore he has little to no recharge time (I also figure that the rings help him recharge far faster, as well as inhibiting his powers). If the takes the inhibitor rings off, all his power is released very quickly, therefore he gets a very big increase in power for a little bit, but it wears him out physically very fast.

To counter for his added chaos powers, I figure he is not as skilled as his mach speed as someone like Sonic (Example: Sonic can turn far faster then Shadow. Basically, Shadow is as fast as Sonic in a straight line, but he can't handle his speed as well as Sonic can. Also, I figure Shadow can not ram stuff using his speed), so he relies on a mix of speed and Chaos powers to fight.

As for defense, I'd say he's like Sonic in which he spends most of his time defending dodging, and if he takes a hit, he can't take many.

Thoughts?

I figure Shadow like this. He's like a Chaos Battery, but his inhibitor rings prevent him from using up more then a certain amount of energy, so he does not become physically weak from consuming too much energy. With this restriction, he can't use anywhere near the full extent of his powers, therefore he has little to no recharge time (I also figure that the rings help him recharge far faster, as well as inhibiting his powers). If the takes the inhibitor rings off, all his power is released very quickly, therefore he gets a very big increase in power for a little bit, but it wears him out physically very fast.

To counter for his added chaos powers, I figure he is not as skilled as his mach speed as someone like Sonic (Example: Sonic can turn far faster then Shadow. Basically, Shadow is as fast as Sonic in a straight line, but he can't handle his speed as well as Sonic can. Also, I figure Shadow can not ram stuff using his speed), so he relies on a mix of speed and Chaos powers to fight.

As for defense, I'd say he's like Sonic in which he spends most of his time defending dodging, and if he takes a hit, he can't take many.

Thoughts?

Yeah thats no proven at all. Only fan made conjecture and the fact Shadow can do anything Sonic can do.

To be honest, i never liked him having that namesake when he clearly can be beaten by not only Sonic anyway.

Consider Tails, his tails have enough power to slash through metal and steel. Not to mention he nearly rivals Eggman in intelligence and he isn't even through his teenage years yet. He also has the ability to fly for periods of time.

Tails is a super-genius, I'm pretty sure if the circumstances were right, Tails could fight toe-to-toe with Shadow with the thought of Brain over Brawn.

It would be absolutely boring if the characters were given tiers. It all depends on who's fighting and what strategies they can use, I can think up plenty of ways Tails could at least get the upper hand against Shadow. Sonic and Shadow may be the strongest, but that doesn't mean they are impossible to beat.

And FYI, Shadow was called the Ultimate Life Form for one reason. Not in every way imaginable.

See Sonic X.

That would actually make him more destructive if it weren't for the fact that he's gotten past that stage of grieving and angst.

If anything, Shadow is the calmer one under pressure whereas Sonic is just the more wise-cracking one.

I'd like a character who has flaws, thanks. It doesn't matter if you are calm or a retarded teen, there should be some degree of balance so that the character can be defeated under the right circumstances.

I was talking personality-wise. I don't care about the fighting. :V

But, anyway, Shadow did get beat several times. He's too full of himself and underestimates too much people he thinks are weak, so he doesn't try defending himself with all his strenght when fighting "weak" people.

To be honest, I've always wanted to see Shadow as something of a mage-type character, if that makes any sense. You know, the kind of guy that has all the awesome-looking, ridiculously destructive powers on his side, but they all take an age and a half to charge to reasonable effect. Anyone who's ever mained or at least played Genis Sage in a Tales of Symphonia game probably has a good idea of what I'm getting at.

The thing is, I'm not terribly sure many people would want to see Shadow as a support character, because it's proven even without retardedly powerful Chaos moves that he can still hold his own - I just wish he didn't specialize in fucking everything to some great extent. He can actively keep pace with Sonic and even knows the majority of his moves, can flip buses and carry gigantic miniguns with one hand, can fucking stop time, teleport and arbitarily blow shit up, has his own Super form... for fuck's sake, no one character should be able to do all of that singlehandedly. Honestly, if you could just offset his physical strength and mobility in favour of Chaos-based gameplay (though obviously not to such an extent of "oh god I need someone protecting me otherwise I'll get interrupted during charge times" support status), that would already be a great balancing improvment in my eyes.

Yeah thats no proven at all. Only fan made conjecture and the fact Shadow can do anything Sonic can do.

Well, this is kind of a fan speculation topic isn't it?

See Sonic X.

If we are talking about Game Shadow, this is not canon. Shadow was pretty much a God-Mod in that show, IMO. They made him too powerful, especially in that episode where he is trying to kill Cosmo. Okay, he can beat Sonic, but in like 15 seconds, and Knuckles too? Okay that's overpowered now.

But, anyway, Shadow did get beat several times. He's too full of himself and underestimates too much people he thinks are weak, so he doesn't try defending himself with all his strenght when fighting "weak" people.

Edited by Chaos Nightmare Moon

Besides not being as smart as Eggman or Tails and being somewhat unstable mentally, I like to think him as having slower reflexes than Sonic. Sonic spends much more time boosting around, so he should perceive everything as being slower than what others can see. If that's true, then Sonic should be able to notice what Shadow was going to do and quickly act. In that case Shadow's greater power wouldn't be a great advantage since Sonic would be able to predict his moves.

But I don't have any proofs of this. Do you?

Besides not being as smart as Eggman or Tails and being somewhat unstable mentally, I like to think him as having slower reflexes than Sonic. Sonic spends much more time boosting around, so he should perceive everything as being slower than what others can see. If that's true, then Sonic should be able to notice what Shadow was going to do and quickly act. In that case Shadow's greater power wouldn't be a great advantage since Sonic would be able to predict his moves.

But I don't have any proofs of this. Do you?

Shadow has the ability to warp time and space without an emerald, do you think Sonic is Naturally faster than that then.

Shadow has hypersonic reflexes to, That and a big durabilty since in generations he can withstead meteror crashes from Sonic's own boost colision.

Shadow also can react to Sonic just fine, he's the same speed as him.

Shadow has the ability to warp time and space without an emerald, do you think Sonic is Naturally faster than that then.

Shadow has hypersonic reflexes to, That and a big durabilty since in generations he can withstead meteror crashes from Sonic's own boost colision.

Shadow also can react to Sonic just fine, he's the same speed as him.

I don't think we've ever been shown Sonic and Shadow racing at full speed. And I imagine Chaos Control must be energy-draining since Shadow doesn't use it so often. Otherwise he would probably warp wherever he wanted to go and complete his missions nearly instantly rather than going through entire stages and such.

Then why doesn't he do it all the time?

If Shadow is as fast as Sonic without any handicap, then with his rocket skates as an aid to his already natural supersonic speed (which, you're the only one making this claim, by the way) shouldn't Shadow therefore be faster than Sonic?

• Thumbs Up 1

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

When will you get through your rose-tended glasses that Shadow has never fought any of the other characters in the canon games other than Sonic, Silver, and Eggman (excluding one-shot characters).

He's never fought Tails, Knuckles, Rouge, Amy, Vector, Cream, Big, Blaze, and so forth, so he hasn't even won against them either.

To be fair, I think Shadow vs. the likes of Cream, Big, Amy is an obvious outcome.

In what situation? A head on fight, chances are pretty obvious (although I think Big would be a strong contender).

Any other situation, then it depends all on the skills of the character. Cream may not be the most skilled character in the series, but if you can put them in the right circumstances, it wouldn't be too farfetched for her to have a shot at beating a powerhouse of a character.

Then why doesn't he do it all the time?

If Shadow is as fast as Sonic without any handicap, then with his rocket skates as an aid to his already natural supersonic speed (which, you're the only one making this claim, by the way) shouldn't Shadow therefore be faster than Sonic?

Didn't he win/lose against a bunch of people in the story mode (i.e. the canon part, not just multiplayer or challenge mode shenanigans) of Sonic Battle?

Yeah, upon checking up on that, Shadow was defeated by Sonic, Emerl, and Tails in fights. And Shadow won fights against Guard Robos, Gamma, and Emerl in his story mode while playable.

So Tails has fought- and beat- Shadow in a canon confrontation according to Sonic Battle.

Didn't he win/lose against a bunch of people in the story mode (i.e. the canon part, not just multiplayer or challenge mode shenanigans) of Sonic Battle?

Yeah, upon checking up on that, Shadow was defeated by Sonic, Emerl, and Tails in fights. And Shadow won fights against Guard Robos, Gamma, and Emerl in his story mode while playable.

So Tails has fought- and beat- Shadow in a canon confrontation according to Sonic Battle.

But then he was supossedly weakened in Sonic Battle. He even fainted (like a Pokemon) and Rouge had to take him to her place.

I don't want Shadow to be a glass cannon for the fact he will be more ass pullish than skilled in a fight. Sasuke Uchiha for example, he can get obliterated in one hit by Naruto's FRS but PIS makes him protected with his unholy god mods of sharingan hax which of course are ass pulls. Sasuke also is the biggest loser in the series, he always gets hyped than gets his ass kicked more by other characters until someone or something saved him at the last minute.

I don't want Shadow to be the Sasuke, trapped in a never ending unquantifiable feat circus.

Isn't his speed (as fast as Sonic) from his rocket shoes, and not already? As far as I know, his ability to rival Sonic in speed is from his shoes.

No actually his body is the source of his speed(He's full of chaos energy). The shoes just compress his chaos energy into movement.

a never ending unquantifiable feat circus.

What is a feat circus? I don't mean to mock you, I've just honestly never heard this term.

Ya know, thinking back on it. I don't think the problem is finding a weakness for Shadow, more of trying not to play him up as being this all powerful god. In Sonic X, he beats everyone with little, to no effort at all, not only does this make the other characters look pathetic, but it really makes whatever confrontation Shadow gets in boring, because you know he's going to win without any struggle at all.

I wouldn't mind him winning all of the time if he actually had to earn to those victories, as in actually try and win, rather than walking over his enemy with no effort.

As for his powers restraining him; Nothing shown suggest that he doesn't posses the same stamina as Sonic, but things change when he uses his rings, then stamina plays a game. I think unless using his inhibitor rings, he's more or less on par with Sonic, bar none.

I always found the concept of inhibitor rings amusing, because it kind of implies that Amy has "hidden power" too. XD

• Thumbs Up 1