Awoo.

Iizuka: “We Will Probably See Sonic Going into Other Genres of Games”

Detective Shadzter

What does that mean though? Sonic has already been in loads of different sorts of media: comics, TV, children's books, etc.

An official Sonic radio station/show?

You know you want it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd like t osee another racing game. I loved All-stars. It's one of my favorites. A fighting game maybe? Okay Capcom/Dimps please work your magic.

Sonic ULTRA: Sonic Boom.

I am find with anything as long as people enjoy and Sega learns and study what every they do so that they can understand and make it an enjoyable experience that people will come back for seconds

I'd like t osee another racing game. I loved All-stars. It's one of my favorites. A fighting game maybe? Okay Capcom/Dimps please work your magic.

Sonic ULTRA: Sonic Boom.

If they do make a new racing game, I hope it waits until the next gen consoles come out. Maybe a Wii U launch title or 3DS sequal to all stars racing would be nice.

Sounds interesting, if they have proper execution, it'll be all good.

New 52 episode Sonic anime based off the Unleashed-Colors-Generations arc followed by a theatrical movie as the series finale of said animated series, animated by Gainax, Yuji Uekawa as head Character designer, a Main theme by Crush 40 played during the opening, licensed by Funimation or Viz media, and using the current english cast.

...I can dream dammit.

THIS. Yes, I'd love to watch that, but I'd probably watch it subbed. 4Kids is kinda whoring out Sonic X too much.

Street Fighter vs. Sonic the Hedgehog.

That would be an odd, but awesome game. Capcom Vs SEGA is also acceptable.

Edited by Spider-Man Noir

I would like another Sonic TV show the most. Guess we'll just have to see what happens from here on out. Tis all really exciting!

I don't mind this, as long as he keeps the "different genres" in spinoffs, and not in the main series games. Also, other media.....TV show? Please keep 4kids off of it.

I'd be ok with this if I was confident that Sonic Team could keep the quality and gameplay of the main games consistent with what Colors and Generations established, or better yet, improve that. But because I'm not, I don't like the idea of their focus straying from where it needs to be.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't mind Sonic branching out so long as the core mechanics stay the same or we're talking about true spin offs ala ASR. I think it would be kind of cool to do a Sonic game set in a Hyrule-esque fantasy setting—think Black Knight on steroids and without the sword.

I want my Eggman RTS, dammit!!!

Think about it... it could be like a tower defense game. But instead of protecting your base from hordes of enemies, you protect it from Sonic.

You build traps and badniks to slow him down, and the more you slow him down, the more time you have to prepare a boss machine that you personally control.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd love to see some slice-of-life 3D animated shorts featuring the core cast. I'd also really be up for a main-console action-RPG with a really vast world and plenty of parkour/free-running-esque scope for exploring.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh also, pleeeeease SEGA, fulfill my dream of an Ape Escape style platformer staring Orbot, Cubot, and Eggman as they capture animals to power badniks.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm very glad to hear this. I think it's AWESOME news that they're not going to keep playing safe, though at the same time I hope they don't get too crazy too soon either. 'Other media' intrigues me and although it's probably wishful thinking, I'd love another Sonic show. :D As far as other genres, I'd be cool with almost anything if it's executed right. Bring it on.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh this is good news.

I really don't mind the changes at all. Just keep it fresh Sega and things should be fine. :P

Call me a skeptic, because I'm not entirely convinced about this given how they haven't balanced other genres of games they put Sonic in...well from those that I've played.

Not that I'm against the idea, but while I have more trust in Sonic Team when it comes to mainstream titles, I'm a little worrisome about the spin-offs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Racing on feet, Generations style or a new fighting game. That would be awesome. XP

Or another rpg would be nice. I'd also like some CG animated holiday specials starring the core cast. Just imagine how hilarious a valentines day short would be with Sonic and Amy. Or A Christmas Carol starring Eggman! Oh the possibilities are endless.

A fighting or racing game would be really cool! Not looking forward to the possibility of lots of sports and party games, though. Okay, yeah another Sonic Shuffle would be great if done really well, but I hate sports video games and putting a platformer brand-name on it doesn't help.

New Sonic media, though? Movie or tv show, please. And they better make that if it's CGI, it isn't utter trash like the majority of CG movies / shows. <_> Animated though, I could totally get around. Especially if done traditionally.