Awoo.

Planet Wisp annoys me.

TheDanimator

I absolutely LOVED it!

I love how deadly they made the stage for both Sonic's, it is the last stage in the game, thus should be treated as such.

The Scrap Brain/Metallic Madness theme contraptions and missiles made this stage fun as hell, a true representation of Man vs Nature.

Their is a little too much 2D in Moderns stage, but it's not really anything I really care about.

I agree with the others about the amount of 2D in Modern's Planet Wisp. Other than the lack of 3D sections in the latter half though, I enjoy the level. Classic's has a tad too much Spike Wisp going on but again, love it anyway.

I liked Planet Wisp. I never played it on Colors though, but its a beutiful and challangeing stage. A little dissapointed there are only two wisps to use.

I liked it, as others have said, it feels quite Scrap Brainish with all the buzzsaws. (Also reminded me of the sawmill stage from The Simpsons Game, weirdly...)

My main nitpick was I would've preferred a different colour power for Modern Sonic instead of rocket. Laser could've had some awesome set pieces/camera angles. But what's up with the ability to overcharge and fail to launch the rocket? That got pretty damn frustrating when I'd screw up a rocket at the end and get crushed, wasting 6 minutes worth of effort to get an S rank >_<

Sorry, I didnt clarify, im talking specifically about modern sonic.

I just wish the stage was mostly behind the back style.

quagmire_medium.jpg

I loved it! Although I could have done without that final bit during Modern before the goal. Where the roof comes down on you and you have to run like hell to get a rocket wisp just to run like hell to get to the middle and blast through before your S Rank is squashed... along with little 'ol Sonics skull...

Planet Wisp may have been my second least favorite zone in the game, to be honest. First most likely being Rooftop Run. I don't know what it was exactly, but I just couldn't get into it. The massive amount of Spike wisps in the classic stage were annoying and I actually really liked the way the first minute or so was with Modern Sonic, being in the forest and all, but then it changed to the construction side and the whole thing was 2D with rockets everywhere.

It wasn't horrible or anything, but just not my first choice in a level Id go back to play for fun. If they had added a bit more of wisp variety, that would have been great along with changing some of Modern Sonic's level design and making it more of exploring and running around what's left of the natural part of the planet rather than going through the construction site most of the time like we did in Colors and the classic act.

Planet Wisp Modern was pretty fun, I rather enjoyed using the Rocket Wisp in those 2D sections, though I miss skydiving after using it, but that's a very minor complaint really.

Planet Wisp Classic was fucking horrid. The Spike Wisp was awful to control, nearly the entire level was dedicated to it, and the level kept dragging on and on and on. It's easily the worst stage in the entire game, no contest.

Planet Wisp was easily my least favorite stage in the game. The pink wisp was annoyingly overused in act 1, and act 2 was fun in the forest, but then they literally decided that they were done with the 3D with the minor exception of the quick step part in between the two factories. Then again, I guess their source material for Planet Wisp was just about entirely 2D as well...

I LOVED Planet Wisp...my only gripe with it was Modern Sonic's version (WAY TOO MUCH 2D, WHY? Classic Sonic's version is ALL 2D!)

Edited by KrazyBean14

Planet Wisp annoyed me at first, but's it's grown on me. I would have preferred if there was more of the forest area instead of the construction part though.

Edited by StarlightStorm

It's growning on me too, actually. Classic's is annoying as hell though, despite being fairly fun I just take hits all over the damn place. Modern's I've mostly got down, it is a lot of fun, but I do regret there not being a 3D finale or something, but it's already pretty long (which was a good thing actually!). Even Modern Crisis City I can do with no hits or like one max, but Classic Planet Wisp still rapes my rings, which is odd as it's actually otherwise not hard and I've never actually died on it.

The only level with decent length. Beautiful too. I like it, but the Pink wisp segment near the end of the stage annoys the hell out of me.

Both are some of my favorite stages in the game. The scenery is amazing, the level design is fantastic, the Wisp powers are still awesome...I love pretty much everything about it, really. d: