Awoo.

Would you like another world-travel themed game?

Chaos Warp

The topic centers around the question: Would you like another world-travel themed game?

I would, for the purpose of retconning other versions of Sonic's world and setting the perfect one in stone. It would be a world map again, but it would show all the places that Sonic has been to on it (not that you could go to all these locations, yes I know that is a cock-block, but I think it's a needed one). Of course, you would play in new zones. This game would show that Sonic's world is a mix of the over-saturated Genesis environments and the Unleashed-type environments, where obviously the humans live (the playable zones would reflect this). It would also show that there is other anthropomorphic animals like Sonic on this world, in the more Human-y locations it would be a 50-50 mix, but in the more surreal locations, if there was a village, it would be all antros. So in short, more realistic environments=humans living in them, and anthropomorphic animals living in surreal environments, and they would be shown to mix well in Sonic's version of earth.

Thoughts?

Edited by Chaos Warp

I'm okay with zones that look like real places (especially Venice - Soleanna didn't do it justice) as long as:

1. They still feel like Sonic zones. Remember, fit the world around Sonic, not the other way around.

2. Mix your Rooftop Runs and Jungle Joyrides with your Music Plants and Sweet Mountains. If the Sonic world is able to contain both nice-looking Unleashed/SA1 locations and surreal Genesis/Advance/Colours worlds, I'm happy.

As for NPCs, I'm not bothered. They can be humans, they can be anthros, they can be a mix of both. As long as they're Unleashed-style (humans) and/or not-fancharacter-like (anthros), it's all good.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd love to see more of Sonics World, I understand why it wouldn't work for Generations or Colours, but I'm hoping for either a Sonic Adventure/Sonic 2006 styled world where you traverse a part of the world or something like Unleashed where you get smaller places but across all of the world, I think it makes the game more immersive in terms of story-telling, which is the only thing so far lacking a bit in the latest Sonic games.

I'm probably in minority about the NPC's though, I still want back the "realistic" humans of Sonic Adventure -> Sonic 2006.

Edited by Tobbii
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm okay with zones that look like real places (especially Venice - Soleanna didn't do it justice) as long as:

1. They still feel like Sonic zones. Remember, fit the world around Sonic, not the other way around.

2. Mix your Rooftop Runs and Jungle Joyrides with your Music Plants and Sweet Mountains. If the Sonic world is able to contain both nice-looking Unleashed/SA1 locations and surreal Genesis/Advance/Colours worlds, I'm happy.

As for NPCs, I'm not bothered. They can be humans, they can be anthros, they can be a mix of both. As long as they're Unleashed-style (humans) and/or not-fancharacter-like (anthros), it's all good.

I agree with you 100%, expect for the NPC's thing. For Genesis-like locations, I want it to be all anthro, because it fits better. For more Human-Esque locations, I want a mix of humans and anthros. Having more anthros, IMO, would make it feel more like Sonic's world, and make him feel less out of place.

I agree with you 100%, expect for the NPC's thing. For Genesis-like locations, I want it to be all anthro, because it fits better. For more Human-Esque locations, I want a mix of humans and anthros. Having more anthros, IMO, would make it feel more like Sonic's world, and make him feel less out of place.

That's what I meant. I'd rather have humans and anthros mix together if given the choice, since as you said, it'd make for less "Why does no one care about a blue hedgehog in town" questions.

Sure but nix the time stuff. At least give it a break.

Iiii'm not really wanting it to be more anthros around. It'll feel like a furry fan character convention. UNLESS the npc furries are drawin in a different style than the core cast of characters.

I'm actually quite fine with all NPC's being human. I mean I guess I'd be okay if there was quirky talking rabbit selling merchandise on the east side of the hub world. But I'm so used to Sonic n friends being the oddities that they are in a somewhat human dominated society.

So I dunno. Maybe like how it is in Dragon Ball. You know how you see an anthro dog or cat every once in a while in the background? Something like that.

But that's just in city/civilization.

Out in the middle of nowhere you can go buck wild with the settings.

Edited by Dejablue

I'm fine with traversing the world of Sonic but I don't want it to be another "Sonic's Adventure to Bermany" type of thing. As well executed as it was for a one-off thing in Unleashed, Sonic already covered the significant stereotypes that apply to the real world enough to make the zones in that game varied and more of that would just feel like it's clinging onto a concept that's limiting the zany creativity that the designers used in say, Sonic Heroes.

I'd rather they take inspiration from vistas of the real world and applying them to completely custom tailored zones instead of using Sonic's gimmicks as an inspiration for them to build a scenario around our world.

I'm probably in minority about the NPC's though, I still want back the "realistic" humans of Sonic Adventure -> Sonic 2006.

Seeing how the NPC's in Sonic Adventure were less realistic and more "Anime" inspired, it's understandable.

I think actually setting in stone the geography of Sonic's world is a bad idea, as it limits them in future games - or forces them to retcon it later on, as in the mysterious case of the restored moon. Slices of world map aren't a bad idea - maps of areas, possibly large ones - but I'd avoid a globe, personally.

An actual globe-trotting adventure, though? Sure, why not - just so long as the character is different from Unleashed, since they've been there and done that. Rip off some natural wonders of the world rather than famed cities.

As for anthropomorphic NPCs, they could just have some generic ones, or design them in a really boring way so that they don't look like fancharacters or anything people have to get upset about. Like bigger versions of the animals the earlier games were spent in rescuing.

As long as I can revisit locations like Chemical Plant or Angel Island next to locations like Empire City and Chun-nan, why the hell not?

One other demand: Bring Eggmanland back. I didn't like how hard the level was, but dammit if I didn't squeal with excitement seeing Eggman FINALLY create his city.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think actually setting in stone the geography of Sonic's world is a bad idea, as it limits them in future games - or forces them to retcon it later on, as in the mysterious case of the restored moon. Slices of world map aren't a bad idea - maps of areas, possibly large ones - but I'd avoid a globe, personally.

An actual globe-trotting adventure, though? Sure, why not - just so long as the character is different from Unleashed, since they've been there and done that. Rip off some natural wonders of the world rather than famed cities.

As for anthropomorphic NPCs, they could just have some generic ones, or design them in a really boring way so that they don't look like fancharacters or anything people have to get upset about. Like bigger versions of the animals the earlier games were spent in rescuing.

Well, mabye not completely set in stone, but I want it to show that both Unleashed-type locales (obviously, this is where the humans would be) and over-saturated with colour Genesis-style locales exist in the same world.

Well, the point of World Adventure was to visit real-world locales with a Sonic twist, so I don't see how adding zanier environments that aren't based off of the real world will fit the criteria.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against more colorful and fantastical environments, but isn't it just enough to mesh that with the real world considering what the game's supposed to be about? I'm kind of interested in seeing some takes on Ireland, Tokyo and perhaps even Canada.

Maybe since Eggmanland was the last level for Unleashed 1, maybe Unleashed 2 could have a space-themed final level, kind of like the Death Egg, since that was Eggman's other magnum opus.

And, by the way, I'm sure it goes without saying, but no Werehog please.

In fact, just call it Sonic World Adventure outside of Japan to remove the stigma, and call it SWA 2 in Japan.

Well, the point of World Adventure was to visit real-world locales with a Sonic twist, so I don't see how adding zanier environments that aren't based off of the real world will fit the criteria.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against more colorful and fantastical environments, but isn't it just enough to mesh that with the real world considering what the game's supposed to be about? I'm kind of interested in seeing some takes on Ireland, Tokyo and perhaps even Canada.

Maybe since Eggmanland was the last level for Unleashed 1, maybe Unleashed 2 could have a space-themed final level, kind of like the Death Egg, since that was Eggman's other magnum opus.

And, by the way, I'm sure it goes without saying, but no Werehog please.

In fact, just call it Sonic World Adventure outside of Japan to remove the stigma, and call it SWA 2 in Japan.

I don't want an Unleashed 2, I want a world-travel themed game that shows that Unleashed-like locales and the more colorful environments are mixed in together in Sonic's world.

I don't want an Unleashed 2, I want a world-travel themed game that shows that Unleashed-like locales and the more colorful environments are mixed in together in Sonic's world.

..isn't what I said exactly what "another world-travel themed game" is implying?

It'd be like making "another outer space themed Mario game" and not calling it Mario Galaxy 2.

..isn't what I said exactly what "another world-travel themed game" is implying?

It'd be like making "another outer space themed Mario game" and not calling it Mario Galaxy 2.