Awoo.

Are the power rings made of chaos energy?

Blazey Firekitty

Because unless it's all planned out from the start, it tends to raise more questions than it answers. Again, what possible justification can there be to find a TV containing a pair of shoes in a centuries-old pyramid?

Maybe Eggman is just a masochistic bastard who likes to leave springs and collectibles in his wake to give Sonic an extra edge? :P It wouldn't surprise me, given the recent characterization of Sonic/Eggman in Colours and Generations, who seem to be more caught up in the thrill of their rivalry than the stake of the planet, like they're supposed to be.

Nah I'm just pulling stuff out of my arse now, but I still think a monitor factory level would be the bomb.

Maybe Eggman is just a masochistic bastard who likes to leave springs and collectibles in his wake to give Sonic an extra edge? tongue.png

"Ooh, Looky here Sonic, a Self-Destruct button on my robot! Go ahead, press it!"

Why would Dr. Eggman help Sonic? XD Is Eggman Mario's new Bowser to Sonic?

Edited by Future-Hedgehog

Eggman building the monitors seems even more likely given that Sonic 3 and Knuckles had Eggman faced monitors that hurt you, almost as if he didn't want to give Sonic too much of an advantage, but just enough to be interesting.

Edit:

"Ooh, Looky here Sonic, a Self-Destruct button on my robot! Go ahead, press it!"

"The jolly CANDY like button!"

Edited by Blazey Firekitty
  • Thumbs Up 3

The exact same justification to explain why gold rings, springs, dash panels/boosters and Omochao can be found lying around this same Pyramid, or whatever other ancient area being explored. It's all a simple quirk of the world the characters live in, nothing more. tongue.png

It's not like there's a need to explain how these things appeared

And that's the thing. It's not an explanation, and there isn't one. If you assume these things actually happen and aren't just gameplay, and you admit to not having any explanation, that's basically saying that Sonic's world is nonsense. Integrating gameplay elements into the story and discussing how elements could work becomes pointless, because we've decided that insane things happen for no reason.

Why would Dr. Eggman help Sonic? XD Is Eggman Mario's new Bowser to Sonic?

He's a madman with a love of the theatrical (the Joker of the Sonic series if you will, only a bit more like camp old Joker than Jack Nicholson or Heath Ledger) - would you honestly put it past him? I can certainly see him scattering about both advantages (monitors, springs) and disadvantages (spikes) just for the sheer thrill of it.

That said, I was initially joking when I said Eggman may have put the monitors there.

He's a madman with a love of the theatrical (the Joker of the Sonic series if you will, only a bit more like camp old Joker than Jack Nicholson or Heath Ledger) - would you honestly put it past him? I can certainly see him scattering about both advantages (monitors, springs) and disadvantages (spikes) just for the sheer thrill of it.

That said, I was initially joking when I said Eggman may have put the monitors there.

I can see where you're going. Eggman is kind-of like the Joker in a way, I also think its because Eggman's kind-of immature...

People use gold for currency. I guess cause rings = some kind of power boost, I wouldn't be surprised if people want to use it as a "trade" type of item or money.

People use gold for currency. I guess cause rings = some kind of power boost, I wouldn't be surprised if people want to use it as a "trade" type of item or money.

Power Boost?...I'm sorry...that's dirty...I was thinking of why the humans in Sonic needed it...like that one guy in 06...

Power Boost?...I'm sorry...that..that's dirty...I was thinking of why the humans in Sonic needed it...

"Get fifty rings worth of confidence with all natural Enzyte!"

"and you'll be BLAST processing!"

LOL, I should have seen that coming. XD

Oh, I just remembered...anyone remember how Super Mecha Sonic, at the end of Knuckles' S3andK story, would fire rings at you when his health was low?

Oh, I just remembered...anyone remember how Super Mecha Sonic, at the end of Knuckles' S3andK story, would fire rings at you when his health was low?

Maybe it was like when a boss got hit or got beaten in Colors and rings flew out that you could collect? Or did you lose rings when you touched them?

LOL, I should have seen that coming. XD

For the record, those were definitely decoy/false Rings - they definitely looked like they were made of some kind of metal, or a material different to the Rings you collect through the rest of the game.

@Future-Hedgehog: Nope, you're right, you could collect those. ^_^

@Gamenerd: Perhaps that was something of an early version of the dummy ring bombs that Tails and Rouge would later use. ^_^

@Future-Hedgehog: Nope, you're right, you could collect those. happy.png

In Colors or Sonic 3 and Knuckles? I was talking about Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I was saying that it might be how you could collect rings in Colors after the Final Boss was beaten, and I was asking if you got injured when you touched the false rings in S3andK.

And that's the thing. It's not an explanation, and there isn't one. If you assume these things actually happen and aren't just gameplay, and you admit to not having any explanation, that's basically saying that Sonic's world is nonsense. Integrating gameplay elements into the story and discussing how elements could work becomes pointless, because we've decided that insane things happen for no reason.

In Colors or Sonic 3 and Knuckles? I was talking about Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I was saying that it might be how you could collect rings in Colors after the Final Boss was beaten, and I was asking if you got injured when you touched the false rings in S3andK.