Awoo.

Solaris vs. Time Eater

Chaos Nightmare Moon

. Solaris existed at all points of time and had to be beaten in at all points of time. meaning that Super Siliver, Super Shadow and Super Sonic had to be fast enough to appear in the past , present and future , simulatiously. that or they were just spaming chaos control.

also eggman was infected by Plot induce Stupidy in this one, as he could have easly use the think to erase both sonics from exitence but didn't. of course they could be the fact them many recent Sonic final bosses suffer from plot induce stupidy in order to let sonic win.

But thats my opinion who's more powerful to you.

Solaris and Time Eater are old time buddies. They've known each other since elementary school and they're still bros today. :P

In all seriousness this is a close one. Solaris could had in fact got away with cosmic destruction if Sonic didn't got revived. But Time Eater in a way uses Solaris' minions so this would be close. I'll say Solaris since it took 3 super hedgehogs to beat it and it could destroyed the world. :P

• Thumbs Up 2

Solaris easily.

There was nothing particularly formidable about the Time Eater compared to Solaris. Time Eater is never directly stated to have the ability to consume space. When the two Super Sonic's destroy it, they don't have to mess about with destroying it's consciousness or wiping it out of existence by nipping it in the bud whilst it is in a harmless state like Solaris.

Solaris was so omnipotent and powerful that 3 super forms couldn't destroy it. The only way they could incapacitate it was merely ruin it's consciousness then go back in time and wipe it out of existance before it ever evolved beyond a tiny flame. It was also a transcendental phenomenon, existing in all time periods at once, basically it was omnipresent. Time Eater was never shown to be as powerful or omnipresent as that.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 8

I'd say Solaris as well since it:

A. Could exist in the past, present and future simultaneously.

B. It took three Super forms to at least defeat him.

C. The only way to truly destroy it was by going back in time when it was still a tiny flame.

But unlike Solaris, who had a lot of bulid-up and backstory throughout 06', the Time Eater didn't have as much backstory. The only bit of info we get about it was it can harness the power to distort time and space and was just minding it's own buisness when Eggman stumbled upon it and took control of it.

They were both crappy as boss fights. Time eater was less crappy as a boss fight, but if Solaris and Time Eater were to battle I also say Solaris would win.

• Thumbs Up 1

also eggman was infected by Plot induce Stupidy in this one, as he could have easly use the think to erase both sonics from exitence but didn't. of course they could be the fact them many recent Sonic final bosses suffer from plot induce stupidy in order to let sonic win.

To be fair, Eggmans definition of "Win" pretty much whittles down to simply beating Sonic. Sure, Eggman usually has a chance or two to conquer the world, but it just wouldn't be the same if he didn't go through his blue nemesis to do it.

As for Solaris v Time Eater? No contest in my book. Solaris was a god. Time eater is just a beast with an exploitable ability. Who knows how proficient Time Eater really was before all of those enhancements he got.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

Solaris, because its music isn't shit.

I used science and found that this makes it more powerful.

You could change Time Eaters battle music to It Doesn't Matter. So no.

Maybe it's just me, but I assumed that the Time Eater was basically a Hulked-up Frenzy Wisp created by the explosion at the end of Sonic Colors.

Solaris. No contest here really.

-Solaris is a good that exists in Past, Present and Future and Time Paradoxes dont affect him (Meaning if you defeat him in past he will still live in Future) while Time Eater is just machine build around some living Black Hole.

-Solaris time and dimensions destruction is permament while Time Eater drains colorout of it and to bring it back Sonic just have to run trough locations to restore them.

-It took 3 Super Hedgehogs to defeat Solaris. So far it was highest ammount of Super Characters needed to defeat someone/something.

-Solaris have thousands lasers while Time Eater only one (Nearly "no joking here) tongue.png

-Solaris is immortal. Only way to defeat him is to split him into Iblis and Mephiles and seal both separetly. This or erase him from time.

As for Boss Battles in meaning"How much I enjoy one more than second" then Solaris wins too. Its alot more enjoyable. Music isnt generic shit (like someone pointed out) and 3 Hedgehogs abilities are enjoyable to use. Time Eater is just broken battle. You almost cant see rings when playing as Modern Sonic and on other hand its hard to hit him with Classic. Solaris isnt best Final Boss n Sonic history (Oh hi Final Hazard and Perfect Chaos) but for me Solaris battle is 3rd most enjoyable (after those listed before) and Time Eater so far is the worst. Maybe little better than machine room from Sonic 1 tongue.png

Edited by HUNTER297

They're the same entity. Think about it- have you ever seen them in the same place at the same time? No you haven't because it ATE the concepts of "place" and "time."

Edited by SuperStingray
  • Thumbs Up 5

Wasn't time eater controlled by Eggman? That automatically means not only can Solaris can beat the Time Eater, but Chaos and Dark Gaia can as well.

Edited by ThatGuy

I definitely think the Time Eater is much cooler than Solaris is, even from a mere aesthetic standpoint. Look at that guy! He's such a happy fellow:

Time_eater.png

"Ohai guise!"

It kinda helps that he was basically turned into Eggman's time-traveling mech-monster too. So in terms of the plot, I like him a lot better too.

As for power? Eh, they seem about the same- Both of them seem capable of literal time-eating, and can effortlessly travel through and distort the time stream. If there are any power differences between them, they seem marginal to me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Time Eater could go back in time and stop Solaris from existing.

On the other hand, Solaris could easily go back in time and stop Time Eater from existing.

So I'd say they're both on equal footing.

Although Time Eater is a much better design concept, Solaris is more powerful (its capable of destroying all timelines)

Also I'm pretty sure that Solaris was destroyed by Blaze in the future, destroyed by the Super Hedgehogs in the present, then finished by Elise in the past - instead of 3 Super Hedgehogs across the different time zones idea

Edited by Darth InVaders

Time Eater:

-HOMING SHOT.

-Teleporting arm attack with huge delay.

Solaris:

-Burps meteors out of rifts.

-Fires lasers that come without warning.

you pick.

• Thumbs Up 1

Time Eater:

-HOMING SHOT.

-Teleporting arm attack with huge delay.

Solaris:

-Burps meteors out of rifts.

-Fires lasers that come without warning.

you pick.

You forgot about the Time Eater's giant laser and completely useless time stop ability.

You could change Time Eaters battle music to It Doesn't Matter. So no.

The ear bleedingly bad, SA1 version. So no.

I actually like Solaris' design, or rather both of them. But because I'm a selfish goon, it's Time Eater for me:

-Time Eater's a robot. Robots gooood.

-Solaris has a blue void. Time Eater has a red/purple void with random clock parts. Clocks are also gooood, so...

-We only get a real look at Solaris near the end. Time Eater, despite being (literally) shrouded in mystery until the reveal, shows up now and then to float around ominously.

-Solaris is related to Mephiles. TIme Eater is related to Robotnik. Do the math.

-Time Eater's face reminds me of Doopliss and Count Bleck.

Solaris is probably stronger/more powerful, but fuck it.

I definitely think the Time Eater is much cooler than Solaris is, even from a mere aesthetic standpoint. Look at that guy! He's such a happy fellow:

Time_eater.png

"Ohai guise!"

YOU'RE TEARING TIME APART, TIME EATAAAA.

• Thumbs Up 3

I've liked all of the 'boss monsters' of the Sonic series since they started using them in Sonic Adventure. They're just really cool. Solaris though, just like the rest of that game, just didn't seem to fit at all. It was so abstract that it belonged more in a Final Fantasy game. Time eater, while a pretty crap boss, looks awesome and I think he fits perfectly!

• Thumbs Up 1

When Time Eater wasn't chained down and was the size of an ocean cruise ship, he was scary. 90% of the time he was contained in a much more solid form and was about the size of the Biolizard. The opening cutscene and the pictured scene (the ohai guise one) are the only times he looks threatening. And it only took one hedgehog to beat him *trollface*

Did Time Eater threaten anybody but Sonic? He only dumped Sonic in a void and brough him a few presents, who's to say he affected the normal world at all?

Solaris had actual brute force, too. And anyone who can make Eggman skinny has my eternal respect.

Never played Solaris though I thought the idea of three super forms was cool. Never liked the music either. However Time Eater was painfully annoying ("ITS A HOMING SHOT THIS TIME!!!!") and the rings were hard to collect.

....I'm going to say Solaris because it's name is cooler. Not to mention Time Eater looks like a Kingdom Hearts reject monster.

Not to mention Time Eater looks like a Kingdom Hearts reject monster.

...And Solaris doesn't?

• Thumbs Up 2