Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

Huh, Paz? what? didn't she explode into meat paste? or is this another crazy internet theory?

Huh, Paz? what? didn't she explode into meat paste? or is this another crazy internet theory?

Paz has been shown in a TPP cutscene. It looks like she is a clone of the orginal. So she'll have no memory of her former life.

• Thumbs Up 1

we  don't knnow if that scene wasn't a flashback to ground zeroes

or if ground zeroes even happened

chico is quiet so paz can be mantis and diamond dog can be sniperr wolf

we  don't knnow if that scene wasn't a flashback to ground zeroes

or if ground zeroes even happened

chico is quiet so paz can be mantis and diamond dog can be sniperr wolf

In the video which shows PAZ (below), a suspicious looking tube is revealed which IMO heavily points to towards this PAZ - who appears naked and in a sort of daze - being a clone. So I don't think this is a flashback scene.

https://youtu.be/B0W3xRgr70E?t=133

Note that you also see a separate piece of skin which appears to be an exact copy of the scar tissue made when the bombs were planted in PAZ back in Ground Zeroes....

As for Chico becoming Quiet. This is what I thought at first, but Kojima has said they are not the same person. Of course he could be lying and I think it would be cool if they are the same person. There are definite similarities visually.

As for PAZ becoming Physcho Mantis? No chance. Makes no sense and doesn't fit Mantis backstory from MGS1.

Mantises have singular ears in the middle of their chests

Like the black guy in the trailer

who has two growths in the place a woman'd have breasts

mantisette has paz' hair, but red

black man is paz who is mantisette because russia is making multiple psycho mantises soldiers

also paz is a clone of the boss and the one we see in the trailer is actually another clone

I love the theories that appear about this shit

Akio Otsuka, the Japanese voice actor for Snake has talked about Kojima Productions on Twitter:

“Kojima Productions was forced to disband, but it appears that the work that the team has been putting their utmost effort into is nearly complete,” Otsuka said in a tweet. “I’m not exaggerating when I say that I expect it will become their greatest masterpiece. I couldn’t help it. I just wanted to say ‘Kept you waiting, huh?’ (Laughs.) But even if this is the end, Metal Gear Solid is immortal!”

'Metal Gear' creator's name deleted from 'Phantom Pain' box

http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/14/metal-gear-solid-v-kojima-konami-box-art/

This is probably old to some of you--admittedly, I've only been following this Konami mess on and off--but man, Konami really seems dead set on making an unperson out of Kojima.

• Thumbs Up 1

Next thing you know they'll cut his name out of the game's credits. 

I think you just gave them an idea.

Game by "Konami intern"

• Thumbs Up 1

I read somewhere that Hideo Kojima's name should still be almost everywhere in the game. There's plenty of opening and end credits in each chapter, like a TV episode, and Kojima is credited as a director there. So don't worry, he's still there. Just not on the box. XP

I read somewhere that Hideo Kojima's name should still be almost everywhere in the game. There's plenty of opening and end credits in each chapter, like a TV episode, and Kojima is credited as a director there. So don't worry, he's still there. Just not on the box. XP

All that means is that Konami hasn't finished their work yet.

All that means is that Konami hasn't finished their work yet.

The credit sequence of any game has the developer and development teams name on it. Konami won't be allowed to remove that. My understanding is that Kojima Productions is mentioned on the back of the box-art, just not on the front.

It's a strange decision but honestly it's not a big deal. The important thing is that the gameplay looks awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hell that's Quiet a poster.

VPsACH3.jpg

You know how you can erase the MGS games directed by Kojima in the Jamais Vu and Deja Vu missions in Ground Zeroes? There's a theory going around on the internet that Kojima added this to the game as a subtle hint that Konami were getting rid of him and Kojima Productions. Remember, this game was released in March 2014, so if this is indeed the case then there's been issues between Kojima and Konami for quite sometime.

TPP on PS4 will take up less space than MGS 4 on PS3

A full digital download of TPP  will require 25.1 GB of free space on PS4 according to the preorder listing on the Japanese PlayStation Store

Only 38 days left until TPP is released. Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

So, system requirements just popped up for the game on Steam.

http://wccftech.com/metal-gear-solid-v-phantom-pain-minimum-pc-requirements-list-4th-gen-intel-i5-nvidia-gtx-650-graphic-card/

Good Lord, what in the hell would cause them to require a quad-core Haswell to run this thing? I highly doubt that they're optimizing for AVX2, which is seriously the only thing that Haswell brings to the table that sets it apart from everything else. Because this is ridiculous.

I'm a bit late with this but Youtuber Yong Yea is doing a 30 day countdown retrospective for TPP.

Day 30

Day 29

Day 28

Day 27

(They seem to release at about 12:00 AM Eastern Time) 

I'd highly recommend that any Metal Gear fan check out his channel. He does some great analysis videos and is a good source for general news as well. He's also a host on The Codec, a show which does interviews with members of the gaming industry; so far it's mostly been Metal Gear voice actors like David Hayter, Quinton Flynn, Paul Eiding, and Phill LaMarr among others, but they have done some others like Mark Meer and seem to be branching out a bit more lately (up next is Rika Muranaka, a composer for Metal Gear). The videos can be found on his channel and you can submit questions through the comments section of the interview announcement videos.

Seriously check it out.

• Thumbs Up 1

2015 Gamescom gameplay trailer

Looks awesome.

and.....

Mother base gameplay demo

The Stealth cameo is returning.

Did you notice that the Mother Base in the demo is called PT (and has a picture of a Spider). This is surely a reference to the PT Silent Hill teaser. 

Edited by BenderTheBatman

More Skype reactionsss.

[20:12:16] Boma Iringe: so
[20:12:21] Boma Iringe: you have to shower in MGS5
[20:12:22] Boma Iringe: best game
[20:13:27] Boma Iringe: "snake, you stink"
-ocelot douses you-
[20:14:22] Boma Iringe: holy shit
[20:14:27] Boma Iringe: mother base is fucked up
[20:14:34] Boma Iringe: if you don't control the base correctly
[20:14:41] Boma Iringe: shit goes down
[20:14:47] Boma Iringe: quiet starts stabbin' niggas
[20:14:55] Boma Iringe: she gets tortured and shit
[20:15:00] Boma Iringe: dog fights go down
[20:18:03] Boma Iringe: so
[20:18:12] Boma Iringe: mother base is basically sim city
[20:19:19] Boma Iringe: big boss, really doesn't say shit
is it because they can't pay sutherland or what
[20:19:46] Boma Iringe: >assassin's creed brotherhood style sending units on missions
[20:25:19] Boma Iringe: mother base looks like a super cool fucking feature
[20:25:24] Boma Iringe: it's effectively a minigame
[20:35:54] Boma Iringe: you can legitimately get in a box
[20:36:01] Boma Iringe: and get delivered to places on mother base
[20:36:08] Boma Iringe: what is this game

Edited by Athena Cykes

Hand of Jehuty? FUCK YES! (Though really it should be hand of Ardjet shouldn't it? The Wisp is Ken's signature weapon after all.)

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, those crates...

Those logos on the crates...A spider, the common sign of fear and the letters P.T.

Oh Kojima, your easter eggs are amazing.

Oh good fucking god almighty, this will be likely be the magnum opus of the entire stealth genre for years to come!

Like, I seriously can't contain myself over this game anymore. Exploring Mother Base and stealing shit from other players sells this game more than the main missions, and I can make friends with these guys too if I want! If I can get my cousin in on this game (if not the genre), we'll barely play any other game.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

We have a new gameplay demo:

It sounds like it's going to be "A Hero's Way" again, although I'm not getting the best internet connection right now so I haven't been able to watch anything beyond the intro yet.

Yeah it was the A Hero's Way mission again but done differently this time.

It's so freaking cool that you get to listen to some 80's music tracks.

Also, take a look at the video 13:25 which shows the results screen of the mission which is very detailed. Much more detailed than Ground Zeroes or Peace Walker's results screen.

All of the following criteria affects your total score; Time, Enemy Combat Alerts, Hits Taken, Tactical Takedowns, Headshots, Accuracy, Neutralizations, Markings, Effective Interrogations, Prisoners Rescued, No Retries, No Kills, No Reflex, No Enemy Combat Alerts and Perfect Stealth No Kills and mission specific requirements such as neutralising and extracting the mission target.

The perfectionist in me will be replaying the missions a lot to get the best possible score XD

http://gamingbolt.com/metal-gear-solid-5-ps4-has-short-loading-times-and-stable-fps

Some members from the Japanese press were allowed to play through Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain and some of them even completed the entire game. Japanese outlet Watch Impress also got the chance to go hands on the game and we have learned new details from their in-depth preview which can be read here.

First of all, the PS4 version is shaping up quite nicely with shorter loading times and stable frame rate performance. The article praised the solid performance of the PS4 version in every respect. The PS4 version is already confirmed to be running at 1080p and 60fps but there were some doubts about its performance given that The Phantom Pain features vast areas for infiltration.

Another aspect that was praised were the graphics, especially the lighting along with the sunlight which the article termed as realistic without a “blown-out” appearance and described the FOX engine as the best lighting engine ever. If you are a fan of Metal Gear Solid game then obviously you are no stranger to cutscenes. Once again, the cutscenes in The Phantom Pain will be of high quality with subtle touches here and there.

Once you complete the story you unlock higher difficulties, according to a preview.