Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

Reviews for TPP are starting to come in. As expected the scores are high. A few 10's already.

Gamespot 10

IGN 10

EGM 9.5

GameInformer 9.3

Destructoid 9

Telegraph 10

3DJuegos 10

Vandal Online 9.8

Power Unlimited 9.7

PlayStation Universe 9.5

LazyGamer 9.2

GameTrailers 9.3

Edited by QuietTheSniper

Pretty insanely high metascore and reviews so far. I'm really glad to hear the game is all it seemed to be plus even more than I expected. Hearing how long it is really surprises me .

So excited for this.

I really hope the PX at Humphreys gets it on release.....if not i'm just gonna say fuck it and cancel my preorder and download it. Damn you South Korea.....damn you

So, if you actually really don't wanna give Konami money directly and play ya vidya on your PC, there's a really good fucking sale on OKS like right now where it's 58% off, so go get it here.

Because we just needed to add more fuel to the "Big Boss is Skull Face" fire...

At any rate, remember that Yong guy I mentioned earlier? If you haven't been following him he actually got to participate in the MGSV review event out in LA, where he played four days of TPP (lucky bastard). His impressions are below, and don't worry, it's (story) spoiler free.

Edited by Bowbowis

7 days left... piloted

That scene where Big Boss has to run and hide from the Metal Gear - which I think is being piloted by Eli (Liquid Snake) - is awesome and terrifying.

The PS4 version of TPP has a metacritic score of 95 based off of 20 reviews. This game is shaping up to be one of the best current-gen games out there.

Just a week left....... so freaking hyped!

We're getting an MGSV companion app:

Companion App!  MGSV:TPP map at all times, listen to all records / music etc. Available for download on September 1st. The companion is only available app for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and Xbox One

So lets talk about that leak shall we?

So what I'm gathering from both 4chan and neogaf is that theres 2 big bosses, 1 is the one that we have been following from MGS3 until Peace Walker (And possibly GZ) and then theirs Phantom/Venom Snake, the Big Bosses Shadow who is just this poor medic guy who got fooled into thinking that HE was Big Boss and started the events of MG1.

Thats what I got so far, heres when i'm confused, was Big Boss the actual one in GZ? when did they make the switch with Phantom/Venom Snake? where has the actual Big Boss been this whole time since PW? was that actually Big Boss in MG2 or Phantom/Venom Snake again? And then MGS4's ending convolutes things even more who was Solid Snake talking to exactly, a clone of Big Boss or a Clone of Phantom/Venom Snake?

Argh clear this up for me SSMB because this is all very confusing
Edited by goku262002

GZ is still Big Boss. The switch is made when they're recovered from the helicopter. Venom Snake is the medic in the helicopter when Paz explodes.

The actual Big Boss goes back to the States and works with them, forming Fox Hound, etc. Basically the whole story that had him do stuff for the US while doing illegal Outer Heaven stuff on the side is changed to him having his copy do the Outer Heaven stuff, apparently thinking he's the real Big Boss?

MG2 is Big Boss himself trying to do Outer Heaven himself, as Venom Snake fucked it up in MG1 with his revolt.

MGS4 is the real Big Boss, who was burned by Snake in the end of MG2 but healed by the Patriots. All that is the same- nothing in MGS4 is altered.

Edited by The KKM

The PS3 & PS4 versions of MGSV Ground Zeroes have received a new update which gives you the new option to upload your saved data to PSN so that it can be transferred to TPP.

The save data upload option is at the bottom:

mgsupdate_610b.jpg

I think this will;

• transfer all POW's you have rescued from the various GZ missions to your new Mother Base in TPP, so that they will be there from the beginning.
  • your sneaking suite from GZ should also be available in TPP.

Only a day until TPP. So hyped.

Just wanted to give everyone a reminder. If you bought Ground Zeroes you probably got a DLC code with it. I've heard that the code will become active when Phantom Pain is released. Here's the full info.

https://us-support.konami.com/link/portal/15035/15044/Article/7437/Metal-Gear-Solid-V-Ground-Zeroes-DLC-Voucher-Explained

The PS3 & PS4 versions of MGSV Ground Zeroes have received a new update which gives you the new option to upload your saved data to PSN so that it can be transferred to TPP.

The save data upload option is at the bottom:

mgsupdate_610b.jpg

I think this will;

• transfer all POW's you have rescued from the various GZ missions to your new Mother Base in TPP, so that they will be there from the beginning.
  • your sneaking suite from GZ should also be available in TPP.

Only a day until TPP. So hyped.

The PC version surprisingly has had that option ever since it was launched I guess. I expected to see an update this morning on Steam, but it was already there without an update. Weird.

Alright I'm a little hazy on this whole data transfer thing. Can anybody confirm whether or not the code/data transfer will work cross-gen? 

Specifically will I be able to transfer from my Xbox 360 copy of Ground Zeroes to an Xbox ONE copy of Phantom Pain?

Edited by Bowbowis

Purchased by copies today.

JRaY6XF.png

Now, time to play this awesome game!!! 

Alright I'm a little hazy on this whole data transfer thing. Can anybody confirm whether or not the code/data transfer will work cross-gen? 

Specifically will I be able to transfer from my Xbox 360 copy of Ground Zeroes to an Xbox ONE copy of Phantom Pain?

I'm not certain, but I believe so, yeah.

Kojima's farewell to the Metal Gear franchise.

Didn't want to watch that when I first saw it floating around because I didn't want to be sad........damn.....the feels

I pick up the legacy collection during the week, i haven't play MGS1 for years, i find the game very playable still in the present. I finished the first act of MGS4. Kind of cool so far. I enjoyed the play by far compared to the others MGS titles. MGS1 Atmosphere is just good. soundtrack and cut scene are amazing still by today. but sure it did aged bad then it come to quality graphics, yet in my opinion, i find the graphics still good if you ask me

My favorite scene is when Sniper Wolf story after his fight against Solid Snake. very such a emotional scene still. My favorite of all of them!

Edited by Daisy-Fan

Oh god fucking damn it.

Collector's edition of MGSV brings with it a Blu Ray.

Blu Ray includes concept art and schematics for an entire episode that was cut from the game.

The cut episode is legitimately important to the story of the game and without it a ton of loose ends are left.

The game we have is, inarguably, incomplete due to Konami's actions, to an absurd amount.

Fuck.

EDIT: Link if you want to see it. Spoilers, obviously.

Edited by The KKM

Oh yeah I knew about that for a few days now. Wouldn't be surprised if in a year or so, they make a version of the game that has that full episode playable.

On another note

also, was completely mind fucked by Kojima once again. Big Boss building a different outer haven, and us playing as a fake big boss is really clever and explains so much. I'm not really upset that we never actually played as BB, as his message more or less valifies that more or less, ahab is BB one way or another in just about every way.

(plus love how that was a way for Kojima to speak to us the fans, and say how us, the player are BB and continue his legacy, aka Kojima being gone, doesn't mean we the fans can't continue his legacy.)

So, uh, you may want to make sure your save doesn't get corrupted.

Konami has revealed there's a risk of your Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain save becoming corrupt and unusable if you bring Quiet with you as a buddy on Mission 29 or Mission 42.

An update on the company's support site explains that the only way to currently prevent this from happening is by not bringing Quiet with you on either of these missions. The issue affects The Phantom Pain on PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC and a fix is being worked on.

In "METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN" which was released on September 1st 2015, there is a possibility that save data may get corrupted and becomes unusable if having Quiet as a buddy while playing "Mission 29" or "Mission 42". This situation can be avoided by not using Quiet as a buddy while playing either "Mission 29" or "Mission 42".

We deeply apologize, and appreciate your patience for further announcements regarding this issue.

This issue is known to be present for Xbox360, XboxOne, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4 and Steam®. 

Edited by Athena Cykes