Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

So, there might be a Chapter 3 afterall......

Nuclear Disarmament Event is a go, dataminer finds new sequence.

It seems as though TPP still has a few tricks up its sleeves. Konami just unveiled one of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain’s long kept secrets [well, not really a secret for many]. The company just unveiled the Nuclear Disarmament event through its official official website and social media channels. The event hasn’t gone live just yet as Konami has said there are some things players need to do in order to unlock the Nuclear Disarmament mode:

THE SECRET NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT EVENT
There is another important secret in Metal Gear Solid V: a hidden event that can only be unlocked when very specific conditions are fulfilled.
1. You must have completed Mission 31.
2. You must not own or be currently developing a nuclear weapon. If you have any nukes in stock, you must dismantle them.
3. Certain conditions related to nuclear proliferation must be met on the regional server for your corresponding gaming platform (PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, Xbox One, Xbox 360®, PC(Steam®)).
4. All nuclear weapons on the regional server corresponding to your console or platform must have been dismantled. In other words, the amount of nukes on your platform's server must be equal to 0.

Once those four steps have been completed, the event will open up to the players after they return to Mother Base, or upon completing a main mission. If new nukes do resurface, you can work at meeting all four conditions and you can unlock the event multiple times. The most vital part of this is to try to get all the nuclear weapons for the platform of your choice dismantled. Konami has said it will update fans on the number of weapons per platform on Twitter.

So far, the number of nukes per platform as on November 25th are: PlayStation 4: 352, PlayStation 3: 250, Xbox One: 96, Xbox 360: 85 and PC: 15691. As you can see, people are really close to achieve Peace on the PlayStation 4. But the point is what it will lead to? We already know that a cutscene will play out but what comes after that? According to a dataminer on the NeverBeGamerOver subreddit, once Peace is achieved, a new scene will kick in. This data miners assumes that this will be true ending, linking the ending of Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain. He also believes that a new sequence will begin after nuclear disarmament event. We are not sure what it’s exactly but given that Konami is really pushing players to get it unlocked indicates that it’s not merely a custcene that was leaked earlier.

It must also be noted that The Game Awards are nearing and Kojima is on the advisory member. It may not mean anything but the nuclear disarmament event is a major milestone for the Metal Gear community and I am assuming it will unlock something substantial. I may be completely wrong about this but according to the game’s code there is a sequence that is waiting to get unlocked once players wrap up this event. There are around 350 odd nukes on the PS4, so I believe we will be seeing the results in a matter of days.

I guess it would be cool if the community achieves no nukes, unlocks the cutscene and then in-turn unlocks a brand full-length chapter. It would rekindle my interest.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somecallmejohnny has done a review of MGS (PS1):

FYI this is never going to happen on steam because you can just use cheat engine to basically make infinite nukes.  And there's not going to be any story significance to total nuclear disarmament, the rest of the timeline demands nukes.  

And between this news and the game awards, thinking about this game again, there really isn't much to this game's stealth.  You have so few methods of concealment available to you that enemies are back to MGS 1/2 vision range, you can be sprinting against a contrasting background in broad daylight and enemies still won't see you from 50 meters.  I just don't feel like there's actually that much to this game's stealth.  There's also not much useful feedback, particularly when vehicles are involved.  To me it seems weirdly stripped down compared to 4 or even 3.  

FYI this is never going to happen on steam because you can just use cheat engine to basically make infinite nukes.  And there's not going to be any story significance to total nuclear disarmament, the rest of the timeline demands nukes.  

And between this news and the game awards, thinking about this game again, there really isn't much to this game's stealth.  You have so few methods of concealment available to you that enemies are back to MGS 1/2 vision range, you can be sprinting against a contrasting background in broad daylight and enemies still won't see you from 50 meters.  I just don't feel like there's actually that much to this game's stealth.  There's also not much useful feedback, particularly when vehicles are involved.  To me it seems weirdly stripped down compared to 4 or even 3.  

Konami will intervene on the Steam version. They basically have to.

• 2 weeks later...

The Metal Fear Official twitter account just tweeted this:

"Featuring a staggering 114 previously unreleased in-game & cut scene tracks, the #MGSV Extended OST is available for DL on iTunes 12/23!"

114 unreleased tracks? Fuck me, that's a lot of music. Makes me wonder just how much cut-content there is. Makes me sad :(

So, yeah, when's the epic reveal of Chapter 3 as high-priced DLC, just so Konami can place the inevitable "pay us for the full game abd fuck you" cherry on the cake?

First layer was Ground Zeroes, an extremely short demo being priced at about a third of Phantom Pain's price (at least as far Steam goes) and it's stocked with plot elements that you'd think would be included in Phantom Pain.

Second layer was Konami pretty much making the development time of MGSV a living rushed hell, practically mutilating Kojima's original vision. SO why stop there?

• Thumbs Up 1

114 unreleased tracks? Fuck me, that's a lot of music. Makes me wonder just how much cut-content there is. Makes me sad :(

No thats just them being their typical stupid, go back to all MG OSTs since 1998 and you'll notice huge chunks of tracks not listed.

If you ever want a full true Metal Gear music experience you have to head over to FFShrine and download some HQ Game OSVs ripped from the games themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Johnny did his review of MGS3 last week.

It's a game I used to play endlessly. Love it to bits.

Yeah meant to post that.

What was Konami's reasoning for stripping the substance and subsistance release extras from the HD port? probably just to be fucktards but I'm still curious.

Makes me pretty glad I got the original PS2 release used for a good price (around 10 dollars I believe).

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, goku262002 said:

Yeah meant to post that.

What was Konami's reasoning for stripping the substance and subsistance release extras from the HD port? probably just to be fucktards but I'm still curious.

Because Ape Escape is a Sony IP. I don't know why they removed the others but I get why they removed the Ape Escape minigame.

Well they could've included it in the PS3 version or the Legacy edition thats PS only, just doesn't make sense to strip it out of all versions. hmm I do wonder if you datamine those HD ports if any leftovers of the substance and subsistence ports are i there?

• 2 weeks later...

Just gonna leave this here. Konami, eat your heart out. Bonus points if they get David Hayter to reprise his role just to add salt to Fuckonami's wound. Looking forward to this. Wonder if Kojima has said anything on this.

On 1/18/2016 at 8:18 PM, KHCast said:

Just gonna leave this here. Konami, eat your heart out. Bonus points if they get David Hayter to reprise his role just to add salt to Fuckonami's wound. Looking forward to this. Wonder if Kojima has said anything on this.

I can't say I see any pressing reason to redo the voice acting rather than simply reusing the original and/or Twin Snakes voice clips but it looks fucking amazing all the same.

Cue C&D order in 5, 4, 3, 2...

• Chuckle 1

Don't get why these fan remakes constantly insist on showing these things off in their state of infancy. It's like they want to get slammed mid-development and waste their time. You don't need to hype up a fan remake of something everyone knows and loves. Stealth release it, boom, it's on the internet and Konami ninjas will be able to do nothing of the inevitability of file sharing.

Other than that looks nice but I'm indifferent towards the same old UE4 polished look.

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

This game is really good. Wish I had started playing it as soon as I got it. For all of the hullabaloo (deserved as it was) about Snake Bauer, the game is so shockingly light on story for the first act (all I've gotten into so far after 50 hours because of all of the Fulton-in' I've been up to) that every time Kiefer speaks up it still surprises me.

So far, it really seams like a Peace Walker that they spent a ton of money and time making instead of a full Metal Gear game, but still fantastic.

20 minutes ago, Tornado said:

This game is really good. Wish I had started playing it as soon as I got it. For all of the hullabaloo (deserved as it was) about Snake Bauer, the game is so shockingly light on story for the first act (all I've gotten into so far after 50 hours because of all of the Fulton-in' I've been up to) that every time Kiefer speaks up it still surprises me.

So far, it really seams like a Peace Walker that they spent a ton of money and time making instead of a full Metal Gear game, but still fantastic.

My favorite description of it is "a human collection simulator"

On 1/19/2016 at 6:18 PM, KHCast said:

Really my biggest problem is the name. "Shadow Moses" or as it's better known "those Black Mesa people got a lot of recognition we want to try that". I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions this much if it weren't also for the more atmospheric soundtrack, the stark black-and-white color scheme of the trailer and the way the camera moves past things in it while stuff sparks and creaks. Eerily similar to this if you ask me.

A Metal Gear Solid remake would be a lot more interesting if Metal Gear Solid hadn't already gotten a really good enhanced port with better graphics soon after release and a really good (albeit constantly just weird) sequel that directly lampooned remakes-masquerading-as-sequels by remaking the first game on a metatextual level a year after that and a really good (albeit occasionally pretty dumb) actual remake a few years after that.

Remake the original Metal Gear or something.

If Konami hadn't gone into meltdown, I figured that remakes of Metal Gear 1 and 2 in the modern MGS style would have been the logical next stop for the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Still, as a fan project, I'd say it's pretty damn impressive, even if it's already been officially done. I see no reason to complain about a fan project doing a remake, how many times have the original Sonic games in some form, both officially and unofficially, been ported/re-made haha? I'd understand if this was a official game pulling a RE1, but it's not.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

We really shouldn't be surprised. Jim Sterling made a video a while back discussing how a possible slot machine of MGS had been leaked under the title "Big Boss". Considering the focus on Snake Eater, we now know what that's about.

and why they felt it was a better idea to use Snake Eater for this instead of porting the MGS collection with MGS 4 to newer consoles, idk but then again konami

This is the part where it needs to be said once again. FucKonami