Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

7 minutes ago, BenderMania said:

I can't even bothered to say "FucKonami" anymore. Konami are gonna do want they want and they don't care what the fanbase wants. So, yeah, whatever.

You're wrong there. If they piss off the fanbase, much like they've done now, then if that fanbase doesn't support the series anymore, then Konami will have to do something to fix it, or face that series dying/causing huge financial issues for them .

So, after letting the initial shock wear off a bit I decided to do a bit more digging. From what I can gather it's starting to sound like Survive may be intended as a non-canon "Jamais-Vu" type thing, which acts more as a standalone expansion to MGSV rather than being a serious entry in the Metal Gear franchise. If that's the case then I'm willing to approach this with a more open mind, at least until we get more info on it. Either way I do hate to see them wasting the idea of an MSF remnant on this game when it has the potential to be used for something much cooler elsewhere.

Also, somebody is going to do this eventually, so it may as well be me:

MGSurvival ideas.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

I mean, really, why not enemy soldiers with extraordinary powers being the antagonistic force? It's what we've been doing throughout this entire franchise.

I guess I'm still in the WTF-phase on the idea.

10 hours ago, KHCast said:

It's not like Konami only have one offense against them. You'd have to really be ignoring people to think that. They have constantly exhibited shitty behavior and a lack of care for their franchises and fans. The company is a mess. This move just comes off very fitting for the company and where they currently stand. There's nothing to suggest they're learning or wanting to win back people.

Then get angry over those things. They do enough things to make one angry, so why get angry over dumb stuff like this?

1 hour ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

I mean, really, why not enemy soldiers with extraordinary powers being the antagonistic force? It's what we've been doing throughout this entire franchise.

I guess I'm still in the WTF-phase on the idea.

I don't think zombies are particularly out there when it comes to MGS xP

Laughing and saying it's fitting if Konami to make a by the numbers low budget co-op action shooter with their bigger franchises name on it after all the controversial shit revolved around the very last game, isn't the same as getting legitimately angry or upset. It simply just gives me one more reason not to care about them 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

I don't think zombies are particularly out there when it comes to MGS xP

No, but as the focal point? I'm not so heavy on the "Fuckonami" train as many other people are, but this just comes off as odd and uncreative given how much of a phase it was in the past. That's just me tho.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/17/2016 at 6:28 AM, The Tenth Doctor said:

You know Konami, you alreay have a perfectly good horror franchise called Silent Hill. 

Gnnck! C'mon man,  you gotta remember that the P.T. wounds are still raw!

• Thumbs Up 2

Some more info on Survive:

Sounds like the project is being headed up by what remains of the team from Phantom Pain, whatever comfort that may be. 

The more I think about it the more Survive is starting to sound like a metaphor for it's own development: After a blindside by the powerful evil force of XOF (Konami) takes Big Boss (Kojima) away from them a strange sequence of events thrusts the remaining members of MSF (The Phantom Pain's dev team) into a bizarre new world (the restructured Konami) where they must struggle to survive and pacify a horde of creatures which will rip the limb from limb at the slightest provocation (Metal Gear fans).

• Thumbs Up 3

Probably just the Metal Gear Online team, they would be only ones left familiar with the FOX engine thats still from Kojima's old guard.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A look at the gameplay of this... thing.

Thing is, it doesn't look too bad. It's Phantom Pain is why. They've just added cookie cutter zombie survival game stuff into it (crafting, yay -_- ). So my stance hasn't changed and Konami is,  to quote " You stood on the shoulders of geniuses to accomplish something as fast as you could and before you even knew what you had you patented it and packaged it and slapped it on a plastic lunchbox, and now you’re selling it, you want to sell it."