Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

• 3 weeks later...

That's pretty awesome.

They'll also be showing off some more MGSV gameplay this week at some convention ( can't think of the name), but it won't be publicly streamed.

Kojima Productions have released new pictures of Quiet's model render as well as a making of video for the character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbPxvBbZAhs&feature=youtu.be&iframe=true&width=853&height=510

It's pretty cool.

The model render pictures of Quiet (below) have caused a bit of a fuss:

Halo Dev: Metal Gear Solid V Character Design Is 'Disgusting' 

In a string of recent tweets, a designer at Halo developer 343 Studios called the design of a prominent female character "disgusting."

"Our industry should know better than this," David Ellis, designer at 343 said. "...Industry full of man babies"

Kojima has since contextualized his comments, saying "erotic" wasn't the right word, and that he meant more along the lines of "sexy." 

I checked with Carbo, who said it was okay to post these pictures:

quiet-1-mgs5.jpg

quiet-2-mgs5.jpg

q05_6x9.jpg

q03_6x9.jpg

q04_6x9.jpg

Sounds like a fuss over nothing.

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

Ah yeah. I can't wait to zoom in using the main character's eyes during cutscenes. Listen? Nah, just staring.

Oh jesus, why did you open your fat mouth 343i? Coming from the people who made commander Weiner balls a character and made Cortana look bombshell hot.

Welp, there goes any other Metal Gear refferences in the next Halo games, Shame because I liked how the mantis was a homage to Rex too sad.png.

Edited by goku262002

In a string of recent tweets, a designer at Halo developer 343 Studios called the design of a prominent female character "disgusting."

"Our industry should know better than this," David Ellis, designer at 343 said. "...Industry full of man babies"

Has this guy ever played an MGS game before?

raidentall.jpgnudity.jpghqdefault.jpg2145457-35204_407626841652_649116652_500sweet_dreams_kaz_4949.PNG

• Thumbs Up 1

Has this guy ever played an MGS game before?

Alright, I'll bite. From the top:

Meant to be disorienting/disturbing

Meant to be comedic

Ridiculous and stupid

Less ridiculous but still sort of stupid

Mostly meant to be comedic, but still ridiculous

None of which do a very good job of helping us take a character seriously.

Edited by Sixth-Rate Adult

Big deal, really. I don't really know what the guy means by saying the industry is full of man-babies, though. He's the one whining there. Or is there another meaning of the word?

Though the render looks a bit weird. Quiet looked better in the trailer.

Oh jesus, why did you open your fat mouth 343i? Coming from the people who made commander Weiner balls a character and made Cortana look bombshell hot.

Welp, there goes any other Metal Gear refferences in the next Halo games, Shame because I liked how the mantis was a homage to Rex too sad.png.

She looks barely any different to her Halo 3 model. I have no idea what you're saying.

C'mon, that's not true.

evolution_of_cortana.jpg

It's my favorite, though. They made her look more human which worked for the story.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 5

According to Gamepur Kojima is going to showcase new Ground Zeroes PS4 gameplay at TGS 2013.

Kojima Productions has just confirmed that Hideo Kojima will be in attendance at upcoming gaming event Tokyo Game Show 2013 to showcase brand new gameplay footage of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. This new footage will belong to the prologue "Ground Zeroes".

In addition to this, Kojima will also showcase E3 2013 (the shorter version and the red band version) trailer with Japanese voice overs.

All the demonstration will take place at Playstation booth. This hints that new gameplay footage will be from the Playstation 4 port of Metal Gear Solid V.

TGS takes place between 19 September and 22 September.

Looking forward to this. Hopefully they will confirm exactly how Ground Zeroes will be released, and a release date.

----------------------------------------

Remember those pictures of Quiet? Well someone decided to do a version of sexy Snake......

Kept you waiting, huh?

original.jpg

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

Kojima will be demoing new MGSV stuff later this week!

September 18th 11:55pm EDT the demo will be live streamed from the TGS sony booth, you can watch here. http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv152213777

The second demo goes live September 20th 11:30pm EDT from the same stream link.

For people in the UK, the first demo will be streamed at 5am on September 19th.

Harry Gregson-Williams will compose the soundtrack for Ground Zeroes

"Metal Gear Solid series and Hollywood composer Harry Gregson-Williams will return to score the upcoming title Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. The confirmation comes from Gameblog.fr who recently received a gameplay demonstration of the title. Williams has scored past games including MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4. He will contribute music to Ground Zeroes alongside Ludvig Forsell." 

I adore the soundtracks of the previous titles, so this is good news.

Edited by -Bender-

12 minute Ground Zeroes (next-gen) gameplay demo from TGS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=41j9s2SEatk

Looks like Big Boss has a Batman 'detective mode'.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 1

According to Kojima; MGSV's torture scenes will be non-playable.

In the wake of the controversy around Grand Theft Auto 5's unskippable and playable torture scene, Hideo Kojima has said the torture scene glimpsed in Metal Gear Solid 5 trailers will be kept to a cutscene.

At the Tokyo Game Show Eurogamer asked Kojima whether such scenes were necessary in video games, and if so whether they should be more sensitively implemented.

"It's something that needs to be done," said Kojima. "As the expressiveness of video games goes up, if you want to go beyond that it's not something you can avoid. Of course not all video games have to do this, and in my case it's not something that I want to go through. If the violence will give new emotions that are important to the game, I want to put it in there, especially with this game where one of the main topics is revenge. I don't want to walk around that."

"I didn't want to go as far as having playable torture," said Kojima. "The part of Metal Gear Solid 5 that has torture is non-playable."

"So far the player's been tortured by Ocelot so much that I'm thinking that I might be the one that introduced torture to games," joked Kojima. "So I'm sorry about that!"

I'm okay with this. When Big Boss (or Naked Snake as he was still known at the time) was tortured in MGS3 by Volgin, that was pretty brutal.

Edited by -Bender-

Maybe Big Boss just won't be tortured in this one. The trailer showed it happening to Huey and Quiet (and Paz?), but not Snake, and obviously it'd be weird to make it a playable sequence if Snake's not the victim.

...good riddance to it either way, though. There's probably an argument to be had about the moral pros and cons of turning torture into gameplay, but at the end of the day none of it really matters because the torture minigames in past MGS games just plain weren't good. The torture scene in Peace Walker in particular would've been really great if it wasn't spoiled by the worst QTE in history.

Watch a daytime Metal Gear Solid 5 mission

"Our gruff, eye-patched hero rides a truck into a military facility in a mission created especially for the Tokyo Game Show. Once Snake slithers in, he sets about infiltrating the enemy's ranks, using a mixture of sneak-and-punch and bullets.

The button prompts are for PlayStation hardware and the inference is that this video, apparently captured from a live stream of the game, is the PlayStation 4 version in action - although nowhere is this made explicitly clear."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zwUyAXc24Uo

Looks pretty impressive.

Edited by -Bender-
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sorry to double post.

Konami released the English language version of the 9 minute Ground Zeroes prologue trailer through it's YouTube channel yesterday. This is the same trailer that was originally released (only) in Japanese dialogue at PAX Prime in 2012. You can now hear Kiefer Sutherland as Snake (skip to 3.30 in the video). You can also hear other English dialogue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=elMikUGFfqw

Took them long enough to release it in English!

"KEPT YOU WAITING, HUH?" Sound's weird coming from Sutherland and not Hayter.

Edited by -Bender-

Sutherland's voice works wonderfully on Snake, though I'm not used to hearing Snake sounding so tired. It works with the direction they're taking.

A rumour has emerged that the release date for MGSV is 3 January 2014. So soon.......................................I'm pretty certain this can't be correct.

"A retailer may have revealed the elusive release date for the upcoming multiplatform video game, MGSV; The Phantom Pain. According to a report by Gear Nuke on Sept. 29, the latest installment from the “Metal Gear Solid” series may be coming out sooner than expected."

A listing from Zavvi disclosed that the open-world action-adventure video game is slated to come out on Jan. 3, 2014. The PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of “Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain” are expected to launch on the same date, which is on the day of the week (Tuesday) in which most new video game releases come out in North America and other regions from around the world.

Konami has kept quiet on the release date."

It was confirmed a few months back that MGSV: The Phantom Pain was going to be released by the 'fiscal' year ending 31 March 2015. This IMO is a far more accurate date. 4 January 2014 is more likely the correct release date for the smaller prequel Ground Zeroes.

Edited by -Bender-

I know it's obvious coming from me, but I thought Sutherland was bad. The voice doesn't fit and he didn't even sound as if he was trying.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Konami have released some more screenshots of MGSV. The shadow lighting looks pretty sweet.

1383178810-4-Copy.jpg

1383178812-1-Copy.jpg

1383178808-3-Copy.jpg

1383178802-2.jpg

Edited by -Bender-