Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

The release date of 'Spring 2014' is still a bit vague. Ground Zeroes could therefore be released as late as early June 2014. I will get it on PS3 as I won't be getting a PS4 for a while yet. Looking forward to it.

I thought it was going to be on the PC as well?

PC hasn't been confirmed or denied. I believe it was under consideration. Some of the early MGSV demo's were built using PC hardware, so I think it would be a good idea to release MGSV on Steam, especially as Kojima has said that all future MGS games are going multi-platform.

Edited by -Bender-

• 2 weeks later...

Krazybean posted this gameplay demo of Ground Zeroes in the PS4 topic. So I've posted it here in the MGS topic.

It's very similar to the 12 minute gameplay demo released back in September.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnXQRe_T1u8&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DgnXQRe_T1u8&has_verified=1

This is the best looking MGS game I've ever seen. The level design looks really complex which is how I like it. The CQC interrogations looks a lot more realistic and Snake seems to move more fluidly. That alert music sounds awesome (reminds me of music from the Terminator)! 

Very hyped!

Also:

Ground Zeroes was almost released on PS3 or PSP:

Speaking in an interview with Kotaku, Kojima said Ground Zeroes didn’t release as planned due to “development issues.”

“Honestly, I really wanted to release Ground Zeroes right after Peace Walker,” he said. “Whether on PSP or PS3. But then we had development issues, some delays with Metal Gear Rising as well. And then we learned about next generation coming, so it ended up being the way it is now.

“Of course it would be ideal to release Ground Zeroes and the main part of the game all together,” Kojima said. “But at the same time given that this week we have the next generation of game consoles coming out, a lot of the fans wanted to play something sooner.

“And given that the main game is a rather big game and still in development, it will take a little bit more time to get it out. We decided to listen to the fans and put at least the prologue out there so people will get the experience.”

Edit: 16/11

Exclusive Sony PS3 & PS4 content has been confirmed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GMF6ZRiM5O4

"Users will be able to access a unique ‘MGS1 Déjà Vu’ mission that references key events from the original PS one classic, Metal Gear Solid. The exclusive mission tasks the user with reproducing famous scenes from the original game. As players recreate the iconic moments, a flashback system reproduces the original graphical style of the original PS one game – complete with greatly reduced ‘vintage’ polygon count – and introduces familiar enemies and weather conditions for added authenticity. 

The mission will be available to both digital and boxed users, and will ultimately let players assume the appearance of the classic ‘Solid Snake’ within the Ground Zeroes universe once proper conditions are met".

So basically it's seems to be a HD remake of parts of the original PS1 game.

Edited by -Bender-

inb4bender:

Its just a skin after all, doubt they would change voice clips for it. but still its gonna rustle peoples jimmies that they are stepping into Hayter's territory by having Sutherland voicing MGS1 Solid Snake.

Also:

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=10426

"In this game, Snake is a different character than he was before, his personality has changed. He won’t be talking as much as he did before. He is a darker character who doesn’t share his feelings. A lot will be conveyed through facial expressions or grunts, instead of Snake having to explicitly communicate it through words."

So literally nothing much has changed. Okay.

Quit trying to hype Kojima, let the PR people do their jobs because you're not very good at it.

• Thumbs Up 1

inb4bender:

Bender2slow.  

Re-doing some of the MGS gameplay scenes is nice and all, but I don't really want to play using the - massively - outdated Solid Snake sprite in MGS1. Why not just create more normal missions for Ground Zeroes.

In other news...

MGSV: Ground Zeroes will have two limited editions in Japan:

"The premium edition contains the game, the novelization of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and a Revoltech Snake figure which includes accessories such as an assault rifle, handgun, knife, scope and iDroid.

1384498419-x360-111x156.jpg1384498420-ps4-121x156.jpg1384498429-pa3-121x156.jpg1384498417-ps4-premium-ed-156x107.jpg1384498426-ps3-premium-ed-156x107.jpg1384498423-x360-premium-ed-156x107.jpg

The other edition comes with a Playarts Kai Metallic Snake version with a rifle, scope, and accessories as well. 

1384498414-3-156x104.jpg1384498422-1-156x104.jpg 1384498424-4-156x104.jpg1384498427-2-156x104.jpg

The Jp box art looks cool.

Edited by -Bender-

I don't like it. It's not Shinkawa art :U

Also, I hear the next gen version will be digital only in the west. I hope that's not true, because that would suck for me.

The plot synopsis of Ground Zeroes is now detailed on the games official (Konami) site.

I don't think I need to spoiler this. We all pretty knew what the plot is anyway:

"The year is 1975, the age of détente. The Vietnam conflict is drawing to a close and the world is thawing in the wake of the Cold War.  However, as tension among the world's giant superpowers eased, a tiny military force quietly took root in the Caribbean.  A new type of military - an army without a nation, or any land to call home.

Lead by an enigmatic man known as "Snake," the clandestine group operated in the shadows as elite guns-for-hire, servicing various governments around the world.  As their reputation grew, so did their funding and military might.  Eventually, rumors began to spread that the group had attained nuclear weapons capability.  The alarming prospect of a nuclear-equipped military force existing beyond the confines of the NPT (Nuclear Proliferation Treaty), and without any formal government, prompted demands for immediate nuclear inspection by the IAEA.

At that same time, Snake also received word that "Paz," a female spy who had once infiltrated his army's "Mother Base" was alive and being interrogated at a US Naval base on the southern tip of Cuba.  The base housed a prison facility - a black-site that could operate outside the laws of both Cuba and the United States, where extreme forms of interrogation were sanctioned.  Upon learning of the situation, Chico, a young volunteer in Snake's army with feelings for Paz, took it upon himself to rescue her.

It wasn't long before Snake received a distress call from Chico revealing that he had also been captured.  With few options left, Snake embarks on a covert mission to reclaim both Paz and Chico from Cuba while Mother Base prepares to welcome its nuclear inspection."  

Hideo has all but confirmed that GZ will allow custom soundtracks.

Also, I hear the next gen version will be digital only in the west. I hope that's not true, because that would suck for me.

That's not set in stone. It might change. 

Edited by -Bender-

Upon learning of the situation, Chico, a young volunteer in Snake's army with feelings for Paz, took it upon himself to rescue her.

Did we know these details before now? I don't recall Chico ever really talking about Paz in Peace Walker. That certainly makes a lot more sense than Snake intentionally sending Chico to Cuba, anyway, and it's pleasantly silly in a very Metal Gear sort of way. At least, it will be until the part where he has to assist with surgery and then Snake chokes him to death. Or whatever that was.

Also, with the way the stuff about the nuclear inspection is worded, it sounds like the action's going to be intercut with goofy sitcom antics on Mother Base, with the MSF crew trying desperately to hide their nukes and make the place presentable while barely able to tolerate each other without Snake's mediating presence. Starring Kazuhira Miller as Lt. Col. Henry Blake, Amanda Valenciano Libre as B.J. Hunnicutt, Dr. Strangelove as Charles Emerson Winchester III, Cecile Cosima Caminades as Father Mulcahy, and Huey Emmerich as "Radar" O'Reilly~

• 3 weeks later...

Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes - Raiden Trailer (Xbox Exclusive)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETP-gjGJOME

The 'Jamais Vu' mission is exclusive to Xbox One and Xbox 360 and features a playable Raiden.

Release date announced as March 18th. Poor wallets sad.png  - Titanfall, Dark Souls 2 and inFamous Second Son all releasing around the same time.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will be available on March 18, 2014.

• Thumbs Up 3

1380352430841.gif

Awesome, we got the better one! But no sword combat?! Well, guess its understandable. MGR original was supposed to be with the current FOX engine but they never got it working thus leading to the awesome MGRR co-partnership between Kojima and Platinum Games.

wonder how they are going to explain Raiden denying his sword for guns?!

I think it's a load of bullshit that 2 missions (one per platform) are being locked away from what seems essentially a glorified $40 demo for Phantom Pain. It's going to lack in content already, why trim it more? It doesn't even come with a free ZOE game.

Never thought I'd do this for a MGS game but I'm leaning towards skipping GZ. The inevitable full deluxe GZ+PP all content included edition seems like a better candidate for my money.

We'll see if I can contain myself come next year. probably not oh god im a slut

wonder how they are going to explain Raiden denying his sword for guns?!

Nanomachines, son.

Did we know these details before now? I don't recall Chico ever really talking about Paz in Peace Walker.

It was in Paz's tapes. She talked about how Chico had a crush on her. (She even talked about staying with Snake and Co for a little longer then intended, until Chico saw her customizing Metal Gear Zeke, forcing her to take action).

Oh wow that Raiden trailer looks fun.

Exclusive to Xbox only?

Can't wait to play it on my PS4 next summer/fall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey! That joke about the Invasion of the Body Snatchers came back from MGS3.

But still, even if its XBox exclusive its still pretty hype.

Can't wait to play it on my PS4 next summer/fall.

You guys are already getting the MGS1 re-do mission, so I doubt we will be crossing DLCs.

I really like the dumb sci-fi premise of the Raiden stuff. MGSV, and especially the Ground Zeroes portion, seemed a little drier and more grounded than I tend to like my Metal Gear, so it's good to see body snatchers and time travel on display, even if it's just for a non-canon side mission thing. Also, it's just kind of amusing to hear Kaz call the MGS4/Revengeance-era world a "dark, distant future".

It was in Paz's tapes. She talked about how Chico had a crush on her. (She even talked about staying with Snake and Co for a little longer then intended, until Chico saw her customizing Metal Gear Zeke, forcing her to take action).

I actually went back and listened to those again like the day after I typed that, and yeah. Oops.

The one thing that I actually care about from this game and its an xbox exclusive, oh well.

You guys are already getting the MGS1 re-do mission, so I doubt we will be crossing DLCs.

You think Konami will pass the chance to sell it as DLC to 90% of the userbase?

I'm not mad that it's a Microsoft exclusive. I'm mad that Raiden is using guns again. Once you go Platinum, you never go back.

MGS Ground Zeroes getting next gen retail release in EU

Owners of current generation systems will be able to buy the game at retail for £29.99 or via download for £19.99. It has now also been revealed that Xbox One and PlayStation®4 versions will be made available in retail stores for £39.99, or can be downloaded for £29.99.

http://www.konami.co.uk/2013/12/10/mgsvgz-release-date-and-jamais-vu-xbox-exclusive-content-announced/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=732277

The price is shit, but this still makes me really happy. Looks like I'll be getting a PS4 in March smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Really debating on whether I should download it digitally or shell out an extra $10 for retail.

I actually went back and listened to those again like the day after I typed that, and yeah. Oops.

Wow, I'm stupid. I looked at your post and realized you wrote it in November. I thought you had just posted it yesterday, smh.

MGSV Phantom Pain is supposed to be a Prequel to MGS4, how do they explain Raiden being there then? He's got his cyborg body from Revengeance which is way into the future. Premise is cool and all, but how do they explain him travelling back in time?

MGSV Phantom Pain is supposed to be a Prequel to MGS4, how do they explain Raiden being there then? He's got his cyborg body from Revengeance which is way into the future. Premise is cool and all, but how do they explain him travelling back in time?

I guess it's a noncanon joke mission of sorts- otherwise Raiden being a cyborg in the 1980s doesn't make a lick of sense.