Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

So this is coming retail to US too right? 

I'm not mad that it's a Microsoft exclusive. I'm mad that Raiden is using guns again. Once you go Platinum, you never go back.

We know the reasons why, so its understandable its just odd looking is all.

And besides:

metal-gear-rising-rocket-launcher.jpg

MGSV Phantom Pain is supposed to be a Prequel to MGS4, how do they explain Raiden being there then? He's got his cyborg body from Revengeance which is way into the future. Premise is cool and all, but how do they explain him travelling back in time?

Because it's noncanon fanservice.  The PS3 DLC is doing the same thing with Solid Snake who isn't even born yet during Ground Zeroes.

So this is coming retail to US too right? 

We know the reasons why, so its understandable its just odd looking is all.

And besides:

metal-gear-rising-rocket-launcher.jpg

Yes, but honestly, who actually used the guns in MGR?

• Thumbs Up 1

I do, hell they are useful esp. the homing shot missiles. not to mention if you are going for that civilian savor achievement you need both that and the EMP grenades.

I never did. I just slashed my way through and just stealth killed everyone. Guns are overrated. Just slice everything. Cut what you will.

You think Konami will pass the chance to sell it as DLC to 90% of the userbase?

Depends on how much Sony and Microsoft paid to have the DLC exclusive.

Guns are super clumsy in Rising. Once you get the Sai to reach far enemies and perform the stun they become largely irrelevant. I think I didn't use them enough to break double digits in four playthroughs.

Depends on how much Sony and Microsoft paid to have the DLC exclusive.

A dollar would be too many.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys know anything about the Metal Gear thats going to be in MGS5?

I seriously can't find anything about it, and usually there is some sort of early hint as to what it looks like.

Do you guys know anything about the Metal Gear thats going to be in MGS5?

I seriously can't find anything about it, and usually there is some sort of early hint as to what it looks like.

Nobody knew anything about Raiden being in MGS2 when it first came out, so I'd imagine the secret to the Metal Gear is going to be the same deal.

• 2 weeks later...

The ESRB rating for Ground Zeroes is up. 

"Content Descriptors: Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Sexual Violence, Strong Language 

Rating Summary: This is an action game in which players assume the role of an elite soldier through military missions in Cuba. Players infiltrate various bases and use pistols, machine guns, and rocket launchers to kill enemy soldiers. Firefights are highlighted by realistic gunfire, slow-motion effects, and large blood-splatter effects. Players can also employ stealth attacks (e.g., choking, knife stabbing from behind) and have the ability to kill non-adversary characters/prisoners. One cutscene includes a depiction of blood and gore (e.g., a character's intestines exposed during a dramatic procedure to remove an object). The game includes an audio file in which a female character is sexually assaulted by male characters; while there is no visual depiction, sounds of ripped clothing and struggle can be heard. The words “f**k” and “sh*t” are heard in the dialogue." 

One cutscene includes a depiction of blood and gore (e.g., a character's intestines exposed during a dramatic procedure to remove an object).

Oh dear... has any other Metal Gear title had stuff like this?

The game includes an audio file in which a female character is sexually assaulted by male characters; while there is no visual depiction, sounds of ripped clothing and struggle can be heard. The words “f**k” and “sh*t” are heard in the dialogue."

Well, this certainly won't be controversial. I wonder if that female character winds up being Quiet...

It's gonna spark controversy and I'm gonna laugh at it because it's a videogame.

There's been worse. Like Sapphire's backstory in TESV: Skyrim.

Oh dear... has any other Metal Gear title had stuff like this?

Well, this certainly won't be controversial. I wonder if that female character winds up being Quiet...

MGS3 had a slightly gruesome torture cut-scene, which was where Big Boss lost the sight in his right eye.

There's no doubt that MGSV is going to explore some of the darkest tones ever seen/heard in an MGS title.

Paz (from MGS: Peace Walker) is the character who has her intestines exposed (so that a bomb from inside her can be removed). We know she has been tortured, so I would expect she is the character who you hear being sexually assaulted as I think Quiet only appears in The Phantom Pain.

I thought Paz's guts were in Phantom Pain? Oh well, as long as I don't need to interact I'll be fine.

It was in the Phantom Pain Red Band trailer. But it was pretty obvious it'd be part of Ground Zeroes.

Metal Gear has been cursing for ages, its nothing new. The gameboy title Metal Gear Ghost Babel got away with a few "Damns" too.

The fucking thing is that they arn't god damn overloading the fucking game with fuckass cursing in every shitstain sentence, <- like so. the cursing is light by all reguards even if its getting bolder.

On twitter Hideo Kojima is being such a tease.

Bd_LIpXCUAEexGV.jpg

"This is not "TRANSFARRING" but remote play. By using PS4 as family cloud environment, you can play it outside.Finaly!"

BeAMLGMCIAAFnas.jpg

"The GZ flyer already distributing at retail shop."

BeAOrR8CAAAtJBe.jpg

"This is BOX POP for display at shop."

Really looking forward to playing Ground Zeroes. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a preview I've scanned up from the new issue of OXM UK.

Y8tmaUR.jpg

Q1qk7n9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

New details of Ground Zeroes revealed in the new issue of Game Informer

The details:

• Metal Gear Solid: GZ is set in 1975, while The Phantom Pain is set in 1984.
  • In true MGS fashion, infiltrating Camp Omega can be achieved in a number of ways.
  • Snake's binoculars can be used to tag enemies, allowing users to see them on their mini-map. The feature can be turned off in the options menu.
  • Guard AI patterns are "wider and [more] unpredictable" than in previous games.
  • Players can fire weapons from both a first and third person perspective.
  • Line of sight shooting is well polished, with the playtester able to shoot between the wires in a barbed wire fence.
  • Inventory management is done via the d-pad - earlier inventory system is gone.
  • All found weapons can be used.
  • When escaping foes, an onscreen numerical indicator is no longer used. Instead, a directional indicator similar to Far Cry 3 is used.
  • An enemy's level of alertness no longer depletes via a counter. Users will need to observe and keep an ear on intercepted radio.
  • A new ability allows the player to slow down time briefly when discovered by a guard. This allows time to quickly shoot the guard. This can be deactivated.
  • For melee attacks, a button prompt appears when Snake is close enough to an enemy. Snake can select between 'interrogate', 'knock out' or 'kill'.
  • Selecting interrogate can force the guard to reveal locations for ammo and secret passages.
  • Vehicles take some time to learn. Turning radiuses are "pitiful".
  • Ground Zeroes comes with "a handful of extra missions".
  • The game features leaderboards.
  • Playtester completed the story mission in less than two hours.
  • Konami speedrunners have completed the game in five minutes.
  • MGS V looks "slightly" better on PS4 than Xbox One.
  • Unlocking side missions requires the player to collect XOF patches. Collecting them unlock the special, platform-specific missions.