Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

The pricing is a little steep, but maybe he shouldn't had splashed out on the Xbox One version over the cheaper and not that much different 360/PS3 version.

It is a little difficult to justify the high price tag for some versions for getting what is essentially a prologue.

The pricing is a little steep, but maybe he shouldn't had splashed out on the Xbox One version over the cheaper and not that much different 360/PS3 version.

It is a little difficult to justify the high price tag for some versions for getting what is essentially a prologue.

It's still not very cheap. Like he said, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero was $5.

Eh, I thought it was worth it. I'm still not done with it and I've put in at least fifteen hours.

You're out of the norm though Dis'.

Mind you, I wouldn't be surprised if this is released down the road as a DLC campaign on PlayStation. Looks fun and has some nice nods.

Would be cool if we could swap DLCs at some point, getting the Deja-vu mission on XBO/360 would be some trippy stuff.

Now a couple things about this Raiden DLC:

~Loved how it was using Snatchers and MGRR music for the most part, I was hoping that when the Low Key Version of Return to Ashes started playing I would hear the vocal later on but I guess it wouldn't have fit the theme of GZ, oh well still nice to hear.

~Was Raiden wearing the White Armor DLC? if so, thats neat!

~What is up with Raiden's voice? is that Quinton Flynn at all or just Keifer Sutherland's voice in some kind of mangled robot filter?

~I gotta commend them for trying to replicate MGRR Raiden in the FOX Engine, wonder if any MGSR assets were re-used for this?

~I wonder what the story reason was for why Raiden was in AR mode the entire time, and why he denied his sword for using a gun...

~Hopefully Platinum is watching, would like some of this gun play to be ported over in MGRR much like how missiles and grenades were. MGRR was fun when it came to swords but it needs more variety too.

Thats all I got for now, I know there was something more I wanted to ask but I forget.

You're out of the norm though Dis'.

Would be cool if we could swap DLCs at some point, getting the Deja-vu mission on XBO/360 would be some trippy stuff.

Now a couple things about this Raiden DLC:

~Loved how it was using Snatchers and MGRR music for the most part, I was hoping that when the Low Key Version of Return to Ashes started playing I would hear the vocal later on but I guess it wouldn't have fit the theme of GZ, oh well still nice to hear.

~Was Raiden wearing the White Armor DLC? if so, thats neat!

~What is up with Raiden's voice? is that Quinton Flynn at all or just Keifer Sutherland's voice in some kind of mangled robot filter?

~I gotta commend them for trying to replicate MGRR Raiden in the FOX Engine, wonder if any MGSR assets were re-used for this?

~I wonder what the story reason was for why Raiden was in AR mode the entire time, and why he denied his sword for using a gun...

~Hopefully Platinum is watching, would like some of this gun play to be ported over in MGRR much like how missiles and grenades were. MGRR was fun when it came to swords but it needs more variety too.

Thats all I got for now, I know there was something more I wanted to ask but I forget.

The comment at the end of that mission about "something bigger" makes me wonder if we're getting an MGR2 with the Snatchers being the main villians.

Eh, I thought it was worth it. I'm still not done with it and I've put in at least fifteen hours.

I've done about seven hours so far, and that's just playing the Ground Zeroes mission.

I finally got the S Rank.

9WjNkIC.png

I love this game. The gameplay is just so good. I like how if you get spotted you now have to work a lot harder not to die, and not having an alert countdown system makes it more tense. The graphics on the PS3 version are amazing. Easily one of the best looking PS3 games I've played. I haven't experienced any framerate drop.

I love how easy/seamless it is when Snake changes from crawling, crouching to running. The new moves, weapon select system took a little getting used to. The reflex mode is a god send.

The Ground Zeroes mission is far from short. It's a vast area where there are many routes you can take. I've been exploring it like crazy.

The Phantom Pain is going to be awesome.

Poor Paz 

sad.png A Vagina bomb is a pretty crazy idea, but I'm glad Kojima has gone for a slightly darker tone this time round.

I also like how there is no set order as to who you can rescue first. You can rescue Paz and then Chico.

Snake being able to shut off the power in the area/building above where Paz is located, is a neat idea.

I'm now going to start playing the side ops.

• Thumbs Up 1

I see more positive reviews than negative, so I don't see how.

I don't care if the main mission is short, there's a ton of content in the game and its inherently massively replayable on a core design level. It's also a very good game.

Nobody is saying its a bad game, Halo 3 ODST wasn't either but suffers from the same problem this game does. great game, tons of extras, lots of replayablity when its too short the price is a factor! weither its $60.00 or $30.00 if the game doesn't feel like the price you paid for then you feel ripped off, which many people do.

This game should've been $20.00 or less, same with ODST.

Nobody is saying its a bad game, Halo 3 ODST wasn't either but suffers from the same problem this game does. great game, tons of extras, lots of replayablity when its too short the price is a factor! weither its $60.00 or $30.00 if the game doesn't feel like the price you paid for then you feel ripped off, which many people do.

This game should've been $20.00 or less, same with ODST.

And I felt like it was worth the price I paid for it, as does Bender, and a bunch of people on GAF. Reception is mixed at worst.

I understand what you're trying to say, and I disagree. Considering I actually bought and extensively played the game, I think I'm entitled to commend it for being as good as it is. I got PW for 20 bucks and MGS4 for free and I still think Ground Zeroes is more worth my money and time.

The problem I see though is that this is sending a message that $30 prologues are okay to sell. What if Naughty Dog does it for Uncharted 4, or 504 does it for Halo 5?

I'm surprised that that many people are objecting Konami doing this sort of thing now. Sure as shit no more than probably 5 people bought Zone of the Enders to actually play Zone of the Enders.

Except this already happened in a previous Metal Gear. MGS2 had the infamous Tanker chapter included in the full MGS2 game.

I'm surprised that that many people are objecting Konami doing this sort of thing now. Sure as shit no more than probably 5 people bought Zone of the Enders to actually play Zone of the Enders.

How is this the same thing? 

ZOE was a full game that had a demo with it of a popular game. Yeah it probably did shift a few copies of ZOE. But you were still getting a full game with it that even without the demo would still have been seen reasonable with it's original RRP.

This is just a 10 min demo charged at a full retail price. Nothing more.

Think of it this way. God of War included a demo of TLOU, which was sold at a full retail RRP. But that was a full game with a demo to another game included. 

MGSV is just literally a demo for a full game charged at a full game price.

The Tanker chapter was the prologue to MGS2 and was part of the full game. GZ is a prologue for MGSV, but it's sold separately.

And I felt like it was worth the price I paid for it, as does Bender, and a bunch of people on GAF. Reception is mixed at worst.

I understand what you're trying to say, and I disagree. Considering I actually bought and extensively played the game, I think I'm entitled to commend it for being as good as it is. I got PW for 20 bucks and MGS4 for free and I still think Ground Zeroes is more worth my money and time.

Thats good for you, but theres still many others who feel differently.

The problem I see though is that this is sending a message that $30 prologues are okay to sell. What if Naughty Dog does it for Uncharted 4, or 343* does it for Halo 5?

*fixed that for you. and yes, thats a point that this shouldn't become standard, to start paying these prices for glorifed demos which at its core Ground Zeroes is or a mini game if you want to call it that. a great game just not worth the starting price they are asking. 

But I doubt allot bought that game just to play a demo too, especially when it wasn't multiplayer. I'm sure sales for ZoE were boosted but I'm guessing not 97% of them were just for a demo.

Because it was mostly a joke. If you'd like a more serious rebuttal:

The problem I see though is that this is sending a message that $30 prologues are okay to sell. What if Naughty Dog does it for Uncharted 4, or 504 does it for Halo 5?

That shipped sailed when the single best selling PS3 game for the first 4 years of the system's life was a game that was essentially the same thing as Ground Zeroes, except it literally had the word "Prologue" in its title. And it cost $40 instead of $30.

ZOE was a full game that had a demo with it of a popular game. Yeah it probably did shift a few copies of ZOE. But you were still getting a full game with it that even without the demo would still have been seen reasonable with it's original RRP.

This is just a 10 min demo charged at a full retail price. Nothing more.

Think of it this way. God of War included a demo of TLOU, which was sold at a full retail RRP. But that was a full game with a demo to another game included. 

MGSV is just literally a demo for a full game charged at a full game price.

Are you for fucking real? 10 minute demo at full retail price? 

First off, completing one of the six missions takes most people between one and a half to two hours. The rest will take roughly half an hour each, if not more, depending entirely on your playstyle. 

And it's $30, which last I checked, was not the same as the usual $60.

If they're all as good as this one, then yeah, sure. If not, then no.

If you don't want it, don't buy it. Many of us find it to be worth the asking price.

Thats good for you, but theres still many others who feel differently.

Okay? What's your point?

*fixed that for you. and yes, thats a point that this shouldn't become standard, to start paying these prices for glorifed demos which at its core Ground Zeroes is or a mini game if you want to call it that. a great game just not worth the starting price they are asking. 

But I doubt allot bought that game just to play a demo too, especially when it wasn't multiplayer. I'm sure sales for ZoE were boosted but I'm guessing not 97% of them were just for a demo.

Hahaha, you're fooling yourself if you think most people didn't buy Zone of the Enders for the MGS2 demo.

Are you for fucking real? 10 minute demo at full retail price?

*looks around*

Yeah

It's right there... it's all over the place. It takes 10 min to beat. It can be done even faster if you want.

That's a demo that. There's DLC content you can buy which are cheaper and offer you more content.

It says a lot that back when MGS4 came out, people where complaining that it was just a £40 movie. Then MGSV comes out and people are trying to defend it for being a 10 min... sorry 2 hour long game.

*looks around*

Yeah

It's right there... it's all over the place. It takes 10 min to beat. It can be done even faster if you want.

That's a demo that. Theres DLC content you can buy which are cheaper and offer you more content.

MGS3 can be beaten in an hour and a half. Stop the fucking presses and call the police. Wake up sheeple.

It took how many years before people were able to do that? This took someone less than a day to do, and then less than a week to get that time down to just over 5 min.

And what's with the attitude?

Edit: I've just noticed. In that video you've linked to, the player is using the infinite ammo items. I would imagine using items like that would make the game a lot quicker/easier to get through.

But, as Angry Joe said, this can be done with someone who knows about the game a lot. He's never played a true MGS game, and he got through GZ in 1 hour.

Oh, and the problem with "Don't like it, don't buy it" if this trend continues is that I'll be out of the loop in terms of story. 

Because it was mostly a joke. If you'd like a more serious rebuttal:

That shipped sailed when the single best selling PS3 game for the first 4 years of the system's life was a game that was essentially the same thing as Ground Zeroes, except it literally had the word "Prologue" in its title. And it cost $40 instead of $30.

That was a Racing game with no story whatsoever and GT5 took years to release.

So this game is short, but has varied ways to beat it.

Okay, I am failing to see the problem here.

Like I understand game length has become synonymous with the price of the purcase for some reason, but if the game has multiple ways to get through it and they all feel fleshed out and different...Like I don't know. Then again, I never played a MGS game before so maybe this entire post is pointless and you wasted your time reading this. So who is the real loser here?

*looks around*

Yeah

You can beat Super Mario World in 5 minutes. You can beat the MGS2 demo in less than 5 minutes. You can beat any number of games in an extraordinarily short amount of time compared to how long is "intended". Here's a big 'ole list of them. "10 minute completion time" isn't a point in and of itself, because if someone buys a game (that's not "full price", by the way) to beat it as fast as possible so they can bitch about how short it is when they do so, that's... kinda on them. I don't like Prologue games particularly, which is why I didn't buy GT5 Prologue; but if someone buys it and gets however much time they feel justifies their expenditure (and in Kojima games there are always things to do to extend playtime drastically, making the "10 minutes" bit even more misleading), what difference does it make to people who didn't buy it for that same reason?

And what's with the attitude?

Your attitude probably has something to do with it. The cherry picking probably doesn't help.
  • Thumbs Up 1

This guy says that it's a good game but we shouldn't buy it till the price drops