Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

We're getting some sort of news tomorrow:

Speaking of new videos, Kojima-san seems to be working hard on a few, but looks like he has something interesting to share tomorrow:

"On Tomorrow’s Kojima Station there will be an important announcement. At the same time, I will introduce the “Prisoners” video corner that will be released on May 3rd. In addition, the new corner (video) will involve planning, lighting, shooting, editing and sound recording made by ourselves"

He also provided a sneak peek of the video corner that will be shown tomorrow, and will include the previously announced and super-cool IDroid iPhone case by Sentinel between its props

Bl46j5YCIAAOBoW.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=806553

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/23/hideo-kojima-teases-an-important-announcement-coming-tomorrow-gets-ideas-for-new-trailer-at-the-gym/

Quote from Konami employee:

It'll be a neat announcement that will be very exciting for a lot of fans.

It won't be earth shattering (no ZOE, no Snatcher, no MGS1 remake), please curtail your hype trains accordingly.

I don't want this to turn into another version of the PS4 release performance.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109228494&postcount=259

What do you guys expect? Ghost Babel on 3DS' VC would be nice and it doesn't seem out of the question.

Also, David Hayter to return to voice Snake.

I think he made a comment that he'd be working on it today, because he had some new ideas when he was at the gym. Plus if we're getting a new MGSV trailer, it'll probably be at E3 and not on a Video Podcast.

Oh and I forgot to say it before, but it'd be also nice if the Ac!d games were released on PSN.

Oh and I forgot to say it before, but it'd be also nice if the Ac!d games were released on PSN.

Are those games any good?  All I know is that they're a trading card game or something.  And that they're a completely different canon.

I think they're great. They're turn-based strategy games. They take a bit longer to get into, but once your in it's a fantastic game.

Edit: The announcement was that the GZ console exclusive DLC is coming to the other platforms. However the XBO version of Deja Vu hasn't been announced, though this is likely due to the XBO not being out in Japan yet.

Yup, this was the big announcement. Free to download.

Releasing 5/1 in Japan.

May be announced for Xbox One tomorrow in the English stream considering the console has not been released in Japan so far.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807121

Good to hear the Jamais Vu mission is coming to the PS4 & PS3 versions. More content to play is always good, even if (having watched a playthrough on youtybe) the Jamais Vu mission doesn't look as fun as the Deja Vu mission. There really wasn't much point in keeping those missions exclusive to the consoles in the first place.

Apparently during the broadcast Kojima revealed that over Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes players have racked up over 504 years of cumulative playtime, and that 50 percent of players have now achieved an S rank in the game's main mission.

I've 100%d the PS3 version and done 75% on the PS4 verson of Ground Zeroes so far biggrin.png  

Oh the jamais Vu mission is coming to the PS's as well? Thank goodness, raiden's my favorite character in this series so it was a shame that I wasn't going to be able to play this mission on the PS3 version (still haven't gotten it yet).

We now know why the Deja Vu mission is coming to the Xbox consoles and the Jamais Vu mission is coming to PS3 & PS4. It's to celebrate the fact that Ground Zeroes has shifted over 1 million units. 

The full press release is below:

"Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced a patch and an update for METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES. In celebration of one million copies shipped worldwide, Kojima Productions has announced that its latest title update will unlock and allow all users to access the Déjà vu and Jamais Vu platform exclusive missions. The update will be available from May 1st.

Originally launched exclusively for PlayStation platforms, the Déjà vu mission, often referred to as a “throwback” mission, is based on missions from the original METAL GEAR SOLID game and lets users play as a pixelated, low polygon Solid Snake. To progress in the mission, players must recreate the key scenes. As a reward, players will see flashbacks to the previous game.

“Jamais Vu”, the Xbox platform exclusive mission, references the 1988 game, “SNATCHER,” the second video game written and directed by Hideo Kojima. In the mission, the menacing bioroid “Snatchers” are dropped into Camp Omega to kill and steal the identities of everything they come in contact with. To kill off these enemies, players need a hero other than Snake—enter Raiden, the superhuman ninja cyborg from previous METAL GEAR titles, including most recently METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE. This time, Raiden dispenses with his High-Frequency Blade in favor of heavy weaponry to completely annihilate the “Snatcher” threat.

METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES is the prologue in the METAL GEAR SOLID V Experience. The prologue primes gamers for the massive story and gameplay experience to come in METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN, which will be released at a future date.

METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES is available at retail stores now on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems, as well as the Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, and the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft for the MSRP of $29.99. Alternatively, for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users, the game can be downloaded for $29.99 suggested retail price. PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 users can also choose to download the game for $19.99 SRP."

Just downloaded the patch for Ground Zeroes (PS4 does it automatically, I love that console). My 100% completion has been bumped down to 85% now that the Jamais Vu mission has been added tongue.png

Time to have some fun playing as the awesome Raiden.

Edit: 2 May

It's a good mission. Pretty much just shooting enemy soldiers (killing the body snatchers). Not as fun as the Deja Vu mission, but it's decent. It's a shame they didn't use more music from the Revengeance soundtrack.

Here is my S rank for Normal mode

W9UqtBQ.png

My S rank for Hard mode:

Took me a while to get the S rank. I had to tweak my technique ever so slightly.

WjjuiV7.png

• 1 month later...

Metal Gear Fan-made Remake given the green light.

"A few days ago, we received word from KONAMI that said they were happy for us to go-ahead with our remake of the classic MSX game, Metal Gear, as long as we don't abuse the copyright issues (ie make a profit from the project/take donations). We were then informed to keep them up to date with any updates and feedback received as and when the game is released.

As thrilled as we were with the news, we then received another email which stated "If the project goes well and there will be public interest in it, KONAMI will surely get to know this and consider further step accordingly".

With this news, we have decided to go in full swing with the project and are now reqruiting a larger team. We're looking for passionate and well motivated candidates who are avid fans of the franchise to help us develop the game further, as professionally as possible. 

"The game will be a full remake of the original game, new script, new models, the works. The theme compositions will also be revamped with orchestral arrangements and with the Metal Gear Solid 2 style electronic beats," developer Ian Ratcliffe told Polygon. "The style of the game will be reworked, bringing it more up-to-date with the other games in the series, we're still undecided on some aspects, like what style to have the camera angles, birdseye view or the more traditional MGS1/MGS2 style."

Well this is a welcome surprise. I always wanted the original Metal Gear to get a remake. Although it sucks being PC only. Hopefully interest will grow and we might get a console release.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow that is weird, hopefully this is just some mistake or something.

Kojima Station will have a pre-E3 special and show "a little bit" of The Phantom Pain. The show will broadcast on June 5 at 9PM Japan time.

Google translation:

"From 21:00 Thursday "Kojisute" because it is just before E3, and it constitutes to be Get to know E3 is a "game show in the world largest" to everyone in Japan. Such as the meaning of origins and current status, where it announced the game of E3. I think just because it is not likely get forgive only that, a little bit in advance, it'd look better the actual equipment."

Hey Bender, think you can sniff around and see why the MG1 project was canceled?

I think this is from that konami livestream, return of the cardboard box.

I see Snake brought some new tactics to the table. Sweet! I'll admit a few mechanics in the older mgs games are outdated now after playing the hd collection (kinda wish I got mgs 5 gz now), but I do want to experience the story in chronological order (at least the games before the phantom pain).

• Thumbs Up 2

'Cardboard Box Espionage Operations'

Awesome. I hope we get some more gameplay footage.

------------------------------------------------

The Phantom Pain really is 200 times larger.

the-phantom-pain.png

"The admittedly confusing image shows the size of every Metal Gear game’s world (outside of Portable Ops) superimposed on what appears to be a map of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain‘s environment." 

I see Snake brought some new tactics to the table. Sweet! I'll admit a few mechanics in the older mgs games are outdated now after playing the hd collection (kinda wish I got mgs 5 gz now), but I do want to experience the story in chronological order (at least the games before the phantom pain).

At least this will finally put all the worries of the cardboard box not coming back to rest.

It's nice to see that the series hasn't totally been devoid of the silly parts.

Can't watch it right now, but is it just Big Boss using a cardboard box? Speedhog mentions some new tactics.

Can't watch it right now, but is it just Big Boss using a cardboard box? Speedhog mentions some new tactics.

He can now pop out of the box and shoot now without having to take it off first and can also use the binoculars while inside of it.

That 'Jack in the box' move is pretty cool (when Snake bursts up through the top of the cardboard box). 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O_943ye46M&feature=player_embedded

BpYFohdIEAIK8P5.jpg

Well, that's cool. Not quite the same, but I was always bothered by the fact that I couldn't shoot through the handle hole in the boxes. laugh.png

Three new screenshots for TPP.

MGS5_E32014_01.jpg

MGS5_E32014_02.jpg

MGS5_E32014_03.jpg

This game looks freaking gorgeous.

Also, the E3 trailer will be about five minutes long and will show 'men descend into madness'.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, the E3 trailer will be about five minutes long and will show 'men descend into madness'.

E3 reaction video?