Awoo.

Metal Gear Solid

SuperStingray

So...when is this game coming out?

1984, apparently.

I would put a guess at late 2015, for no reason in particular other than the size of the game, but it could come out at almost any time from now, really.

So...when is this game coming out?

TPP's release date is expected to be around the fiscal year ending 31 March 2015, which would be just over a year since GZ was released in March 2014.

• 9 months later...

Wow, can't believe this topic hasn't been updated since the wipe.

So.............The Phantom Pain gets a worldwide release on September 1st.

Kojima - who is believed to be leaving Konami at the end of the year - now only works for them as contractor. Why? Well, because Konami are determined to destroy themselves.

Up to speed? Good.

Konami posted this on twitter today. Don't get excited, it's just a clothing line.

2860125-1984.jpg

You might like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPcywOMQXoQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnRKHJj_fts

Also this, eeeeeep.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SLWAbYTvzU

Japan oh japan.

At some point, am not sure to giving my money to Konami for Phantom Pain, maybe when is doing to be low price. but overall am not giving them full price 70$ for this. doing to be my last game for Konami for darn sure.

Edited by Daisy-Fan

My money is going to gamestop, Sorry kojima I love you and all but unless you provide a way to buy directly from you I won't buy the game new knowing that some of that share is going to Konami.

The DLC I'm gonna hate buying regardless no way to not support konami unless I pirate it via using someone elses account.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Okay its not "the" REX we know, but thats definitely a REX Metal Gear. wth is it doing being made soo early?!

Have you figured out who the burning man is? I can't believe it's who everyone is saying it is,

I mean, it's Volgin! Wonder what he'll be doing...

Okay its not "the" REX we know, but thats definitely a REX Metal Gear. wth is it doing being made soo early?!

REX's designs were developed way back during the Cold War in MGS3 by Granin but it was ignored due to the Shagohod. He did send the designs to Huey and considering what happens in GZ its possible that the designs were stolen and a prototype was made.

Remember a lot of REX's info as well as other Metal Gears were made private to the public and the fact that Big Boss is fighting a private war with XOF I doubt info about REX being developed in the past would be everywhere. For all we know the REX that was developed during MGS1 was just Armstech's way of having a strong weapon after hearing what happened or something like that if that makes sense.

Have you figured out who the burning man is? I can't believe it's who everyone is saying it is,

I mean, it's Volgin! Wonder what he'll be doing...

Is it Hot Coldman? Man I hate that guy!

Also why isn't anyone addressing the flaming unicorn Pegasus?

Looks more low to the ground than the actual REX. Probably an early version, more close to a tank then a walker? I think I can see that it has wheels.

A ton of new information on Metal Gear Solid 5 (MG Informer)

The Hospital Scene (Prologue)

• OPM absolutely adores the opening sequence
  • The coma is a result of Paz’ bomb
  • The hospital is indeed on Cyprus
  • Snake has 108 foreign bodies in his body, including bone and teeth. Too risky to remove shrapnel close to his brain and heart. Blows to the head can cause him to hallucinate
  • The hospital scene lasts for about half an hour according to OXM, about an hour according to OPM, and contains interactive cutscenes, thriller and Japanese horror elements
  • OPM: “Kojima‘s direction and unflinching commitment to challenging expectations and conventions make it the most tense experience ever hosted on PlayStation.”

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Imag

Open World, Buddies & Gameplay

• There are key missions that must be completed, followed by side missions. Completing enough of them will unlock the next key mission. But there are also important side-ops that ‘spring a surprise story when you least expect it’
  • Northern Kabul and the Angola-Zairo border seem to be areas in the game. Mother Base is ‘near the Seychelles’
  • There are around 14 major bases in Afghanistan and over a dozen smaller outposts
  • Missions start at the Air Command Centre, where you can select your buddies
  • The horse is referred to as D-Horse, the dog as D-Dog, and the bipedal mech as D-Walker. Those three and Quiet seem to be your four buddies to choose from
  • You can call the horse while sprinting and it’ll run by your side, allowing you to climb on without losing speed
  • OPM says the horse cannot die, despite earlier reports saying it could, so maybe that has changed since then
  • The dog can sniff out guards and herbs, sit and bark or attack. You can also give him clothes, as implied by the recently revealed action figure. If you don’t rescue him as a puppy you’ll never unlock him
  • The D-Walker (aka Walker Gear) can fold its legs and roll on a pair of wheels. You can shoot guards while inside, and it can also carry people (captured soldiers probably)
  • Enemies will have their own Walker Gears which you’ll be able to hijack
  • First mission is to rescue Kaz from the town of Da Ghwandai Khar, requiring intel obtained in the village of Da Wialo Kallai
  • You can slalom off a slope inside a cardboard box
  • Small animals are carried in Snake’s pockets instead of fultonned back to Mother Base
  • It seems like you can play as the regular soldier characters as well (those you’ve recruited)
  • Near photorealism and gorgeous skies
  • The enemies referred to in the trailer as ‘Those Who Don’t Exist’ seem to be part of the so called ‘Parasite Unit’. They travel in sandstorms, can jump over canyons, turn into smoke and run at high speeds
  • If you call in air support you’ll lose your potential S-rank. However, you can also use the helicopter to distract enemy patrols
  • The Chicken Hat allows Big Boss to be spotted up to three times before going into alert phase
  • The extraction chopper is called Peqoud, a reference to Moby Dick, of which there are many more
  • You can find boomboxes that will give you new cassette tapes containing 80s classics and other types of music, featuring artists like Billy Idol, David Bowie and Richard Wagner
  • One mission has you scale a dam while you search for a Mujahideen hideout
  • You can hear radio chatter talking about Quiet and her ‘bloody trail’
  • Rescuing her makes for ‘a classic scene’
  • Reinforcements don’t just appear out of nowhere when alert is raised, they have to travel from nearby bases. This means you can anticipate and lay out traps
  • Among the Side Ops are objectives like hunting a legendary bear or capturing former base members gone mad in the wilderness
  • There are no more long cutscenes, but you can listen to hours of interviews and briefings on your iDroid
  • Reloading a checkpoint keeps enemies marked
  • When Big Boss receives a crate with a new item from Mother Base, his animation has him ‘hungrily dive in’
  • Big Boss can deploy an inflatable doll of himself (replacing the Lisa doll?)
  • You can let yourself be carried around to outposts inside cardboard boxes, like in previous Metal Gear games
  • Each mission has multiple side objectives that are revealed once the mission ends
  • When you steal enemy goods (vehicles, mortars, etc), they will not return, so you cannot grind at the same place
  • If you try to lift stuff that’s too heavy for your current Fulton, it’ll come crashing down, alerting guards
  • You can destroy satellite dishes to gain new landing zones and the ability to call in air support

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Imag

Mother Base

• Much like in Peace Walker, every recruitable soldier has a set of skills and grades. There are negative skills as well, such as ‘troublemaker’ and ‘boaster’
  • Mother Base has a Support Unit, a Combat Unit, an R&D Unit, and an Intel Unit
  • The Mother Base Invasion is compared to Dark Souls. You can choose to activate this mode or not
  • Quiet’s presence lowers morale. Morale also decreases if Big Boss is absent for too long
  • OPM states you cannot explore Mother Base’s interior, but they only had a fraction complete

Metal Gear Online

• Three classes will be available at launch
  • Some old modes will return

Character Quotes

“Good news is you’re in the land of the living. The bad news is the whole world wants you dead.” – Ishmael

“You will fight like a real soldier fights. You will forget what Hollywood taught you.” – Ocelot

“Heaven’s not my kind of place anyway.” – Big Boss

Details on the MGSV's Original Soundtrack:

A few days ago the Original Soundtrack for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain went up for pre-order at Amazon Japan, and now some more information has been released.

First off, the soundtrack is actually for Metal Gear Solid V as a whole, and as such it will contain songs from both Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain.

The two discs that are included will contain over 50 songs, both instrumental and vocal tracks.

An image has also been released, but it looks like this could be just a placeholder and not what the actual cover will look like.

Some more impressions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxxFDmpuFmE

Eurogamer

Silent Hills may be dead, but there's still a reference to P.T. via a radio recording.

Polygon

But Kojima's presence is everywhere in The Phantom Pain. At the beginning and end of each chapter of the game, we see his name in credits that roll like an episode of a television show. This was written by Hideo Kojima, the game reminded us. This series was created by Hideo Kojima, bright white text said. It was an uncomfortable reminder, one that felt at times egotistical in its repetition and of some topical import. This is a Hideo Kojima game. The game's box art doesn't say so, but the game will, as often as possible.

Fultoning soldiers with special skills can benefit Mother Base and the Diamond Dogs. In an early portion of the game, I was instructed to recover a translator via Fulton, someone who could interpret the Russian language in real time. Once he'd been recovered I could understand the dialog between Soviet soldiers. Not only did that open up the understanding of small talk and comms, it also let Snake interrogate soldiers for secret information.

During these away missions, players are presented with some critical path tasks, and plenty of optional tasks. Players may recover extra materials or soldiers who specialize in a certain task, or they may be able to recover special blueprints that will unlock new research technology back at Mother Base. Players can also recover totally superfluous objectives, like snatching cassette tapes out of boom boxes with '70s and ‘80s era hits like David Bowie's "The Man Who Sold the World" and Asia's "Only Time Will Tell" for their pure listening pleasure.

However, the mission in which you meet Quiet is one of the most thrilling moments in the game, for reasons I won't spoil. And her sniper skills are apparently beneficial in sneaking missions, according to Kojima, something I was unfortunately unable to test for myself during the game's early portions.

Gamesradar

Mission types are plentiful and varied. Across our 16+ hours, we fought a flaming psychic projection with a shotgun during a tense horseback pursuit, took out key enemy radar emplacements with C4, snuck into heavily-guarded prison complexes to drag out a scientist on our shoulders (with a big benefit for your R&D effort) and used an experimental government weapon to fight a lightning-fast cyborg unit called ‘The Skulls’ - the creepy dead-eyed dudes from earlier trailers.

Being a Kojima game, the best bit is that you don’t even need to fight them: one colleague completed this section just by calling his horse and running away. Or, you could simply opt to chopper down to a random Landing Zone (LZ) on the map, tranquilize a stray wolf and send it on a Fulton recovery balloon back to your HQ (there’s a Red Dead-style list of rare animals to collect). Whatever you decide, you'll need to find as many supplies as possible, because the biggest idea The Phantom Pain yanks from Peace Walker is its best: the Mother Base. 

Gameplay Demo - E3 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uE1MJSZO6c&feature=youtu.be

You guys think they'll do a port of the HD collection for the current Gen systems at some point? I mean with MGSV coming up soon, wouldn't surprise me personally if they announced it out of the blue.

Difficult to say. Kojima was considering an open-world remake of Metal Gear Solid 1 using the Fox engine. However, this seems unlikely with what's happened between Kojima and Konami. As for the MGS HD collection, yeah I think it's likely Konami will want to the bring it to PS4 & Xbox1. The HD collection is supposed to be available on PS Now at some point and I imagine will be one of the X360 games playable on Xbox1 via the recently announced backwards compatibility.

• 3 weeks later...

MGSV: TPP - Freedom of Infiltration Gameplay Demo

Back at E3 , we showed you how you could complete the mission "A Hero's Way" using one type of approach. 

Today, we're going to try something else and show you some variations using a different buddy and other types of equipment, in addition to other approaches to the same mission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqu0nRb0puM&feature=youtu.be

this character's already appeared in the latest trailer

T'S PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ

mantis is paaaaz

more seirously though, I'm disappointed the filter doeasn't have a peace sign. the trailer seemed to show that