Awoo.

Stop Online Piracy Act & Protect IP Act

Mega

e53e619a-eea2-45e0-9551-1d22161508b7.jpg

It really blows my mind how so many people who govern the modern world can act so oblivious to the properties and use of such fundamental and critical technology. I know for a fact that none of the people who created, sponsored or supported these legislations intend to cripple the internet as a whole, yet that we have to protest so hard to get these people to merely comprehend the rammifications let alone disapprove of them really shows the growing disconnect between the people and the government's awareness and understanding of their needs. It's by no means a new phenomenon, particularly for Washington, but what's scaring me now is how apparent ACTA and TPP make it that international issues are very difficult to organize opposition for.

Their development is apparently very easily hidden from the citizens of any country involved and does nothing to help the idea that governments aren't a group of shadowy dark room conspirers. Even more than than the contents of these agreements, it's really an issue to me that international legislation as major as ACTA and TPP can come out of nowhere and information about them be legally and willfully withheld by world leaders.

• Thumbs Up 3

These people are trying way to damn hard.

And more and more people are learning about it, and it's just pissing them off.

• Thumbs Up 2

http://maddox.xmission.com/

This front page message is probably the most important message the online characature known as Maddox has ever posted. I highly suggest reading it, because it perfectly states what I hate about humanity these days: we are incapable of doing ANYTHING.

I hope SOPA passes.

Because that's exactly what we need to wake up from this slumbering, do-nothing, "occupy everything," stagnant, non-action slump we Americans are in.

"Protest schemes that don't cost the participants any inconvenience, hardship or money remain the most popular, despite their ineffectiveness." -Snopes

We're a country where people think that...

• Boycotting gas for a day makes a difference. It doesn't. Delaying when you buy gas by a day only broadcasts your intentions to oil speculators so they can profit. And the oil still gets purchased a day before or after anyway.

• Neurotically recycling every single shred of garbage in your home makes a difference. It doesn't. Even if you, your neighbors, and everyone you've ever met recycled everything and reduced your waste output to zero, it wouldn't even make an observable impact on overall waste production in the world. Household waste and garden residue account for less than 3% of all waste produced in the US. That's less than the average statistical margin of error, and most people don't even come close to producing zero waste.

• Changing your profile picture on Facebook will get people to: A) stop abusing kids cool.png stop molesting kids C) stop killing kids and D) do anything.

• Signing an online petition, or changing the front page of your website to protest SOPA will fix anything.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 7

This front page message is probably the most important message the online characature known as Maddox has ever posted. I highly suggest reading it, because it perfectly states what I hate about humanity these days: we are incapable of doing ANYTHING.

"The revolutionary war is a war of the masses; it can be waged only by mobilizing the masses and relying on them".

Mao Zedong (The Little Red Book).

Okay What the f*ck! Another one! First SOPA, then PIPA then ACTA and now TPP!?

Do the goverments have nothing to do but try to ruin internet? Hello! Its freaking Crisis and you should care about that! And instead you make 4 bills/agreements. And dont even let us read it?

Politicans say that both agreements are "buisness only and wont affect internet users" as reason to why ACTA was secret. Is it Democracy? No!

I bet we are going to find something worse than TPP in the next couple of weeks. XP

Here's something scary and sadly true:

http://www.memecente...ast-night-tokyo

Well, it's not EXACTLY what he wanted, but it's still a good start. :/

EDIT: Actually, ACTA was signed 3 months ago in October. The bill just isn't in effect yet.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFan

Okay What the f*ck! Another one! First SOPA, then PIPA then ACTA and now TPP!?

Do the goverments have nothing to do but try to ruin internet? Hello! Its freaking Crisis and you should care about that! And instead you make 4 bills/agreements. And dont even let us read it?

Politicans say that both agreements are "buisness only and wont affect internet users" as reason to why ACTA was secret. Is it Democracy? No!

Actually, what I think is absolutely terrifying is that it doesn't stop at the internet. It will apply to our day to day lives. If you read all of what this agreement does, and what it implies, it's one of my greatest fears.

I hate that we are actually having to fight this. This has gotten way out of hand. I didn't want this, but if it has to pass to grab the public's attention, as it will make almost everyone​ a criminal in one way or another, so be it. There is absolutely no way it can end well at this point, but to say it will cause public outrage is an understatement.

Edited by Phantomime

They're going to force World War 3 at this rate. They have absolutely no idea how stupid they're being.

I know I've said it before, but we were talking about SOPA then, and this is much worse.

• Thumbs Up 1

With all this hanging over our heads I can safely say that the energy created from everyone who ever campaigned for human rights spinning in their graves would be enough to power the entire world.

Why do they have to destory people's careers and livelyhoods just to make a fast buck? Shouldn't that be illegal?

How do they sleep at night?

Why does the money come first before justice? They were the ones that gave people the tools to download products illegaly, They should be facing trial and rotting in jail then passing laws

I really need to get this off my chest, I'm just so sick of all this greed.

• Thumbs Up 7

For those who want to protest go to one of these links (that is closest to you) or make petition if not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16757142

It seems that the UK has signed this too.

I'd love to join the protests but I doubt my parents would let me. I hate it that I'm too young to do this sort of thing.

No no no no NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I pray to God America won't play into this as well!

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

^ Sure. If this is truly the end then men and women of Ssmb,it has truly been an honor being on this forum with you. RIP Internet.

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

So guys, anything you want to say before the internet shuts down?

Yeah.

Calm your tits because the internet's not shutting down, the government is getting no more power than it already had and used. These bills are changing nothing about the government's ability to police the internet, because if they want to fuck with it, they can and have.

The only, only thing these bills are doing is raising awareness of it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Information has never been capable of being owned, and it never will be. The whole idea is like a snake eating itself, because those who claim ownership have themselves consumed vast quantities of free information in order to pursue their legal rights over what they call their own. Who can type one sentence of a thesis without using letters crafted by the dead? And who has paid for their letters?

An interesting comment from the article in my other reply, maybe there's hope that the stupidity of blocking the internet will make the whole law collapse on itself.

Also it's nice to see Issa still speaking out against it all, that man has my respect.