Awoo.

The Hot Dog Topic

Mick

sabrett%20mini%20cart.jpg

There's a pizza topic and a hamburger topic. I have decided to make a hot dog topic. You might have seen this one coming. Anyone here like hot dogs? Which brand of hot dogs you prefer?

I like 'em, I like 'em plain. I never get a hot dog with stuff on it. I remember I had ketchup on my hot dogs years ago, but then I went to having them plain sometime in the mid 90's. I prefer Sabbrett

I like Dietz and Watson hotdogs with spicy brown mustard and fried onions. Sometimes I eat it with chili if it's available.

Edited by sonfan1984

I don't eat hot dogs at home at all really. They're either at BBQ's or at the cinema or when out. Hot Dog's are nice with Lincolnshire or Cumberland sausage though. With ketchup and onions. To date, the only Chili Dog I've ever had in my life was at Summer of Sonic this year. I'm not a fan of chili but I had to try one anyway.

102_1623.jpg

My god...my Sonic figurine is so unbelievably thin, he ought to eat them! XD

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love Hot Dogs. I used to only have them with Ketchup since my tastebuds refused to allow me to like Mustard. Now though, I can't get enough of it! Mustard everywhere! No onions or anything though, bleck.

And, of course...nothing beats a Chilli Dog!

I still don't like mustard, though that may change. I occasionally have them with ketchup, but I usually don't since it's faster and means it won't be messy. I have had chilli dogs though, and they're awesome. I wish we could have them more often, but oh well. Guess I'll have to stick to onion rings.

Eh, hot dogs can be good. I'm usually more fond of the fun shit you can put on them to mix up the tast. Relish? Mustard? Bacon? Lettice? Mayo? Hell, you can even batter them up and deep fry 'em. So much fun to just mix and match toppings and find out what tastes good, and they're one of the few dishes that are that flexible.

Also, I made chili dogs a few months back, with some home-made chili....

homemade_chili_dogs_by_exshad-d4b7w2z.jpg

They were delicious.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 1

I love hot dogs. Give me a hot dog - I don't care what brand it is or what it has on it, I'll eat it and enjoy it.

The absolute best hot dogs are hot dogs with onions though. Lots and lots of onionssssss

Edited by ovarloard

I love hotdogs with ketchup on it! Sometimes I put relish on my hot dog as well. I'm often told that mustard goes better on a hot dog, but I hate the taste of mustard.

• Thumbs Up 1

One day I will make the perfect chili dog.

It'll be beanless, because I was born without the ability to like beans. But this will not prevent me from creating beautiful wiener-smothering chili.

I have high quality chili powder sent to me from another state. I have a tiny glass vial of it. I will use it.

For the perfect chili.

I'll be looking for the best recipe in the meanwhile.

You'll see.

You'll all see.

• Thumbs Up 2

'The Varsity' in Atlanta makes the world's best chili-dog. There is no arguing this.

Ohhhhh yes, there is. I live and go to school exceedingly close to the Varisty and have had their chili dogs on a few occasions- mistakes I will regret for the rest of my life.

But in thinking about it, I'd say I have a notable affinity for hot dogs. If they're available at chains or theaters, they're usually my go-to snack versus anything else available. But believe it or not, my local QuikTrip makes the best ones I've had outside of home. They're slow-cooked on a rotating rack, and the bread is kept soft and warm below. Great on their own, but ambrosia when given toppings. Any toppings, it doesn't matter.

Don't understand Checkers' chili dogs, though. The raw onion on top completely ruins it.

@ Indigo: No beans in the chili? No good. 8(

My school canteen makes the best hotdogs, even though they are plain.

I usually have cheese on my hotdogs when I have them at home (which really isn't enough)

I plan on trying a chilli dog one day when I find a place in Canberra that makes them.

Mmmmm...I love hot dogs. Before, I only had them just with ketchup, but now I only like hot dogs with mustard.

I'm really particular about my hot dogs. They've gotta be all-beef. I hate mushy, different kinds of meats mixed into one. Bleh. My favorite brands would be Ball Park or Hebrew National (no I'm not Jewish, I just like the hot dogs).

Toppings? Well, it's GOT to have Ketchup. I don't like relish, but I sometimes cut up pickles and stack 'em on top. Onions are good, too.

And chili dogs... yummmm. I don't like beans that much, so it's mostly meat when I make it. (and it's OK, since it's beef on top of beef. so HA.) And cheese... mmmm. If I ever go out to get a chili dog, Dairy Queen's and Sonic's are the best. Sonic Drive-In WOULD have the best fast-food chili dogs! *buh-dum, tsh!*

'The Varsity' in Atlanta makes the world's best chili-dog. There is no arguing this.

Cincy's 'Skyline Chili' takes silver.

Edited by Kevin

I like ketchup and a little bit of mustard. I tried a chili dog from Sonic (No, really) not too long ago. It seemed alright, but I don't think that was exactly the ideal place to try a chili dog <_<

Whenever a new Sonic game comes out I have Chilli Dogs for lunch.

My own personal customisation is to get the hot dog buns, line the bottom of them with roughly crumbled plain tortilla chips like Doritos or whatever, put the hot dog in, pour the chilli on top, and then a dollop of sour cream on top of that. Messy as hell but delicious.

There's usually plenty of chips, chilli and sour cream left over too so it's a dip-fest after.

(My personal preference is Stagg Vegetable Garden Chilli and Sainsbury's own vegetarian hot dogs from the frozen section).