Awoo.

The Cooking Topic.

King Frosty

Well. Indigo said somebody should make it. :r

So this is the cooking topic. Where everybody can discuss and share tips on making meals and such. I'm learning to be a chef somewhat myself. ^^

So what meals have you created? Tried to do but need help? Or can make on your own? :)

I can make alot of baked stuff. Cakes, cookies, etc. And I don't even eat them. :P

Learning how to make hamburger meat and such.

DISCUSS. =D

• Thumbs Up 4

Fuck Yeah, a food topic.

hmm, I don't make a lot of meals for myself, but since my dead is getting old, I've been starting to make some dishes; I only mostly know basic things like Meat, French Toast, etc.

I really like cooking but I don't like cooking boring stuff (microwave things etc) however at the moment our kitchen doesn't have a cooker and we only have a tabletop oven. The downstairs kitchen does have a cooker and oven but it's Jez's Granny's/Dad's and I hate going up and down the stairs or having to stand around in a space that isn't mine. So cooking is not so fun at the moment.

As we speak I am making broccoli, courgette and leek cheesy bake.

Edited by Mollfie

......But I already made ya the topic. ;w;

anyways. I love cooking as well and hope a chef can be one of my career options when I'm older. I'm somewhat good at it. I've made alot of sweet stuff like Cakes, Pies, Cookies etc. And Pizza and Brownies as well. I have some recipes that I'll share later as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

:[

The second I posted that in the status, I went straight to writing this, lol.

I'll ask a mod to merge.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cooking is actually really fun, but unfortunately I'm not very good at it...but I still get the ''MA HANDS=AWESOMENESS!'' feeling when I succeed with a recipe, even if it is a very simple one.

Edited by Kid Mind
  • Thumbs Up 1

>Find a new cookie recipe

>goes to the store to get the ingredients

>drives home really excited to try it out

>gets ready to make them

>forgot the butter

SAEDFASDFADSGADSGASDGADSFDGQADSFASFD WHY.

Lately I've been just making peperoni pizzas, I've gotten pretty good at it.

Though without a convection oven, it will always come out soggy.

>Find a new cookie recipe

>goes to the store to get the ingredients

>drives home really excited to try it out

>gets ready to make them

>forgot the butter

SAEDFASDFADSGADSGASDGADSFDGQADSFASFD WHY.

Lately I've been just making peperoni pizzas, I've gotten pretty good at it.

Though without a convection oven, it will always come out soggy.

Ooh, I have yet to try pizza. I haven't had much time to be that ambitious. How do you go about making them?

Also, I think you could use vegetable oil in place of butter and be just fine.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ooh, I have yet to try pizza. I haven't had much time to be that ambitious. How do you go about making them?

Also, I think you could use vegetable oil in place of butter and be just fine.

In the mix? I'm not talking about oiling the pan.

I used to love making Gypsy Toast. You cut slices of bread in half, dip them in whisked eggs so they're coated, let them slices drip away the excess egg mix then shallow fry them in a frying pain until they're browned. So delicious :9 But my mom said that it was unhygenic -_- Ridiculous. There's nothing remotely unhygenic about Gypsy Toast as long as the egg coating is cooked through so it's not raw.

Nice with thawed berries from those huge bags you can get from CostCo and a sprinkling of icing sugar :D

• Thumbs Up 1

The type of Pizza's I can do are the small circle ones. :r I'll learn how to make pies soon though XP

I can give you some tips when you do :D

For anyone who want's to make pizza: put honey in the crust mix, it cooks better and tastes better as well.

In the mix? I'm not talking about oiling the pan.

Yeah, in the mix. Butter is essentially oil, and you can use vegetable oil or shortening as a good substitute. It's not the same as real butter, but it should have the same effects.

Here's a chart of common ingredients and substitutes for them:

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Common-Ingredient-Substitutions/detail.aspx

OH YEEEEAH.

I love cooking. Picked up lots of ideas watching my mom, and I've managed to make my own stuff before. It's really just a matter of patience, where to find good recipes, and the occasional experimentation. The little things count!

I made my own tuna salad melt (open faced) sandwiches the other day I was pretty happy with, actually! The only thing is that it became SLIGHTLY watery in the Tupperware...but only slightly.

Take!

Package of Tuna, or I guess you could get a can, just dry that stuff

Jar of Mayonnaise (A delightful instrument)

Black Olives

Parsley

Jar of Pickles

Salt & Pepper

Cherry Tomatoes

Bread (Pumpernickel is great with tuna)

Cheese (Mozarella is great, if you have any Parmesan, the real stuff, and/or Fontina, they blend great together)

Lemon Juice or Squeeze the Lemon yourself

So!

Preheat your oven to 450-500 F (not sure what that'd be in Celsius). Go ahead and toast the bread very lightly if you need to, and get some foil paper and a baking sheet or something like it.

It all depends on what "feels" right, in terms of mixing. Just start with the chopping, dice the tomatoes, pickles, olives, and chop or tear the parsley. Don't forget to rinse the tomatoes and parsley in water before doing so. Get all your veggies prepared, get a medium sized bowl or Tupperware, and toss in the tuna and mayonnaise first, then, just toss in the veggies and stir. Voila! Pretty easy. Salt and pepper to taste, and don't forget to add a pinch of lemon juice, or just chop about, say, 1/4 a lemon and squeeze it in yourself. Rolling the lemon on the cutting board before you chop helps the squeezing process.

Also, a SMALL pinch of balsamic vinegar actually compliments the mix pretty swell.

You're tuna is ready! Now cover and put it in the fridge if you like your tuna cold, or just leave it out while you prepare the second part, the bread and cheese (this is the melt of the tuna melt). Get your slices of bread, put it on the baking sheet, and sprinkle the cheeses. If you just have mozzarella that's a-okay, but real Parmesan and some thin slices of Fontina cheese all blend pretty well if you're feeling adventurous. Hopefully, you're oven is ready. Pop that bread in and let it melt, it'll only take a few minutes since the ovens hot, and you're bread should be nice and crispy.

I'd recommend just turning on an oven light and staying in the kitchen to keep an eye on it, you're mileage may vary by how fast the bread will crisp and the cheese will melt!

And BAM! You got a tuna melt ready. I'd recommend letting the toasted bread and cheese just for a minute or two before putting on the tuna, unless you like your tuna to get warm.

I can give you some tips when you do biggrin.png

For anyone who want's to make pizza: put honey in the crust mix, it cooks better and tastes better as well.

I'll take them now if you want. :)

....But I don't like honey ;w;

While I DO help my mum make spaghetti, I've not done much cooking outside of school. Which I'm not too happy about. :(

However, I've made stuff like Apple Crumble, Beef Burgers (From scratch save for the buns), a pepperoni pizza, where one half is pepperoni, and the other is ham, also from scratch save the toppings, and a lot more besides.

So yeah- Cooking, I adore it, but I dun do enough. :\

This topic is made for me <3 I love to cook and it has always been one of my biggest passions. I believe that cooking is one of those things that allows us to create something that can truly be touching. It can delight the senses and soothe those primal desires to have a full stomach.

I am by no means a professional cook/chef. It's merely a hobby (and with my work now I don't have much time to nurture it/expand it) for me. If you'd like any recipes, feel free to ask.

Lots of personal pictures so beware!

Here's the first course!

sonicgyoza1.jpg

This was actually my first time making gyoza. My crimping has gotten 10x as fast and prettier.

img0795lk.jpg

Continuing on, how about a California Roll? One of my guilty pleasures at any sushi place (and I've had plenty of sushi in Japan)!

img0534wz.jpg

How about California fare? BBQ chicken pizza! Not the prettiest, but it's called cleaning out the fridge! The crust is homemade. It had a delicate crisp crust with a chewy and airy inside.

img0509e.jpg

I got into bread making hardcore a while back. Honey wheat rolls. They were heavenly right out of the oven. The touch of sweetness from the honey subdued that tannin beautifully.

img0546pc.jpg

How about an egg custard tart? A mini one to be precise! If you've eaten Dim Sum before it's the same thing! A smooth, mellow custard... delightful.

img1070hx.jpg

I wanted to recreate a pastry that I love at this one bakery. It has the perfect hint of sweet with the fruit and fresh cream. The crispy, buttery pastry ties it so well together. This was my best attempt. Yes, it took me forever.

Sorry if I overloaded on the images! I'll take them away if needed! I hope you were inspired in some way from seeing these!

Edit: Oops! Wash it down with this you guys! A blue drink for our favorite hero!

1240912557patchblue.jpg

Edited by Patch Black
  • Thumbs Up 6

The best thing I've ever cooked is cheese-filled chicken fillets, wrapped in bacon with Pesto and rice. I cook that one meal but I haven't tried anything beyond that. :V