Awoo.

Rayman 3 HD

Mark1

Epic news! I never got a chance to play it when it came out, and I can never find a used copy anywhere.

Hope it keeps the voice acting in, as I liked it from what I heard of it in videos.

Who knows, maybe their testing the waters, and if this sells enough, maybe we can see a true Rayman 4? *drools*

Platformers are making a comeback!

Edited by 'Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 3

I am so gonna buy this. Hopefully the remake of Rayman 2 that is inevitable is a lot better than the crappy ports we keep getting.

Didn't I make a post here a few minutes ago? Did I not click post or something xD

Anyway, awesome news! 3 has always been my favorite Rayman. Great gameplay and the best humor in the series. Can't wait for this =)

and new 3D game, please.

Dammit, and I just bought it used, too.

...okay, like a year ago. For less than two dollars. But I was just about to get around to playing it!

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this anyway, though; this is definitely a game that will benefit from an HD upgrade. I'm surprised they went with this and not Rayman 2, but I guess they figured they'd milked that cow enough? Or maybe they were just trying not to hurt the 3DS version's sales or something, I dunno.

I would like to see 2 get a HD release.

Hasn't 2 been re-released enough time already? They may just be simple ports, but eesh. At least this is a different port.

I've not played R3 before, but have been wanting to for ages. Shame it's just a simple HD ports that's coming through XBLA/PSN though.

Hope it keeps the voice acting in, as I liked it from what I heard of it in videos.

I... is there a reason they wouldn't? The voice acting being lost would be like, half of the game's personality gone. D8

• Thumbs Up 1

maybe we can see a true Rayman 4? *drools*

Rayman Origins IS Rayman 4.

Anyways: Great news. Though I can't play it because of no 360 or PS3, the third one has never been re-released much. Would love a Wii U release in the future ^_^

I was just talking about giving this game a go on the Tiny Chat the other day! Wonderful news. I'll be keeping an eye out for this!

So, I just took a look at the screenshots.

It's graphically identical, but with an upped resolution.

Custom resolutions were possible on the PC version anyway.

Leave thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

...wait, really?

I wasn't paying very close attention, so I figured that screenshot was just there to, uh... remind us what the original looked like, or something. Uh. That kind of sucks, I guess.

So, I just took a look at the screenshots.

It's graphically identical, but with an upped resolution.

Custom resolutions were possible on the PC version anyway.

Leave thread.

That's my query answered! I'll save my money and stick with the PC version if the extras/whatever else they might put in it aren't that great.

I... is there a reason they wouldn't? The voice acting being lost would be like, half of the game's personality gone. D8

Edited by 'Ferno

OMFG YES!!!!. Man I have a lot of sweet memories playing this game as a kid. Yet another gem from my childhood being brought back in glorious HD. Now if only Crash can make a comeback.

Really? Wow, I'm surprised, I thought Michael Ancel expressed his dislike for this game, so I really wasn't expecting a remake.

Well, I'm interested. The only thing I hated about this game was how horribly short it was, so here's to hoping that a few extra levels are added into it.

YES!!! You can't play Rayman 3 on an Xbox 360 by disk so this is EPIC NEWS!

I love Rayman 3, it's epic and bloody funny.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Oh, so it's just a port with higher resolution? Lame. These sorts of things always sound like they should be part of a collection instead of standalone releases.

I don't care about graphics or new stuff. I'm just glad it's getting a re-release like the others keep getting. Plus my eyes are crappy anyway, so I doubt I'll notice the whole HD yawn fest.

I know what you mean about voice acting too. I still have the Gamecube version and was replaying it recently. Globox is freakin' hilarious! (So is Murfy.)

Rayman 3 was already visually gorgeous to begin with. Unless they would remake the models completely, much like Just Add Water is doing with their upcoming remakes of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath and Munch's Oddysee, it doesn't really get much better.

Which reminds me that Just Add Water still haven't released the Stranger's Wrath remake, even though it was slated for this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSUZhRJwfGU

Oh boy do I look forward to doing this again. It's about time Rayman 3 gets the treatment it deserves, always living in the shadow of it's more influential predecessor. Rayman 3, along with Psychonauts and Beyond Good & Evil, were some of the only games that generation to truly give me the blissful sense of adventure.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't recall Ancel disliking 3, in fact I remember him mentioning the way Rayman acts in 3 being the way Rayman was always supposed to be.

MUST GET

I'm honestly not the biggest rayman fan, But I bloody enjoyed Rayman 3, one of the first 3D Platformers I completed all by myself :D

This news couldn't have come at a better time with me currently playing Rayman Origins and being in a pretty Rayman-y mood. Nice to see this game getting some love. It's easily one of my favorite platformers, although I'm not really sure if I'd say I prefer it to Rayman 2 (I'd say they're tied). Regardless though, it's great to see a new version of Rayman 3 and not the 1000th version of Rayman 2.

I do still own the original PS2 version, but I'll still get this regardless to experience this great game again with HD and achievements/trophies and to support 3D Rayman (Rayman 1 and Origins are great, but I'd love to see a new 3D Rayman game).

• Thumbs Up 1