Awoo.

Rayman 3 HD

Mark1

I didn't realise it was out so soon! Is there a price for it, yet?

I probably won't get it right from the off since I have so many games to finish already, but it's definitely on the list.

The first game I played on the PS2 was Rayman Revolutons (the ported version of PS1's Rayman 2). Visually it was a very good looking game. It had good gameplay. The hub levels flowed nicely with the connecting levels. It was a game with plenty of sillyness that never took itself too seriously.

Then along came Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc, and I was blown away by just how good it was. Visually it was beautiful/stunning, and that was on the PS2!. Just imagine how good that game will look on HD widescreen. In Rayman 3 they did away with the hub levels. The levels just flow from one to the other which works really well. The bosses are well designed. When you take on the monster boss with the staff in the middle of the game and at the end it really does feel epic.

So to get this game with trophies/achievements is every welcome. I think Rayman 3 is the best in the series to date. I hope they will do a Rayman 4 3d game. Although I think there will be quite a wait for it.

Would definitely buy this... if it was released on the Vita, why would I possible want to buy this when I already own it on my PC. Great for people who never got into Rayman tho. Really hope that they will make a Rayman 4 (for next-gen consoles).

Yeah, I got a few Thumbs Down responses for mocking the Platinum freaks on PS3Trophies.org - I'm yet to understand the fascination with Platinum trophies and would love someone to explain it to me.

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree, what's the big deal with Trophies and Achivements? I'd understand if It'd help you unlock special features in the game, or helped you get things off of the Arcade/Shop/whatever the console has...

But from what I've seen all they really are is just bragging rights... Ooooh, how exciting. dry.png

I dunno, I only have an Xbox 360, so I don't really know if the Trophies are any slightly different.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I like Achievements a lot, but to not buy a game because of them? I find that stupid.

• Thumbs Up 3

The only difference with Trophies is that if you get all of the trophies in a retail game, you get given a "Platinum" trophy (so it's like an extra Achievement, in a sense). I don't quite get the fascination with only buying games with Platinum trophies though, unless these are people who only care about their Trophy level as opposed to playing games they like, but then maybe I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. :|

That's an incredibly stupid reason to not get such a great game.

It's NOT stupid if I played the game before. If they want my money again, I sure want a platinum trophy. I am after all, one of those trophy platinum hunters.

The only difference with Trophies is that if you get all of the trophies in a retail game, you get given a "Platinum" trophy (so it's like an extra Achievement, in a sense). I don't quite get the fascination with only buying games with Platinum trophies though, unless these are people who only care about their Trophy level as opposed to playing games they like, but then maybe I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. :|

I just like having another platinum in to my name. Also, as you said boosts your trophy level more, way more. Getting a platinum is more rewarding for completing everything in the game.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

Great, another one on my downloadable games list. First S4:E2, then Pixelated Planet, then Jet Set Radio, now this. xD

• Thumbs Up 1

£7.99 on PSN, so I'd assume 800 MSP.

If you're a PS+ member though you get a discount and can get it for £6.39.

Coolio, I can swing £7.99 for the PS3 version. Can't wait to get home now. I prefer the 360 controller but I recently decided I hate Microsoft and since I originally played it on PS2 anyway, may as well add to the nostalgia factor.

Edited by JezMM

Download games never get Platinum Trophies, Ming Ming. Have you been under a rock for the past 4 years?

Me? Under the rock? I think it's *you* that's been living under the rock. Downloadable games can get platinums. I couldn't be bothered to list the games that do have platinums but if you are still interested, I'll list them.

If they're part of collections, like Stranger's Wrath, Sly, and Jak, I'm not quite sure those actually count. I'm talking games specifically released on the PSN arcade or what have you. I have yet to see a game like that which has a Platinum trophy. I mean, not even Resident Evil 4 had a platinum trophy. Though, I have to say...if you're basing your purchases based on trophies...then you're doing it wrong.

Edited by Crow T. Robot
  • Thumbs Up 2

If they're part of collections, like Stranger's Wrath, Sly, and Jak, I'm not quite sure those actually count. I'm talking games specifically released on the PSN arcade or what have you. I have yet to see a game like that which has a Platinum trophy. I mean, not even Resident Evil 4 had a platinum trophy.

There is no such thing as "PSN Arcade". And I'm not talking about retail games that are also released in PSN. There are actual PSN-only titles that has a platinum trophy. Again, if you want me to give you a list I'm more than happy to.

Though, I have to say...if you're basing your purchases based on trophies...then you're doing it wrong.

No, I'm not doing it wrong. That's an opinion. Besides, I don't base my purchases JUST on trophies. I even bought all Sonic and Final Fantasy titles day 1 regardless of trophies. The reason why I may not get this game is because I already played it. If it *did* had a platinum trophy, I would buy this day one.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

The demo plays and looks just as good as the game used to. With the exception of some models looking a tad outdated and lipsyncing/voices being a bit iffy, this is still the same visually stunning game it was years ago; only upscaled. If you missed out on this game ages ago, you have no excuse to do so now.

Unfortunately the worst fears I had for this port was realized.

Madder wasn't licensed for this.

The demo plays and looks just as good as the game used to. With the exception of some models looking a tad outdated and lipsyncing/voices being a bit iffy, this is still the same visually stunning game it was years ago; only upscaled. If you missed out on this game ages ago, you have no excuse to do so now.

Unfortunately the worst fears I had for this port was realized.

Madder wasn't licensed for this.

It's still downloading... I can get a refund right.