Awoo.

Rayman 3 HD

Mark1

I know lol, I kid. I'm gonna miss that intro though. It was so wonderfully formed and uplifting. It is one of the few game intros I watched every single time I loaded up the game.

No, I'm not doing it wrong. That's an opinion. Besides, I don't base my purchases JUST on trophies. I even bought all Sonic and Final Fantasy titles day 1 regardless of trophies. The reason why I may not get this game is because I already played it. If it *did* had a platinum trophy, I would buy this day one.

Well, what the hell else would I call it? It's basically the arcade section of the PSN, similar to XBLA. What, PSN originals? That's not what it's called. Either way, still doing it wrong by saying you won't buy it since you already played it, yet then go and buy all the Sonic titles. I doubt you haven't already played those.

2ykar9f.jpg

Give Rayman some love, since Ubisoft is holding the series AND Beyond Good & Evil for ransom depending on how Rayman is doing.

Anyway, enough of these shenaningans. I noticed that Madder wasn't licensed either, which is quite sad. Game is still as glorious as I remember, though.

Edited by Crow T. Robot

Well, what the hell else would I call it? It's basically the arcade section of the PSN, similar to XBLA. What, PSN originals? That's not what it's called.

It's not PSN originals either because PSN originals mean they are exclusive to PSN which most of these games are not. They are just called PSN Games. That's all. They sorta merged small and big downloadable titles in to one. Then there's "PS3 Games" in the PS Store where these games are also available in retail stores. Then PSP games, then Minis.

Either way, still doing it wrong by saying you won't buy it since you already played it, yet then go and buy all the Sonic titles. I doubt you haven't already played those.

*pic*

Difference is, I'm not a huge Rayman fan. I like Rayman, but not as strong as I love Sonic and Final Fantasy. I already played it, I know what it's like and I just don't feel like spending money on this HD upgrade. And it's not like I ruled out buying this anyway, I said I *may* get it. Finding the time to play this game is also essential and I don't have the time.

Give Rayman some love, since Ubisoft is holding the series AND Beyond Good & Evil for ransom depending on how Rayman is doing.

Don't worry, I'm planning to get Rayman Origins for the Vita. So I'll be showing Rayman some love there.

Edited by Ming Ming Love

My only gripe is how ugly the saving became. Odd as they were, I did enjoy watching Rayman hop down the paths to the next level, and the new freeze during saving not only is jarring but cuts them off early.

But yesssss I'm remembering all the little things I loved with this game. The silly french onomatopoeias when you whack stuff, the quirky animations, dat fairy council music.

Unfortunately the worst fears I had for this port was realized.

Madder wasn't licensed for this.

What did they replace it with?

Unfortunately the worst fears I had for this port was realized.

Madder wasn't licensed for this.

They fucking better have Madder as the intro song.

Ringo will explode with anger when he finds out, in other news I should download this anyway right? RIGHT? Edited by Jetronic

What did they replace it with?

Nothing, there's no startup video at all, just goes straight to the title screen.

Ringo will explode with anger when he finds out, in other news I should download this anyway right? RIGHT?

Yeah you should. Even if you have the original to hand and easy to fire up, it's worth spending the money just to promote to Ubisoft that we want another 3D Rayman.

Edited by JezMM

I am crying tears of sadness because I cannot afford this glorious game. Unless my local game store has $10 PSN cards.

at least I can have kid icarus uprising

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I'm trying out the trial right now and, I must say, it's just as fun as I remember it being. Too bad I have to wait until the 1st to purchase it, though.

God, John Leguizamo as Globox! (I like his voice. XP) Why can't we have John Leguizamo as another sidekick or Luigi?...Oh wait.

Edited by Shaggy Rogers

I flip-flopped for a little while on whether I was going to buy this, but all of this lovely praise is getting me interested all over again. I guess I'll pick up a whole bunch of points and save the remainder for JSR and Skies or something. Who needs new games?

So how much does this game cost on XBL? I might get it if I like the demo.

800 MS points, that's the equivalent of 10, right?

Yes, it is.

And I'm sad that I'll have to wait to get this amazing game, I haven't played it in years. Hopefully Ubisoft will start working on another 3D Rayman game soon. It's been too long.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anyone noticed that CGI cutscenes doesnt have sound in PS3 ver? I mean I tried everything and those are still mute. It pisses me off cause Doctor scenes were like most hillarious in whole game.

Other than that game is still as awsome as I remember it. There are some bugs there and there but its still awsome.

They have sound for me. Are you sure the game installed correctly? I mean, the intro is pre-rendered, isn't it? Got sound in that.

Oh dear, haven't reached the second CGI scene yet. D= Shall let you know. That'll really suck if so. ESPECIALLY since I mainly bought the PS3 version coz I got sick of all the money-grubbing 360 updates. 8C

Any frequent Ubisoft flyers familiar with their vigilance for updates?

Edited by JezMM

Decided to check this out to see if I want origins or not. I never played Rayman when I was younger, so.....yeah, how is it?

Origins and Rayman 3 are completely different. The former is a fast-paced, action platformer that plays like a crossover of Donkey Kong Country Returns and Super Meat Boy.

Rayman 3 is an expansive 3D platformer with a linear progression but expansive worlds. There's no hub or map, and the worlds are divided in a set of areas. You can return to other worlds at any given time, kind of like Sonic Adventure 2's story mode.

Rayman Revolutions had hub levels to an extent. Rayman 3 Hoodlum Havoc just flowed seemlessly from area to area. Origins is fast paced, retry manic, controller smashing frustration getting those fucking teeth.

What do all three games have in common? Lets see: beautiful graphics, a fun adventure and great replay value. A successful series with great 2d and 3d games. Dimps did a good job with Origins. Rayman 4 with next gen graphics? yes please! Rayman 3 HD is a great tribute to the original version just like Sonic CD 2011 was. Thank you Ubisoft.

Edited by MilesKnightwing

I'm playing the PS3 version and the CGI cutscenes have audio for me. Granted, the sound seems pretty low on them (lower than the in-game audio), but they still have sound.

Although is anyone noticing a choppy framerate in some of the boarding ares? The second disco area in particular sticks out in my mind as being very choppy in this port. I don't remember it being like that in the original.

Dimps did a good job with Origins.

Dimps didn't have anything to do with Origins.

Edited by Gamerguy21

I'm playing the PS3 version and the CGI cutscenes have audio for me. Granted, the sound seems pretty low on them (lower than the in-game audio), but they still have sound.

Although is anyone noticing a choppy framerate in some of the boarding ares? The second disco area in particular sticks out in my mind as being very choppy in this port. I don't remember it being like that in the original.

Dimps didn't have anything to do with Origins.

I am sure I saw Dimps mentioned in the end credits of Origins. Perhaps I was wrong. If so my bad.

I am sure I saw Dimps mentioned in the end credits of Origins. Perhaps I was wrong. If so my bad.

Would be pretty bizarre considering Dimps are a japanese company aren't they? Ubisoft are french.