Awoo.

96 year old man learns how to read!

Mick

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/22/author-james-arrudra-henr_n_1107528.html

Yes, a 96 year old man learns how to read. AND... you'll have to click on the link to read what else he does.

I'm super impressed by this. You will not believe what else he did... unbelievable! I forget that there are illiterate people. I'm so amazed by this news story. I guess this is more good news for ya.

Wow. I can't imagine living that long and being illiterate O_O

Edited by Dark Energon Johnny

Surely there's an element of this that is sort of like congratulating the slowest runner for reaching the end of the race...

...eventually!

But no, these surprising stories about the possibilities of the mind are always nice.

It's always nice to see people accomplishing great feats at any age, and learning how to read after being illiterate for so many years must really be such a great feat. I hope for the best from him.

Um...huh?

I swear, being illiterate is probably the oddest thing you'd hear about for someone like this. I have to say I'm impressed tho.

Stories like this are truly uplifting and inspirational to me. At age 27, I've often found myself thinking "I'm almost 30; I'm too old to get any new skills and it's too late for me to learn anything new. My life is pretty much set now." Then I see a man more than three times my age learning something as complex as reading and writing in two years, and I'm reminded that anything is possible at any age. Good for him!

• Thumbs Up 4

^^ Aw, that's an awesome story. It's really nice and uplifting to have good news posted once in a while, too. :3