Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed going Mobile

Gatestormer

Just saw it. It actually... Impresses me. Really. I hope someone can rip those sprites when it comes out. >_>

e3 Trailer

Uhh, yeah, looks REAL nice imo! The sprite work is real snazzy =O!

Can someone please youtube it, I'm on my wii ;(

Edited by Jetronic

Game looks decent. And here I thought it would be crap. Not really excited though since I won't be able to play it.

Edited by Yong

^Same as the above. Daytime gameplay looks a lot like Sonic Rush, though. And the Werehog actually looks pretty good! (Because it's not one of those characters which stay on the ground and attack by reaching out a bit.)

Some interesting ideas, but I'm wondering why it's running in portrait. The night stuff... in some places it looks fine, in others it looks really awkward.

I'm loving that sprite, and not because it doesn't have green eyes. Not just because.

Lol, we were discussing the trailer RIGHT above your post Stephen.

The trailer looks pretty cool. Not a great framerate, but pretty nice all the same. I'm sad I probably won't get to play it. I want to hear crappy midi versions of the soundtrack!

What's with all the discussion on iphone exclusiveness in the youtube comments section? Are they just the general misinformed ramblings of the none too bright people that frequent that website, or is there some truth to it? Because I find it hard to believe an iphone exclusive game would employ the use of MIDI of all things.

I wouldn't have any problem with it being released on there at all though, since I imagine it would be hell actually trying to see what's happening on the screen using my actual mobile.

All in all it looks good - a bit Sonic Advance-esque but with a few twists at least.

The best I would hope for would be a simplified Sonic Rush. Which would be great, actually.

I am a hedgehog prophet.

I wish they'd have put out a DS version of the game now. I wouldn't mind 2D Ristarhog plus Sonic Rush at all. This looks like it'd be a lot of fun if it wasn't on a cellphone. I guess if I want a Sonic game done I'll just have to make it myself.

So I don't have a cell phone yet.

What type of phone will play this treasure of a game? :D

Seeing that sprite in screen shots now, I can't belive I thought that mess of pixels looked good. I guess it's a good thing the camera move so erratically.

Doesn't look half bad, if I say so myself. Wouldn't mind trying it out one of these days.

why are his spines so damn short?
Because Sonic originally had short spines maybe? XP They just made him look a little more like his original form.

I like how the sprites on this game look like I wish it wasn't only for the Mobile Phones though.. ;(

It looks WAY TO MUCH like Sonic Rush. The only difference is 2D sprites(Rush had 3D sprites), Werehog, Eggman, robots, and (Kinda) lvl design.

I love the way it looks! It looks almost like if the Sonic Rush games were merged with the classic Genesis titles. I got a very nostalgic vibe when I saw the trailer...granted, the Werehog looks absolutely unplayable, but the hedgehog stages looked amazing! I also like how the cell-phone version brings back classic stuff, like underwater areas and the computer-screen item boxes.

Now if only SEGA could release something like this on the VC, PSN, etc.lol

why are his spines so damn short?

Every time they make his quills much longer than they are here, they look cantilevered off the back of his head.

Hmm not bad for a cell game. I do agree with the others that the spines are a tad too small. Ah well, I guess it's playability that counts. That said I wonder how well the werehog controls... Seems like it would be really complicated. Even a Ristar like gameplay approach could prove taxing; I don't know about the rest of you but I found that game to be hard, I can't imagine a similar game with tiny buttons. And with the focus on platforming one wrong button's all you need to kill yourself. :mellow:

Outside of that youtube video, I don't see anywhere where it says it would be on iPhone. I believe it's exclusive to regular mobile cell phones.