Awoo.

Sonic Stadium - Music

Jeffhog

Musical talent? I have some of that!

I'm also very lazy and prone to procrastinating so it's more like "I could contribute" than "I would contribute." But I think it's a fantastic idea and would definitely love to see it happen regardless of whether I get involved. We've got some great musicians here and I bet it could turn out awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

That'd be hawt! :3 Thanks for mentioning me in the OP too. Though do we have enough /dedicated/ musicians to the cause?

As amazing as this would be, I just don't see it holding together well, D;. It reminds me of drawn-art collaboration attempts in the past, but with like a small fraction of the participants. I'm also kinda in Noire's shoes, where I REALLY WANT TO DO THIS, but I don't feel like I can promise that I'll get it done, mainly because it takes me forever to even get my own stuff done due to life and a pinch of laziness. Infact, I shouldn't even consider doing it with being behind 3-4 projects at the moment anyways, XD!

• Thumbs Up 1

I know, vague title for a thread, but that's the idea.

Anyway, here's a little something you might not know about me, but that shouldn't be all that surprising: ever since I was little, I was a massive lurker of the Sonic Stadium - not the forum, but the main pages. What I was truly amazed about was how massive it was. TSS was highly informative, very resourceful, and I thought it was an officially licensed SEGA website back in those days just from the impression it gave off. To this day, the Sonic Stadium still stands as the biggest Sonic fan community on the web, at least to my knowledge.

Looking into the main portal now, I ventured around the sections there were, and I uncovered something funny. When I clicked open Media from the forum, I was led to media.sonicstadium.org which held a treasure trove of OSTs and so on. However, doing so from the main portal of the Sonic Stadium, I reached the Other Downloads division at www.sonicstadium.org/downloads. (Take note that the point of this thread is not to rearrange the tab/links on the top of each page)

Within the Other Downloads section, all there is at the moment is Halloween Pumpkin Stencils.

Then I thought to myself that the Other Downloads can use some heavy remodelling/beefing up.

Did the idea get to you yet? No? Okay. Continue!

With that in mind, I looked around the forums a bit, doing my business as usual. Lurking a few threads, posting a little here and there, and so on. And every once in a while, I'd pop up in the Sonic Showcase subforum. What do I usually check out?

Well, the music!

But then, it struck me.

The Sonic Stadium is one of, if not the biggest Sonic fan community on the internet.

We've got plenty of dedicated fans here.

Some of these fans specialize in certain fields.

We've got talented musicians here who've put up great remixes. Aptiva, for example.

This is the perfect idea to incorporate and show off a certain field of the fans here, to help engage the Sonic Stadium's community into banding together.

IN OTHER WORDS:

The Sonic Stadium

should release

SSS_SONIC66.png

An online Sonic album with fan-made music/music remixes from forum members here.

And by online album, I don't mean iTunes or anything. I mean something along the lines of Project 20's album a few months back, an online downloadable album made entirely by fans and for fans, and we'd advertise it on the main portal as well! Hence, the Other Downloads, since Music belongs to official tracks.

And to be perfectly honest, I find that, if this does work out somehow, it should become a semi-annual/annual thing or so.

So, what do the rest of you think?

I believe

that

the

idea

is

good

but

could

be

said

with

fewer

spoiler tags.

• Thumbs Up 9

Yeah, that's the thing that sucks though. We might not have enough musicians here...

@Biafra: But then the punch wouldn't be as strong! D:

Another thing, we can also use tracks that some of us have already made too. A compilation album sort of sorts. Though it depends on how much we got and how many per person would participate.

Edited by VizardJeffhog

I know that we've got a handful of existing musicians already.

There's me with Checkered Emerald Path, the only arrangement I put up as of now (hint hint).

There's Aptiva with 3 complete remixes, 1 WIP, and two originals for a fan game.

Smooth4Lyfe, another member.

Mikeblastdude has I'm not sure HOW MANY on his YT account already.

Gregzilla14!

Yes, Carbo. SSMB mod.

NastCF had a good 16-bit rendition of Classic Escape from the City.

And I only started looking.

You might be interested to know that I recently made a mash-up remix of Daft Punk's Aerodynamic and the Green Hill Zone theme.

It might give me some incentive to finish my Lava Reef track one of these days, but we'll see. I'm kinda in the same shoes as Blur as in I'd like to do it but I don't know if I could commit. I'm still plugging away at my comic book so...thats my time sink outside of work right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nevermind, let's do this shit, >D. I got inspired randomly at work for some odd reason, and when I got home started working on one motherload of a mix-mash, mainly a lot of the wintery themes of Sonic. Here's a bit of the pieces just put together, but not reflecting the final product (not even mastered yet XD):

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/21/139548//icecapdemo2.mp3

*shameless plug*

But yeah, I'm tempted to go start a Showcase topic for it right now, but I don't know if I should be the one to do so. I guess if anyone else feels like they should, YOU SHOULD RIGHT NOW, or I'll do it, XD.

• Thumbs Up 3

DAYUM, WOLFY.

And no, not a shameless plug at all! 8O WE NEED MORE SELF PLUGS.

So, Showcase topic for the album then?

Eh, if we don't have enough, just make it an "Aptiva does a SSMB album lolol" project; I can probably handle it assuming migraines don't murder me.

• Thumbs Up 3

You know, this is locked, but I'm thinking it should be opened later. The feedback we've got going on the music topic is astounding, and I'm thinking it's enough to maybe do more of these in the future. Maybe not opened here, but I could move it and pin it to the Showcase for any further decision on possible albums to come. I mean how awesome would it be to regularly make these, and maybe more concentrated in ideas, like say "Let's all cover Sonic the Hedgehog 1!"? I know it sounds very Overclocked Remix style, but here we could be a lot more lenient and simply do it for the fun as the tight-knit community we are.

So yeah, after this album is over by the end of the year, keep an eye on this for it reopened, <3.