Awoo.

FANFICTION: Mario and Sonic Adventure

Dr. Mechano

I'm not a fanfiction person...like at all...

But this...this is awesome. If SEGA/Nintendo ever did team up to do a game with a real story staring Mario and Sonic, this is exactly how it should begin.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm most interested, and on the edge of my seat!

Seriously, I don't read fanfiction, but your work is always something I've enjoyed, and this is no different! I'm curious to see how Eggman and Bowser interact. Both are prideful brutes at heart, so I can't imagine their team-up lasting for too long without trials and conflict. It should be VERY interesting to delve into.

Oh, and I have a hunch that Mario and Sonic might have some personality clashes as well? Sonic being arrogant a lot of the time?

lol, sorry for all the speculation, but I'm genuinely interested. :) Chalk me up as a fan.

• Thumbs Up 1

T-that...

THAT WAS BEAUTIFIL! ;A;

I seriously cannot wait for more, this sounds just like the script to a Mario and Sonic game.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm at a loss for words, this is definitely one of the most well written fics that I've ever gotten the chance to read, and I've only been able to able to read the prologue! I can already tell that this fic will be filled with little reference to each franchise, and that I will be drenched in my own fanboyish tears of joy by the time I reach the conclusion.

I APPROVE OF THIS.

I could say the exact same thing as everyone else did but it'd be redundant. But yeah, it's pretty awesome. And as a Mario & Sonic fanboy, I'm really enjoying that fanfiction already.

A winner is you, Mechano.

Edited by Koopalmier

Wow, this is actually pretty cool. Quite surprised it took this long for an interesting crossover between two of the largest game franchises to come up, then again I guess haven't looked at enough.

Pretty sure Eggman's planning to backstab Bowser eventually. There's that tone of insincerity I can feel in his words. Nicely done.

I just want to say that your Eggman dialogue is spot-on for our current writers. Same with Sonic and Tails, but I noticed Eggman's first.

At this point, I'm wondering if Mario and Luigi will be talking. Not sure how I feel about that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks again all! Expect chapter 2 soon! To address an important issue though:

At this point, I'm wondering if Mario and Luigi will be talking. Not sure how I feel about that.

I'm basing it on how they talk in the games, ergo:

Mario speaks, but only in incredibly short phrases. Luigi, however, talks just like anyone else.

In the Paper Mario series and Super Mario Galaxy, Luigi's just as chatty as the rest of the cast. Only the Mario and Luigi games make Luigi take on Mario's mostly-pantomime shtick, so I feel it's true to canon for Luigi to be able to speak.

It's my goal to make this as game-accurate as I can, so Mario will be a man of few words, but Luigi will have normal dialogue.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 2 weeks later...

Kudos to your portrayal of Sonic and Tails. I imagine the new VA's so well with this dialogue.

And I can't help but grin when reading the master of Eggman dialogue do his stuff.

With that said Luigi is one of my favorites so I hope to see him done justice.

As for the story itself, I can't say until it's complete. Thanks for sharing the idea. I may do one of my own next year. Who knows?

Absolutely loved the Eggman dialogue. It's awkward, because I can see the prologue being in an actual game so seamlessly. Chapter 1 is very good as well, and honestly I'm hooked. It's very hard for someone like me to be hooked onto a story, as I'm a fanfic writer myself, but your dialogue is so natural that I don't feel iffy at all.

Good job. I await to see more.