Awoo.

SSMB Festive Season is coming - We need YOUR input!

Flyboy Fox

Oooh fun. I've got a few ideas I could throw out there, I guess.

Christmas Art Contest- really self-explanatory, I think lol.

SSMB Sings- basically, we pick a song, people who want to participate record audio files of them singing it, the files get sent to some somebody who will fuse them all into one (so it sounds like everyone is singing in unison), and bam! That shit goes on YouTube for the entire universe to view. Think something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixevpSuBe_4, but less weeabooish.

A holiday song would be preferred, obviously. We could even bastardize holiday classics by switching the lyrics with Sonic references. Yes, it's embarrassing and weird as all fuck, but that's the name of the game! This is a good weird!

Secret Santa- This will probably be quickly rejected, but I wanna see some feedback for this here idear.

Basically, you'd have to get/make a physical present for whoever your Secret Santa partner is an mail it out to them. This is obviously risky, so if it does happen, there should be some specific rules to follow, i.e.: someone who just joined cannot participate.

It might also be best if we limit ourselves to people close to our regions, since shipping overseas will be a bitch.

• Thumbs Up 6

Secret Santa would work with similar rules to the mixtape swap.

I've also got a nifty idea for a forum game. Can't tell ya though, it's a suprise that only the mods will know of. :o

I'll say right now that if a Secret Santa idea IS considered, it will have to be an online version (art, mp3s, sigs/avatars, drabbles, that kind of a thing). The logistics of location-matching and postage discrepancies just make it too much of a headache, otherwise, especially at this short notice. Plus, I'm sure a lot of people would love to participate but simply can't afford to buy even a small gift. So do bear that in mind.

SSMB Sings- basically, we pick a song, people who want to participate record audio files of them singing it, the files get sent to some somebody who will fuse them all into one (so it sounds like everyone is singing in unison), and bam! That shit goes on YouTube for the entire universe to view. Think something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixevpSuBe_4, but less weeabooish.

A holiday song would be preferred, obviously. We could even bastardize holiday classics by switching the lyrics with Sonic references. Yes, it's embarrassing and weird as all fuck, but that's the name of the game! This is a good weird!

Yes please. I love doing these.

Art contest and digital secret santa sound like swell ideas too. Though honestly I'm happy just to have the SSMB Christmas tree back.

• Thumbs Up 5

• Thumbs Up 7

There is a reason why there are "Five Gold Rings" in the banner~ It's not a singing compilation (although you're free to do such a thing yourselves) but it does have to do with carols! But you'll have to wait and see.

You mean like this?

How about this?

If we do this, they must be Sonic-ized Christmas Carols. AND WE MAKE AN ALBUM OUTTA THEM, WOO

You mean like this?

How about this?

If we do this, they must be Sonic-ized Christmas Carols. AND WE MAKE AN ALBUM OUTTA THEM, WOO

I think we should just do Sonic songs, Live and Learn and Open Your Heart are a must!

Would be allowed to do a bit of Death Metal/Screamo-ness? Although I like legitimately singing, I sometimes break out in this style a bit... Would I be allowed to do that, or would it ruin it? Yes, I AM SERIOUS!!

Glad you brought this kind of thing, I remember you guys doing something similar a while back!happy.png

I've got a T-Pain effect plugin that I have but never ever use maybe I could use that! tongue.png

I've returned to my Layton roots and become Santa Spudhead! I'm willing to do whatever you guys are up for and hope to have a great xmas this year!

Let's see. Art contest has been said along with Secret Santa. Um... Maybe a Sonic bake off or something? we all make our own foods at this time of year, maybe add a blue hedgehog to the mix? Also for the radio we need LOTS of ice level music playing alot. Keeps the feel!

Singing? Ah ha, I can try that! I was in the school shows back a few years and I think I still can (I do so in the shop and I'm not told to shush) so lets ride those sleighs!

Edit2: never mind, my computer caught up.

Edited by Santa Spudhead

This sounds like a ton of fun! A few Christmases ago Indigo, HunterTSF, Frozen Nitrogen, and I came up with a silly Sonic variant of the 12 Days of Christmas in the status updates.

A Sonical Christmas Carol

On the X day of Sonicmas my Hedgehog gave to me~

12 Sonic Heroes

11 Chao-a-playing

10 Badniks' boppin'

9/9/99 (as in, the date the Dreamcast was released)

8 Springs-a-Springing

7 Chaos Emeralds

6 Quills-a-Spinning

5 GOOLLDDEENN RRIINNGGSSS

4 PINGAS Jokes

3 Squaqwking Birds

2 Chili Dogs

and a 1-up in a TV

We originally planned on recording/compiling the song in a manner similar to your idea, but it never panned out. Still, it was a very entertaining project! I think it would be a great for all of SSMB to mix their own Sonic Christmas Carol and sing it together. ^^

• Thumbs Up 3

I promise you guys will get the chance to have fun with Christmas carols very soon - and maybe even be rewarded for it - so please don't give away your ideas quite yet!

• Thumbs Up 2

SSMB SIngs. I've got an interesting little idea for this one.

Members of the SSMB take music from WInter-themed Sonic levels (Ice Cap Zone, Be Wild, Cool, and Groovy, Diamond Dust, etc.) and make up lyrics to them. Similar to thechio's former "(zone here) With Lyrics" series.

Thoughts?

Edited by RockThePlace

SSMB SIngs. I've got an interesting little idea for this one.

Members of the SSMB take music from WInter-themed Sonic levels (Ice Cap Zone, Be Wild, Cool, and Groovy, Diamond Dust, etc.) and make up lyrics to them. Similar to thechio's former "(zone here) With Lyrics" series.

Thoughts?

Why not just sing them without lyrics like SONIC1SONICHEDGEHOG?

• Thumbs Up 2

The card that goes round the world:

We would need to start this now.

get a list of people who want to do it, one guy gets a Christmas card, writes Merry Christmas from (Insert name). Mails it on to someone else... when they recieve it they then add their name and mail it on to someone else... and so on... until it makes it's way back to the original sender.

Totally upto the person sending if they want to include anything with it or not... although for delivery times I suggest they don't.

I promise you guys will get the chance to have fun with Christmas carols very soon - and maybe even be rewarded for it - so please don't give away your ideas quite yet!

Cookies for Carols?

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 1