Awoo.

Duke Nukem Forever

Patticus

I think the biggest problem is that even though we're not supposed to take it seriously, the epic wait makes us want to.

• 1 month later...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/314003/duke-nukem-forever-still-in-development-as-overhaul-introduced/

Duke Nukem Forever PC Updates

• 4-weapon inventory option for single player
  • MP Server favorites
  • Dedicated server overhaul
  • FOV can be modified
  • Change VOIP to push-to-talk (bandwidth fix)
  • VAC anti-cheat system enabled
  • Support for Japanese Steam ID's for PC release in Japan
  • Auto-aim fix
  • Blood effects on surfaces behind enemies when shot
  • Steam.exe no longer uses an unusually high amount of CPU
  • Texture quality improvements
  • Fixes to prevent single player and multiplayer save data corruption
  • Leaderboard exploit fixed
  • AMD Dual-Core Optimizer no longer automatically installed (fixes rare bugs with Intel processors)
  • Crash/compatibility fixes and other minor bugs

Talk about making a fuss about a patch update CVG saying it's still in development when it's just a update =/ nice to see some updates for the game are coming but I wish it was for the 360 too XD

Edited by StockingCroft

4-weapon inventory option for single player

Can you hear that? It is the sound of my prayers being answered.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking forward to this more than the actual game, if only because it means 3D Realms's signature dev hell won't be a factor this time around - hell, most of the problems I could attribute to the original DNF were more or less a result of Gearbox trying to frankenstein a decade's worth of inconsistent development together into something playable.

That said, I still wish they would've just built a new Duke game from scratch rather than breaking out DLC for a poorly optimized UE2.5 game, but as long as it's still an improvement over DNF content wise I can't complain much.

I'd only have called the game poorly optimized if it was UE3. For a UE2.5 game it's fairly decent.

Gearbox already said they're working on their next Duke game though, Pitchford didn't have much faith in the Forever project to begin with, he just wanted to let an old joke come to end, be it tragic or not, and he actually liked the end result to an extent.

I think reason I'm rather excited about this piece of DLC though is that this entire thing is purely designed by Gearbox. Pitchford was a designer for Duke Nukem 3D's fifth campaign add-on, which was the best campaign of the entire game. Lest we forget, a lot of Gearbox employees were those who followed Pitchford after leaving 3D Realms. If anyone knows how to design a Duke game, Gearbox should be the ones who know.

Currently enjoying this DLC, completed it this afternoon and halfway through my Insane playthrough.

14 Levels of awesome.

2 New Weapons

Dr. Proton :D

But still linear, I still wanna play more though :o but I doubt anymore DLC will come out for this, seeing as this is apparently the levels that were cut from the final release.

Finished The Doctor Who Cloned Me today and oh man was it fun. More enjoyable than the entire main campaign. The action was good, the humor was better and the set pieces were much more intresting. I really would love to see another DLC campaign in the future but i doubt that anymore will be happening.

DNF as a whole was the most enjoyable FPS i've played since Duke Nukem 3D. But at the same time it could of been better as the flaws do hold it back. Still I enjoyed playing it. Now that Gearbox owns the Duke Nukem IP, here's hoping the future will be brighter for Duke.

Edited by BlueEagle21

• 1 year later...

I have a strong feeling that Gearbox is not going to last much longer. One more high profile scandal and/or flop and they're done.

• Thumbs Up 1

I picked this up recently in a bargain bin. It tries too hard to be funny, and the levels make me want to rip my hair out. I haven't touched it since.

The demo is misleading.

Edited by Solkia

I picked this up recently in a bargain bin. It tries too hard to be funny, and the levels make me want to rip my hair out. I haven't touched it since.

The demo is misleading.

...Well it was a bargain bin game AND it's infamous for its badness.

At least you didn't pay full price for it :)

The demo is misleading.

Huh? Not really dude. The demo was terribad. Which led to a terribad game.

The demo was nothing but blowing shit up with a few corny lines. That's what I wanted to see.

Instead I got... "the Duke Cave" (really?) and a bunch shitty plot.

That remote control monster truck was shit too. 

I also got it in the bin like.... around 3 months ago. I tried to force myself to beat it. My god its so bad.

I have a strong feeling that Gearbox is not going to last much longer. One more high profile scandal and/or flop and they're done.

No worries. Everyone will forget about the bad stuff Gearbox has done once they announce Borderlands 3.

sigh.

...Well it was a bargain bin game AND it's infamous for its badness.

At least you didn't pay full price for it smile.png

Or $100 for it...

• 2 months later...

Just posted on Randy Pitchford's Twitter:

"It's time to make up and chew bubblegum, and we're all out of gum."

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/378637049873448960

@JalamanTV it means all that's left is to make up.

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/378637278316212224

I came on this topic hoping for new Duke news...

Well, that tweet might be hinting that they're working on a new game. 

I thought it had something to do with the topic of being Sued by 3D Realms hence the "make up" part of the quote

I thought it had something to do with the topic of being Sued by 3D Realms hence the "make up" part of the quote

It is.

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com/2013/09/the-local-company-behind-duke-nukem-is-no-longer-suing-also-local-company-gearbox-software.html/

No more legal action.

Also today is Gearbox's community day, I can understand no duke mentions at the event since the game is old... but... why no mention of Aliens Colonial Marines at the event... . .. oh.

It is.

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com/2013/09/the-local-company-behind-duke-nukem-is-no-longer-suing-also-local-company-gearbox-software.html/

No more legal action.

Also today is Gearbox's community day, I can understand no duke mentions at the event since the game is old... but... why no mention of Aliens Colonial Marines at the event... . .. oh.

Ugh, thought so :/ I want a new Duke game dammit. Though, I would also love to see Gearbox vanish (even though I like Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens). But if they made a new Duke game and it was really really good, I might forgive them.