Awoo.

[COLLAB] The Sonic Stadium Music Album!

Jeffhog

Curses!! Just beaten to the punch!! XD

I was gonna offer to draw some kind of album cover. But I don't have an idea yet, unlike mikeblastdude who does.

I'm not sure if your wanting something like edited official art or completely original art.

I'll stay close by if you need me. wink.png

Edited by BlizzardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

Okay, I think I got the idea with the chords and most of the notes in "Supporting Me", but I feel like stretching it out with another ARK-related song... :s

Edited by BlizzardJeffhog

Okay, I think I got the idea with the chords and most of the notes in "Supporting Me", but I feel like stretching it out with another ARK-related song... :s

May I sugest For True Story and or Final Chase?

http://revisionone.b.../competition-hq

Where I am at with mine so far. AKA: Not very far at all, I -just- figured out all the notes (I am not using anyone's midi, this was all done via listening to the real song and figuring it out on my own). But I did start a little bit of the 'remix' in the second "chorus". Originally I was going to do a moody grunge cover of it but I think I might instead go in a Planet Wisp-esque direction as the description on that page states. I just threw in my picture of Knuckles as the album art on my page for now because its fitting. Anyway I will plug away at the actual remix of it, for now think of this as a really rough 'remaster'.

edit: Also, when I finish this, I'd LOVE if you could fit me in on the album as track number thirteen. For sentimental reasons (my member number being 13, my username being Thirteen for the longest time 'cause of that, plus the number is just plain awesome :D)

Edited by ArcticPunk
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like what you've done, but I can't figure out what song it's supposed to be, is it Planet Wisp?

I like what you've done, but I can't figure out what song it's supposed to be, is it Planet Wisp?

Okay so I am NOT going completely insane that when I switched the 'guitar' to piano it reminded me of Planet Wisp haha. Which is all kinds of amazing to me when I really think about it.

Anyway its the Sonic 3 competition menu song. My 'remaster' is essentially right now just the original song exactly almost aside from some differences with the drums, the pad, and the second 'chorus' being kinda a little playful with some chords. But really I didn't do much yet to it except figure out the notes to the song. Thanks!

Edit: for reference its this track:

So right now I haven't actually gotten around to remixing it really. It's almost the same note for note with the differences I have outlined already. Which is really cool to think that with a few minor changes it can really be made Planet Wisp-ish, which I think is the direction I might take it (without doing a mashup). Although I actually just noticed one piece I -didn't- hear the first time around and need to add.

Edit2: also this is the only preview I will be sharing on here. I'll save the final ACTUAL remix for the release of the album.

Edited by ArcticPunk
  • Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of numbering the tracks, how should we do it you think? I definitely think if someone wants to be a number for whatever reason, then more power to them, >D. But that aside, I just know I definitely don't want like everyone's remixes one after another if they have 2 or 3. Like I don't want to FiG's to be like 4-6 and then it's over, but more spread out.

I was thinking maybe in order by game release, but I'm unsure. It'd end up mashing people's together like I just explained I didn't want, XD. Just randomized could work, but I feel like there should be some thought put into it. Maybe just piecing together by feel of each song so it transitions smoothly? I'm just kinda typing my thoughts at the moment if this seems jumbled, XD. All I know for sure is that track one should be IN YOUR FACE AWESOME. We gotta kick this off with a bang, >D.

I say keep it spread out in order of finality for the lack of a better word.

The starting, mid point and end point should all have one of the theme songs if any are remixed. Stuff like Unawakening Float and Hidden Palace should be kept near the end, while you can put things like Back 2 Back and Competition Select closer to the start.

• Thumbs Up 3

Speaking of the tracklist btw, 15 isn't the cap is it? That's just kinda our goal at least? I have a feeling by the end of the month, there might be more than that, XD.

I'll jump in on this one.

EAR - Mind Body Soul [Work-in-Progress]

(SONIC UNLEASHED // Windmill Isle - Day)

Might also do up an exclusive remix of this remix I did for the Super Sonic Knockout fangame:

EAR - Jeh Jeh Slammin' (Extended Mix)

(SONIC RUSH // Huge Crisis)

& Either an Original Sonic-sounding tune, or a remix of Sand Ruins from SONIC RIDERS...

• Thumbs Up 1

May I sugest For True Story and or Final Chase?

genius.gif

I'll give it a try!

I might mix in a short bit of "Live & Learn" and "All Hail Shadow" to showcase Generations a bit too, but the main focus will be "For True Story" and "Supporting Me." :D

If I get it to work on me piano,...

THISGONBGUD.gif

Simple to say. xD I might find voice clips from Sonic and Shadow though to add along with it!

Intro/Live & Learn: "Alright Shadow, time for me to finish this!"

Intro/All Hail Shadow: "Before this is over, I'll show you the true power of Chaos Control!!"

Then FTS and SM. 8D

http://revisionone.b.../competition-hq

Where I am at with mine so far. AKA: Not very far at all, I -just- figured out all the notes (I am not using anyone's midi, this was all done via listening to the real song and figuring it out on my own). But I did start a little bit of the 'remix' in the second "chorus". Originally I was going to do a moody grunge cover of it but I think I might instead go in a Planet Wisp-esque direction as the description on that page states. I just threw in my picture of Knuckles as the album art on my page for now because its fitting. Anyway I will plug away at the actual remix of it, for now think of this as a really rough 'remaster'.

edit: Also, when I finish this, I'd LOVE if you could fit me in on the album as track number thirteen. For sentimental reasons (my member number being 13, my username being Thirteen for the longest time 'cause of that, plus the number is just plain awesome biggrin.png)

Alright, since you asked, number 13. xD

As a WIP though, it sounds pretty nice! :D Can't wait for the final product!

Speaking of numbering the tracks, how should we do it you think? I definitely think if someone wants to be a number for whatever reason, then more power to them, >D. But that aside, I just know I definitely don't want like everyone's remixes one after another if they have 2 or 3. Like I don't want to FiG's to be like 4-6 and then it's over, but more spread out.

I was thinking maybe in order by game release, but I'm unsure. It'd end up mashing people's together like I just explained I didn't want, XD. Just randomized could work, but I feel like there should be some thought put into it. Maybe just piecing together by feel of each song so it transitions smoothly? I'm just kinda typing my thoughts at the moment if this seems jumbled, XD. All I know for sure is that track one should be IN YOUR FACE AWESOME. We gotta kick this off with a bang, >D.

I say keep it spread out in order of finality for the lack of a better word.

The starting, mid point and end point should all have one of the theme songs if any are remixed. Stuff like Unawakening Float and Hidden Palace should be kept near the end, while you can put things like Back 2 Back and Competition Select closer to the start.

Speaking of the tracklist btw, 15 isn't the cap is it? That's just kinda our goal at least? I have a feeling by the end of the month, there might be more than that, XD.

First point: obviously the order will be thrown around, in the sense that no two/three songs from one of the participants will play one after the other. It'll be spread out. :)

And good call, Carbo. Though right now things are still being submitted, so there's no way we can decide on an order yet, but it's as Wolfy said, it'll be by feel. But the idea of using the first, middle and final songs as checkpoints/theme songs isn't a bad idea. :D

And 15 is the minimum, and there's no limit to the number of entries. Hell, if we end up with, what, 30? That'd make me a happy camper. XD

I'll jump in on this one.

EAR - Mind Body Soul [Work-in-Progress]

(SONIC UNLEASHED // Windmill Isle - Day)

Might also do up an exclusive remix of this remix I did for the Super Sonic Knockout fangame:

EAR - Jeh Jeh Slammin' (Extended Mix)

(SONIC RUSH // Huge Crisis)

& Either an Original Sonic-sounding tune, or a remix of Sand Ruins from SONIC RIDERS...

Do I leave Mind Body Soul aside until it's done? Or are you submitting the WIP?

In any case, Jeh Jeh Slammin' on the list. :D

That's right, you've got room for another. xD You've got 'til the 31st to submit!

>D Punk, I really love your Competition Menu tune. It totally could have some Planet Wisp stuff on it! If you do make it go into that, I pray it's got funky-as-hell bass. >=3

and Jeffhog, if I'm gonna do the mixing, please make sure to record the vocals for your tune separate so I can mix it properly. xD

• Thumbs Up 2

Got it. :D

Though I'm having an insanely difficult time finding voice clips... I got Sonic's, can't find Shadow's, and I want that Biolizard roar... D:

Oooh, if you can, perhaps Skype (or msn for goodness sakes!) and I can help? =3 I was gonna do a remix of that song once, so yeah!

Oooh, if you can, perhaps Skype (or msn for goodness sakes!) and I can help? =3 I was gonna do a remix of that song once, so yeah!

Wait, you mean you actually got Biolizard SFX? o-o

I can probably get it, and I have an idea >:3

EDIT: YEP. I gots it =D

Edited by Santaptiva Claus
  • Thumbs Up 1

@ Blizzard

Leave it off for now, I wanna finish it first ^__^;;;

I'll have Jeh Jeh ready soonish and decide what to do for my 3rd entry.

@ Blizzard

Leave it off for now, I wanna finish it first ^__^;;;

I'll have Jeh Jeh ready soonish and decide what to do for my 3rd entry.

So I oughta put Jeh Jeh and Windmill Isle in Pending? o_o?

So I've been working on it today~

http://soundcloud.com/wolfblur/fireandicedemo3

This is what I got so far, XD. It's not mastered properly yet, and a little WIP still, but yeah! Also managed to get Aurora Icefield - Black Bed in there nicely, <3. I'm thinking about the Crisis City Classic guitar solo somewhere later in that ending progression, since I want some more fire in this ice, but IDK, I'll play around with it, XP.

• Thumbs Up 2